    under Devices with Removable Storage.

    Thanks to all who help

    Ron
    Ron&Joyce, Aug 15, 2003

  2. Ron&Joyce

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Ron&Joyce said:

    > This is a dumb question to some one who has the answer but I don" know the
    > answer.
    > I bought a gateway computer with two tray to put in a CD. One is a CD-RW

    The RW means you can (R)ead cd's and (W)rite to writeable cd's.

    > Drive E ( What ever that means ) The other is DVD Drive D . What is the

    The DVD is intended to play DVD's with. (If you don't want it, I'll take it).

    Brian H¹©, Aug 15, 2003

  3. Ron&Joyce

    woody Guest

    I'm sure more will rrespond, but DVD and CD-RW will both read the CDs in
    general, however I have
    found some non movie CDs that didn"t work on CD-RW but could in DVD.

    CD-RW is a Read and Write CD. You will write your pictures/files to the
    CD-RW. Most DVDs on cheaper machines (under a $1000) will not be a DVD
    burner (writeable).

    If any one else has anything to ad...

    woody, Aug 15, 2003
  4. Ron&Joyce

    Rosco Guest

    Drive D is your default drive which is probably the CD-ROM not CD-RW use it
    first.

    Rosco, Aug 15, 2003
  5. Ron&Joyce

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Ron&Joyce continued:

    > This is a dumb question to some one who has the answer but I don"
    > know the answer.
    > I bought a gateway computer with two tray to put in a CD. One is a
    > CD-RW Drive E ( What ever that means ) The other is DVD Drive D .
    > What is the difference? And what type of CD should I be using to
    > save and show photos on.
    > To find out the above information I took it from My Computer.They are
    > listed under Devices with Removable Storage.
    >
    > Thanks to all who help
    >
    > Ron

    Why did you buy a computer without knowing what the various parts do ?

    "I'll have that car over there, it's a nice colour, and throw out the
    manual, I won't be needing that."
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Aug 15, 2003
  6. Ron&Joyce

    Dewman200x Guest

    Hey, I also know a few people that have bought computers and not knew what to
    do, but did I go and ask them why they did? NO. But still, maybe they are new
    to the computer world. Just maybe.
    Dewman200x, Aug 16, 2003
  7. Ron&Joyce

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Dewman200x said:

    > Hey, I also know a few people that have bought computers and not knew what to
    > do, but did I go and ask them why they did? NO. But still, maybe they are new
    > to the computer world. Just maybe.

    Thank god that people who buy cars know how to drive them (sort of).
    Brian H¹©, Aug 16, 2003
  8. Ron&Joyce

    Dewman200x Guest

    you are right.
    Dewman200x, Aug 16, 2003
  9. Ron&Joyce

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Dewman200x said:

    > you are right.

    I know I am, but what the hell are you talking about?
    Could you include the message you are replying to?
    Brian H¹©, Aug 16, 2003
  10. (Dewman200x) wrote:

    >Hey, I also know a few people that have bought computers and not knew what to
    >do, but did I go and ask them why they did? NO. But still, maybe they are new
    >to the computer world. Just maybe.

    Ignore Slumptard. He was no expert when he bought his first 'puter.
    Hell, he's no expert now - far from it. ;o)

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2
    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 18, 2003
  11. Ron&Joyce

    ?? ? Guest

    ?? ?, Aug 18, 2003
  12. Ron&Joyce

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as ?? ? continued:

    > "Monsignor Larville Jones MD" <> wrote in
    > message news:...
    >> (Dewman200x) wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hey, I also know a few people that have bought computers and not
    >>> knew what to do, but did I go and ask them why they did? NO. But
    >>> still, maybe they are new to the computer world. Just maybe.

    >> Ignore Slumptard. He was no expert when he bought his first 'puter.
    >> Hell, he's no expert now - far from it. ;o)

    Maybe better to just ignore whoever craves the notoriety and general
    wellbeing of being known as slumpy, when they are no more than a sad little
    troll with little imagination past calling someone a useless ****.
    --
    slumpy
    no more