    all when I click on this type of file?

    When I click on the .dat file it brings up my tools so I can pick what
    to use but I don't have or know what I need.

    Ron, Aug 26, 2005

  2. ummm notepad?

    Capt. KillaHo, Aug 26, 2005

  3. Ron

    Ron Guest

    Re: What Tool(s) Do I Need To Open A .pps and a .datattachment/file?

    Capt. KillaHo) wrote:

    >ummm notepad?

    These are pictures that were sent to me.

    Ron, Aug 26, 2005
  4. Ron

    bambam Guest

    (Ron) wrote in news:28182-430F6C4A-398@storefull-
    3118.bay.webtv.net:

    > What do I need in order to open these type of files (.pps .dat)
    >
    > When I click on a .pps file my Adobe reader opens, of course it can't
    > open the .pps file but should the Adobe reader be opening/activating at
    > all when I click on this type of file?
    >
    > When I click on the .dat file it brings up my tools so I can pick what
    > to use but I don't have or know what I need.

    The .pps is most likely a MS PowerPoint slide show, to view this you need
    the viewer from MS, if you don't have MS Office that is -

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=428D5727-43AB-
    4F24-90B7-A94784AF71A4&displaylang=en

    or

    http://shorl.com/bepusydinuly

    The .dat file on the other hand can be just about anything -

    http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=dat&goButton=Go

    bambam, Aug 27, 2005
  5. Ron

    Guest

    bambam wrote:
    > (Ron) wrote in news:28182-430F6C4A-398@storefull-
    > 3118.bay.webtv.net:
    >
    > > What do I need in order to open these type of files (.pps .dat)
    > >
    > > When I click on a .pps file my Adobe reader opens, of course it can't
    > > open the .pps file but should the Adobe reader be opening/activating at
    > > all when I click on this type of file?
    > >
    > > When I click on the .dat file it brings up my tools so I can pick what
    > > to use but I don't have or know what I need.

    > The .pps is most likely a MS PowerPoint slide show, to view this you need
    > the viewer from MS, if you don't have MS Office that is -
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=428D5727-43AB-
    > 4F24-90B7-A94784AF71A4&displaylang=en
    >

    > or
    >
    > http://shorl.com/bepusydinuly
    >
    > The .dat file on the other hand can be just about anything -
    >
    > http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=dat&goButton=Go

    Thanks that's what I needed!

    The damn Adobe reader still pops up for some reason!

    So,I have to open the file manually....No biggie.

    Also, if you are interested in some AWESOME Space Shuttle pics from the
    last flight, e-mail me at THIS address and I'll send the file to ya.

    It's a slide show with about 50 pictures, including pics from the
    camera that was mounted on the OUTSIDE of the Shuttle.

    Thanks,
    Ron

    , Aug 27, 2005
  6. Ron

    Gabbyguy Guest

    >The damn Adobe reader still pops up for some reason!
    Change the association for the file.

    Wake Up America

    Gabbyguy, Aug 29, 2005