What to use?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by John, Nov 6, 2003.

  1. John

    John Guest

    I am the new owner of a Sony DVD camcorder and have a CD burner and a DVD
    ROM on my computer now. Without a DVD burner, what are my options for making
    copies of my home movies on CD? Can the DVD file type be converted to
    something that can be put on a CD without too much loss in image quality
    (Obviously, you would not be able to fit all of a full DVD on to a CD at the
    same quality). Of the following softwares, which would be best for me in
    terms of ease of use (being able to show my impatient wife how to use), and
    performance?

    Thanks,
    John

    PowerDVD

    DVD Movie Factory 2.5

    Video Studio 7

    Instant DVD Copy

    Sonic Reel DVD 3.0.3

    Steinberg DVD Movie Copy Suite

    Roxio EZCD and DVD Creator 6

    Nero Ultra Edition 6 CD & DVD

    Pinnacle DVD

    John, Nov 6, 2003

  2. John

    Murder Guest

    "John" <> wrote in

    > I am the new owner of a Sony DVD camcorder and have a CD burner and a
    > DVD ROM on my computer now. Without a DVD burner, what are my options
    > for making copies of my home movies on CD? Can the DVD file type be
    > converted to something that can be put on a CD without too much loss
    > in image quality (Obviously, you would not be able to fit all of a
    > full DVD on to a CD at the same quality). Of the following softwares,
    > which would be best for me in terms of ease of use (being able to show
    > my impatient wife how to use), and performance?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > John
    >
    > PowerDVD
    >
    > DVD Movie Factory 2.5
    >
    > Video Studio 7
    >
    > Instant DVD Copy
    >
    > Sonic Reel DVD 3.0.3
    >
    > Steinberg DVD Movie Copy Suite
    >
    > Roxio EZCD and DVD Creator 6
    >
    > Nero Ultra Edition 6 CD & DVD
    >
    > Pinnacle DVD

    I have Roxio, but I don't have an actual DVD burner. Looks like a very
    cool program, though.

    Murder, Nov 6, 2003