    Any suggestions?

    Thanks!

    , Dec 6, 2006

  2. Mikey Guest

    Have you thought of a scart to VGA box? Like the ones that convert Xboxes
    to VGA.

    They tend to run films without problems.

    Mike

    Mikey, Dec 6, 2006

  3. GMAN Guest

    In article <>, wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >I need a DVD player that will connect directly to a computer monitor,
    >so I need one that has a VGA connector. I just read (in a review about
    >a player that has a VGA connector) that a user only succeeded in
    >playing 2 out of 50 (!) discs properly through the VGA output. Since I
    >don't have a TV at home, this could be a problem.
    >
    >What should I be looking for when I buy the player? How can I know I
    >won't have the same problem?
    >Any suggestions?
    >
    >Thanks!

    Rather than spending the money for a high end DVD player with VGA output, take
    the money and buy a 27" tv. Most now have ATSC digital tuner and can be found
    at walmart for less than $200

    GMAN, Dec 6, 2006
  4. BR549 Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I need a DVD player that will connect directly to a computer monitor,
    > so I need one that has a VGA connector. I just read (in a review about
    > a player that has a VGA connector) that a user only succeeded in
    > playing 2 out of 50 (!) discs properly through the VGA output. Since I
    > don't have a TV at home, this could be a problem.
    >
    > What should I be looking for when I buy the player? How can I know I
    > won't have the same problem?
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Why not just buy a dvd drive for the computer that the "computer monitor" is
    attached to? Not only cheaper, but a lot more useful.

    BR549, Dec 8, 2006