    --
    "USA is the most pathetic country in the world!"
    -- Gordon Ramsay (aka Iron Chef)
    Scott W, Oct 27, 2007

  2. Scott W

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "Scott W" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Won't power up. Just send it back to the factory?
    >
    > I've only had it for a month.

    It's under warrantee. Take it back to store you got it from, and let them
    send it back to the factory, if that's what is needed.
    ..
    Mr. Arnold, Oct 27, 2007

  3. Scott W

    VanguardLH Guest

    "Scott W" wrote in message
    > Won't power up. Just send it back to the factory?
    > I've only had it for a month. Any known issues with
    > the Acers and do you think that it's the board? Is
    > this a problem that can be fixed without sending
    > it to Acer?

    Battery maybe? Installed? Bad?

    BTW: Looks like you have Gravity screwed up to do double-space your
    lines.
    VanguardLH, Oct 27, 2007
  4. Scott W

    Scott W Guest

    In article <>,
    lid says...
    > "Scott W" wrote in message
    > > Won't power up. Just send it back to the factory?
    > > I've only had it for a month. Any known issues with
    > > the Acers and do you think that it's the board? Is
    > > this a problem that can be fixed without sending
    > > it to Acer?

    > Battery maybe? Installed? Bad?

    The battery indicator shows it as

    fully charged. But that's it. When

    I go to Power On it goes back out.

    When I run it from AC adapter Only

    it does nothing at all: no lights, no nothing.

    > BTW: Looks like you have Gravity screwed up to do double-space your
    > lines.

    Hee hee! No. I like to double space.
    Scott W, Oct 27, 2007
  5. Scott W

    Scott W Guest

    In article <>, "Mr. Arnold" <MR.
    > says...
    >
    > "Scott W" <> wrote in message
    > > Won't power up. Just send it back to the factory?
    > >
    > > I've only had it for a month.

    > It's under warrantee. Take it back to store you got it from, and let them
    > send it back to the factory, if that's what is needed.
    > .

    Well; it's from Walmart, so I'll probably have to

    just ship it back to Acer myself and pay the shipping

    and insurance. It's well beyond the store's return

    or service policy --as indicated in fine print on

    the store reciebt.

    I'll call Acer in the morning, but I'm pretty

    sure that something's a gonner in this one.

    I hate being without it for a few weeks but

    oh well. At least I didn't throw away the old

    Win98 box, which I'm using right now. It's okay

    for Firefox and Gravity but not too portable.

    Was sure hoping that it was something simple but

    after reading their trouble shooting suggestions,

    I know that I'll have to send it in with a ticket

    number from Tech Support.
    Scott W, Oct 27, 2007
  6. from Acer support

    If everything is plugged in correctly and it still will not power on,
    follow these steps to
    complete a ‘power reset' of the notebook.
    1. Unplug the ac adapter. Keep ac adapter unplugged.
    2. Remove the battery and keep the battery unplugged.
    Hold the power button down for 15-20 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the
    display and none of the lights will light up.)
    3.
    Release the power button and plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note
    that a
    power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged
    in).
    4.
    5. Normally power on the notebook.
    If the unit does not power on, remove the ac adapter and insert the
    battery into
    the system.
    6.
    Plug the ac adapter back into the system, the battery charging indicator
    light will
    light up.
    If the battery charging indicator light does not light up, the ac
    adapter may not be
    providing proper power to the unit, and may need to be replaced.
    7.
    Date
    02-27-07
    English
    Copyright © 2006 Acer Inc.
    All Rights Reserved.
    Legal Notices , Privacy
    and Trademarks.
    Português

    crazygolfer62, Oct 27, 2007
  7. Scott W

    chuckcar Guest

    Scott W <> wrote in

    > Won't power up. Just send it back to the factory?
    >
    > I've only had it for a month. Any known issues with
    >
    > the Acers and do you think that it's the board? Is
    >
    > this a problem that can be fixed without sending
    >
    > it to Acer?

    Don't double post your problems. This post is only 1:12 after your last
    one. This *isn't* icq. This is usenet. Wait a week before you decide you
    haven't been read.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Oct 27, 2007
  8. Scott W

    Scott W Guest

    In article <Xns99D6736F1D8F0chucknilcar@127.0.0.1>, says...
    > Scott W <> wrote in
    >
    > > Won't power up. Just send it back to the factory?
    > >
    > > I've only had it for a month. Any known issues with
    > >
    > > the Acers and do you think that it's the board? Is
    > >
    > > this a problem that can be fixed without sending
    > >
    > > it to Acer?

    > Don't double post your problems. This post is only 1:12 after your last
    > one. This *isn't* icq. This is usenet. Wait a week before you decide you
    > haven't been read.

    Oh sorry. For a second there I thought 1I was supposed to
    take orders from you! Ha ha ha ha ha ha! You really
    had me going there, Chucky.
    Scott W, Oct 27, 2007
  9. Scott W

    Tony Guest

    Yup this is usenet but read the newsgroup tittle: it says
    24hourssupport.helpdesk. When you answer questions it's
    "24hoursNOsupport.helpdesk"

    Tony, Oct 27, 2007
  10. Scott W

    Star@*.* Guest

    On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 00:30:27 -0600, Scott W <>
    wrote:

    >Won't power up. Just send it back to the factory?
    >
    >I've only had it for a month. Any known issues with
    >
    >the Acers and do you think that it's the board? Is
    >
    >this a problem that can be fixed without sending
    >
    >it to Acer?

    Check with Acer but most companies ask you to remove the HDD from the
    Laptop before you return it for repairs.
    Again check with Acer.

    Art
    Star@*.*, Oct 28, 2007
  11. Scott W

    Scott W Guest

    In article <>, Star@*.* says...
    > On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 00:30:27 -0600, Scott W <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Won't power up. Just send it back to the factory?
    > >
    > >I've only had it for a month. Any known issues with
    > >
    > >the Acers and do you think that it's the board? Is
    > >
    > >this a problem that can be fixed without sending
    > >
    > >it to Acer?

    > Check with Acer but most companies ask you to remove the HDD from the
    > Laptop before you return it for repairs.
    > Again check with Acer.
    >
    > Art

    I called and she said just to box it up and ship it in! She
    also wanted to know my password for Vista long-on. OH well.
    Scott W, Oct 28, 2007
  12. Scott W

    nobody > Guest

    Tony wrote:
    > Yup this is usenet but read the newsgroup tittle: it says
    > 24hourssupport.helpdesk. When you answer questions it's
    > "24hoursNOsupport.helpdesk"

    > Regards Tony... Making usenet worse for everyone everyday

    Look who's talking about "nosupport"
    nobody >, Oct 28, 2007
  13. Scott W

    Tony Guest

    I'm supporting everybody by warning them about Chuck.

    Regards Tony... Making usenet better for everyone everday

    Tony, Oct 28, 2007
  14. Scott W

    chuckcar Guest

    Scott W <> wrote in

    > In article <Xns99D6736F1D8F0chucknilcar@127.0.0.1>,
    > says...
    >> Scott W <> wrote in
    >>

    >> Don't double post your problems. This post is only 1:12 after your
    >> last one. This *isn't* icq. This is usenet. Wait a week before you
    >> decide you haven't been read.
    >>

    > Oh sorry. For a second there I thought 1I was supposed to
    > take orders from you! Ha ha ha ha ha ha! You really
    > had me going there, Chucky.

    Who said a) I was kidding b) you have any say in the matter and c) it's
    my rule? get a clue noob.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Oct 28, 2007
  15. Scott W

    Scott W Guest

    In article <Xns99D78B43D583chucknilcar@127.0.0.1>, says...
    > Scott W <> wrote in
    >
    > > In article <Xns99D6736F1D8F0chucknilcar@127.0.0.1>,
    > > says...
    > >> Scott W <> wrote in
    > >>

    > >> Don't double post your problems. This post is only 1:12 after your
    > >> last one. This *isn't* icq. This is usenet. Wait a week before you
    > >> decide you haven't been read.
    > >>

    > > Oh sorry. For a second there I thought 1I was supposed to
    > > take orders from you! Ha ha ha ha ha ha! You really
    > > had me going there, Chucky.

    > Who said a) I was kidding b) you have any say in the matter and c) it's
    > my rule? get a clue noob.

    a) you are a douche bag
    b) you are still a douche bag
    c) you are the biggest douche bag ever

    Scott W, Oct 28, 2007
  16. Scott W

    chuckcar Guest

    Scott W <> wrote in

    > In article <Xns99D78B43D583chucknilcar@127.0.0.1>,
    > says...
    >> Scott W <> wrote in
    >>
    >> > In article <Xns99D6736F1D8F0chucknilcar@127.0.0.1>,
    >> > says...

    >> > Oh sorry. For a second there I thought 1I was supposed to
    >> > take orders from you! Ha ha ha ha ha ha! You really
    >> > had me going there, Chucky.

    >> Who said a) I was kidding b) you have any say in the matter and c)
    >> it's my rule? get a clue noob.
    >>

    > a) you are a douche bag
    > b) you are still a douche bag
    > c) you are the biggest douche bag ever

    Brilliant. You are apparently a noob *and* a moron.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Oct 28, 2007
  17. Scott W

    Scott W Guest

    In article <Xns99D75932F5669chucknilcar@127.0.0.1>, says...
    > Scott W <> wrote in
    >
    > > In article <Xns99D78B43D583chucknilcar@127.0.0.1>,
    > > says...
    > >> Scott W <> wrote in

    > >> Who said a) I was kidding b) you have any say in the matter and c)
    > >> it's my rule? get a clue noob.
    > >>

    > > a) you are a douche bag
    > > b) you are still a douche bag
    > > c) you are the biggest douche bag ever
    > >

    > Brilliant. You are apparently a noob *and* a moron.

    *PLONK*
    Damned trolls.
    Scott W, Oct 28, 2007
  18. Scott W wrote:
    > In article <Xns99D75932F5669chucknilcar@127.0.0.1>,
    > says...
    >> Scott W <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> In article <Xns99D78B43D583chucknilcar@127.0.0.1>,
    >>> says...

    >>> a) you are a douche bag
    >>> b) you are still a douche bag
    >>> c) you are the biggest douche bag ever
    >>>

    >> Brilliant. You are apparently a noob *and* a moron.
    >>

    > *PLONK*
    > Damned trolls.

    But take notice how much help you actually /received/. It could be a
    clue that perhaps the problem here isn't who you think it is.

    --
    Rhonda Lea Kirk

    AUK Galactic Killfile, 15 May 2007
    http://groups.google.com/group/alt.usenet.kooks/msg/23766545e259d53c
    Winner, Golden Killfile, April 2007
    Co-Office Holder, Ministry of Circle Jerks, April and May 2007
    Member, Human O-Ring Society, March 2003
    NCB#16 BJDS#2 INAC#77 PSLCK#1 SBG#1 A-29204

    Some are tempted to think of life in cyberspace as insignificant,
    as escape or meaningless diversion. It is not. Our experiences there
    are serious play. We belittle them at our risk. Sherry Turkle
    Rhonda Lea Kirk, Oct 28, 2007
  19. Scott W

    mmzz Guest

    Re: from Acer support

    On 27 Oct, 12:43, crazygolfer62 <> wrote:
    > If everything is plugged in correctly and it still will not power on,
    > follow these steps to
    > complete a 'power reset' of the notebook.
    > 1. Unplug the ac adapter. Keep ac adapter unplugged.
    > 2. Remove the battery and keep the battery unplugged.
    > Hold the power button down for 15-20 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the
    > display and none of the lights will light up.)
    > 3.
    > Release the power button and plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note
    > that a
    > power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged
    > in).
    > 4.
    > 5. Normally power on the notebook.
    > If the unit does not power on, remove the ac adapter and insert the
    > battery into
    > the system.
    > 6.
    > Plug the ac adapter back into the system, the battery charging indicator
    > light will
    > light up.
    > If the battery charging indicator light does not light up, the ac
    > adapter may not be
    > providing proper power to the unit, and may need to be replaced.
    > 7.
    > Date
    > 02-27-07
    > English
    > Copyright © 2006 Acer Inc.
    > All Rights Reserved.
    > Legal Notices , Privacy
    > and Trademarks.
    > Português
    >
    > Copyrightcott W wrote:
    > > Won't power up. Just send it back to the factory?

    > > I've only had it for a month. Any known issues with

    > > the Acers and do you think that it's the board? Is

    > > this a problem that can be fixed without sending

    > > it to Acer?

    Just tried your suggestion with my dead Targa laptop. nearly new but i
    accidently (altered the power management settings) completely
    discharged the battery and just could not power the laptop up.
    Heartfelt thanks it worked a treat
    mmzz, Oct 28, 2007
  20. Scott W

    Scott W Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Scott W wrote:
    > > In article <Xns99D75932F5669chucknilcar@127.0.0.1>,
    > > says...
    > >> Scott W <> wrote in

    > >> Brilliant. You are apparently a noob *and* a moron.
    > >>

    > > *PLONK*
    > > Damned trolls.

    > But take notice how much help you actually /received/. It could be a
    > clue that perhaps the problem here isn't who you think it is.

    Whatchoo talkin bout?
    Scott W, Oct 28, 2007