    Many thanks!

    --

    Just say No to fat chicks.
    Bill McPherson, Oct 7, 2005

  2. Bill McPherson

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Bill McPherson" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I've been working towards my MCSE for about a year. With only one exam
    > left, I've done pretty well, only having to retake one. I know, very
    > exciting.
    > My wife has been working towards her CPA for about a year, but has yet to
    > pass any of the exams (four separate sections are required, she's failed
    > four or five times). She found out about the most recent one last night.
    > Needless to say, it wasn't a fun night. She has another one scheduled for
    > three weeks and I'm concerned about her motivation and study habits (as
    > well
    > as my ability to 'get some' if she fails yet again).
    > Does anyone have any advice to help me get her motivated for it and what I
    > could do to help her out? And no, I'm not going to buy her braindumps (I
    > don't think the CPA is plagued by that problem thank goodness).
    > Many thanks!

    I think the "getting some" might be your problem. You see, test takers are
    not unlike prize fighters, and to get that "eye of the tiger" you must
    abstain from sex before the big matchup, so NO SOUP FOR YOU! BTW, please
    post GIFS!!11!!one!1!!!!! of your soon-to-be-CPA-wife.
    Frisbee®, Oct 7, 2005

  3. Bill McPherson

    CBIC Guest

    Bill McPherson wrote:
    > I've been working towards my MCSE for about a year. With only one
    > exam left, I've done pretty well, only having to retake one. I know,
    > very exciting.
    > My wife has been working towards her CPA for about a year, but has
    > yet to pass any of the exams (four separate sections are required,
    > she's failed four or five times). She found out about the most
    > recent one last night. Needless to say, it wasn't a fun night. She
    > has another one scheduled for three weeks and I'm concerned about her
    > motivation and study habits (as well as my ability to 'get some' if
    > she fails yet again).
    > Does anyone have any advice to help me get her motivated for it and
    > what I could do to help her out? And no, I'm not going to buy her
    > braindumps (I don't think the CPA is plagued by that problem thank
    > goodness).
    > Many thanks!

    I think I would try to play off the past failures as "no big deal". I would
    try to encourage her as much as possible. Down play the previous failures
    and focus on the next test. And if that doesn't work threaten her with @n@l
    r@pe.
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38
    CBIC, Oct 7, 2005
  4. Bill McPherson

    MitchS Guest

    > Does anyone have any advice to help me get her motivated for it and what I
    > could do to help her out? And no, I'm not going to buy her braindumps (I
    > don't think the CPA is plagued by that problem thank goodness).
    > Many thanks!

    Since I'm headed that direction myself (Yeah I know a CPA and Net Admin
    would be a vicious combination), I can tell you what I have heard. They say
    the Kaplan CPA review is good. I think it is about a grand, but 2 CPA
    friends of mine swore by it. Info can ironically be found here
    http://www.kaplancpareview.com/. I do offer this with the most sincerity as
    I wouldn't want you missing *getting some* because of a joke. I have one
    other resource and when I can find it, I'll post again. As far as
    motivation, I don't know what works for her so sorry there. Good lucj to
    your *some* and tell her good luck as well.

    BTW MCSE training counts as continuing ed for CPAs, funny ain't it.
    --
    Mitch "bean countin' admin" S.
    MCSA, A+, Net+, CCNA
    MitchS, Oct 7, 2005
  5. Bill McPherson

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, MitchS spewed across the ether:

    > (Yeah I know a CPA and Net Admin
    > would be a vicious combination),

    Bean Counter == Admin

    Holy fsck! You'll be your own worst enemy!

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Oct 7, 2005
  6. Bill McPherson

    MitchS Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > Bean Counter == Admin
    >
    > Holy fsck! You'll be your own worst enemy!

    Yeah, a bank IT Security auditor. I shudder to think what people will say
    of me. Maybe the 6 figure salary will help ease my pain ;-)
    --
    Mitch "Triple DES just aint enough, do it over!" S.
    MCSA, A+, Net+, CCNA
    MitchS, Oct 7, 2005
  7. Bill McPherson

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Bill McPherson" <> say in

    > I've been working towards my MCSE for about a year. With only one
    > exam left, I've done pretty well, only having to retake one. I know,
    > very exciting.
    > My wife has been working towards her CPA for about a year, but has yet
    > to pass any of the exams (four separate sections are required, she's
    > failed four or five times). She found out about the most recent one
    > last night. Needless to say, it wasn't a fun night. She has another
    > one scheduled for three weeks and I'm concerned about her motivation
    > and study habits (as well as my ability to 'get some' if she fails yet
    > again). Does anyone have any advice to help me get her motivated for
    > it and what I could do to help her out? And no, I'm not going to buy
    > her braindumps (I don't think the CPA is plagued by that problem thank
    > goodness). Many thanks!

    WHATEVER you do, do NOT show her this:

    http://www.phule.net/mirrors/unskilled-and-unaware.html

    Aer her scores getting better? is there any sign of progress? If there is
    progress there is hope. sometimes hope is all you've got...

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - ...and Adam asked, "What's a Headache?"
    Neil, Oct 7, 2005
  8. Bill McPherson

    Frisbee® Guest

    > did you hear "Bill McPherson" <> say in
    >
    >> I've been working towards my MCSE for about a year. With only one
    >> exam left, I've done pretty well, only having to retake one. I know,
    >> very exciting.
    >> My wife has been working towards her CPA for about a year, but has yet
    >> to pass any of the exams (four separate sections are required, she's
    >> failed four or five times). She found out about the most recent one
    >> last night. Needless to say, it wasn't a fun night. She has another
    >> one scheduled for three weeks and I'm concerned about her motivation
    >> and study habits (as well as my ability to 'get some' if she fails yet
    >> again). Does anyone have any advice to help me get her motivated for
    >> it and what I could do to help her out? And no, I'm not going to buy
    >> her braindumps (I don't think the CPA is plagued by that problem thank
    >> goodness). Many thanks!

    > WHATEVER you do, do NOT show her this:
    >
    > http://www.phule.net/mirrors/unskilled-and-unaware.html
    >
    > Aer her scores getting better? is there any sign of progress? If there is
    > progress there is hope. sometimes hope is all you've got...

    I'm thinking she must be an FSU graduate.
    Frisbee®, Oct 7, 2005
  9. Bill McPherson

    MitchS Guest

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    > I'm thinking she must be an FSU graduate.

    Truly sir, your'e cruelty knows no limits. Next you'll be suggesting she's
    an Auburn dropout.

    "I-I-I know what you're gonna say son. When two halves is gone there's
    nuthin' left - and you're right. It's a little ol' worm who wasn't there.
    Two nuthins is nuthin'. That's mathematics son. You can argue with me but
    you can't argue with figures. Two half nuthins is a whole
    uthin'." --Foghorn Leghorn

    --
    Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
    MCSA, A+, Net+, CCNA
    MitchS, Oct 7, 2005
  10. Thanks all to the useful posts and those that made me laugh. Double thanks
    for those who did both.
    She needs a 70 to pass, but has been getting mid-50's. Each test is
    different, so it's hard to gauge an improvement level. We'll see what
    happens when she retakes this next one. I'll show her the Kaplan info. I'm
    hoping Barnes and Noble has some inexpensive books too. MS materials are
    cheap compared to the CPA stuff.
    Bill McPherson, Oct 7, 2005
  11. Bill McPherson

    MitchS Guest

    > MS materials are cheap compared to the CPA stuff.

    Proportionate to salaries my friend, usually anyway.

    Has she met all other requirements yet? For example my state requires 150
    college hrs, degree emphasis in accounting, and 2000 hrs. accounting work
    experience verified by a current CPA. That year of experience can help a
    lot.

    --
    Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
    MCSA, A+, Net+, CCNA
    MitchS, Oct 7, 2005
  12. She's met all requirements. I think one problem is that she' s been out of
    public accounting for 16 months, doing corporate accounting instead. Better
    hours, better pay. So she forgets some of the practical Auditing and Tax
    information, but picks up information on other aspects of the tests. Maybe
    I should make her get a second job. She did her 150 college credits, and
    been working in Accounting for 3 years now. That's one thing I like about
    the CPA, you actually need the experience to get the certification.

    --

    Just say No to fat biker chicks.

    Bill McPherson, Oct 7, 2005