    business incarnations, he got my email address when he was involved with
    "the pc company". Is there anything we can do about this spammer without
    getting in trouble ourselves?

    nebula, Aug 18, 2005

  2. nebula

    nebula Guest

    "nebula" <nebula@space> wrote in message news:4303ee26$...
    > I got a spam from pricecutter.co.nz today. I have never had any dealings
    > with this company. The only spammer that has my email address as far as i
    > know is this guy that starts all sorts of businesses and then bails out
    > owing people a lot of money, I get spam from this guy and his different
    > business incarnations, he got my email address when he was involved with
    > "the pc company". Is there anything we can do about this spammer without
    > getting in trouble ourselves?

    I would like to ring them on 09 309 6690 and tell them to piss-off but it
    would be a toll call for me.

    nebula, Aug 18, 2005

  3. nebula

    Deadmeat Guest

    nebula wrote:
    > "nebula" <nebula@space> wrote in message news:4303ee26$...
    >
    >>I got a spam from pricecutter.co.nz today. I have never had any dealings
    >>with this company. The only spammer that has my email address as far as i
    >>know is this guy that starts all sorts of businesses and then bails out
    >>owing people a lot of money, I get spam from this guy and his different
    >>business incarnations, he got my email address when he was involved with
    >>"the pc company". Is there anything we can do about this spammer without
    >>getting in trouble ourselves?
    >>

    > I would like to ring them on 09 309 6690 and tell them to piss-off but it
    > would be a toll call for me.

    Try and con them into accepting a collect call? That way at least it
    costs them _something_ :)

    Deadmeat, Aug 18, 2005
  4. On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 14:40:30 +1200, Deadmeat <chris@ddd> wrote:

    >nebula wrote:
    >> "nebula" <nebula@space> wrote in message news:4303ee26$...
    >>
    >>>I got a spam from pricecutter.co.nz today. I have never had any dealings
    >>>with this company. The only spammer that has my email address as far as i
    >>>know is this guy that starts all sorts of businesses and then bails out
    >>>owing people a lot of money, I get spam from this guy and his different
    >>>business incarnations, he got my email address when he was involved with
    >>>"the pc company". Is there anything we can do about this spammer without
    >>>getting in trouble ourselves?
    >>>

    >> I would like to ring them on 09 309 6690 and tell them to piss-off but it
    >> would be a toll call for me.
    >>

    >Try and con them into accepting a collect call? That way at least it
    >costs them _something_ :)

    If you have a valid email address or postal address for them, send
    them a legal notice saying that in future if they send you advertising
    email, by doing so they will be entering into a contract with you to
    read the emails at a rate of $200 per 25 lines of email, rounded up to
    the nearest 25 lines. A similar notice sent to people posting
    circulars in letterboxes in the face of "No circulars" signs has
    apparently been upheld by the courts, so I see no reason why it should
    not hold up for email also. Make sure to require payment in 7 days,
    and all collection and legal costs payable by them. When they do not
    pay after you invoice them, take it to the Disputes Tribunal.

    Stephen Worthington, Aug 18, 2005
  5. nebula

    Peter Lowrie Guest

    nebula wrote:
    > "the pc company". Is there anything we can do about this spammer without
    > getting in trouble ourselves?

    Softball bat -> head.

    --
    Regards,
    Peter.

    Peter Lowrie, Aug 18, 2005
  6. Peter Lowrie wrote:
    >>"the pc company". Is there anything we can do about this spammer without
    >>getting in trouble ourselves?

    > Softball bat -> head.

    note the "without getting into trouble ourselves"

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 18, 2005
  7. nebula

    Shane Guest

    On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 08:44:27 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > Peter Lowrie wrote:
    >>>"the pc company". Is there anything we can do about this spammer without
    >>>getting in trouble ourselves?

    >> Softball bat -> head.

    > note the "without getting into trouble ourselves"

    Drugs -> Local Mongrol Mob Member -> steel capped boots -> head
    :)

    Shane, Aug 18, 2005
  8. In article <>,
    Stephen Worthington <34.nz56.remove_numbers> wrote:

    >A similar notice sent to people posting
    >circulars in letterboxes in the face of "No circulars" signs has
    >apparently been upheld by the courts...

    Do you have a reference for this?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 20, 2005
  9. On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 10:20:50 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    <_zealand> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > Stephen Worthington <34.nz56.remove_numbers> wrote:
    >
    >>A similar notice sent to people posting
    >>circulars in letterboxes in the face of "No circulars" signs has
    >>apparently been upheld by the courts...

    >Do you have a reference for this?

    I heard about, IIRC, from a TV news item. It was years ago.

    Stephen Worthington, Aug 21, 2005