    required for the exam.

    Any response is appreciated.

    -NC

    NC, Feb 21, 2004

  2. NC

    Travis Owens Guest

    You do not need to knew WebMatrix or VS.Net to pass the
    exam, but you will need to knew the code that these
    programs generate (what you would have to type by hand in
    a text editor).

    Imho you need to buy some course books as you will not be
    ready for the test unless you read course material from a
    person that is gearing you up for the test.

    If you simply read some online tutorials you will not
    pass the test.

    I prefer the MS Press books as they are specifically
    geared for the tests and you can find them for a good
    price used via Amazon.

    Travis Owens, Feb 23, 2004

  3. NC

    Eric Guest

    NC wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm a beginner preparing for 70-305. The MS website tells
    > that the pre-req for this exam is knowing VB.net and
    > Visual Studio.net. To what depth I need to knowing VB.net?
    >
    > My second question is ... Do I need to learn ASP.net by
    > installing WebMatrix or using Visual Studio.net. Which is
    > required for the exam.
    >
    > Any response is appreciated.
    >
    > -NC

    I think there were a couple questions on how to do something in VS -
    the order of steps, for example. But it wasn't a big part of the test.

    Web Matrix is clearly not part of any certification test - this isn't
    what MS wants you to use on the job! Of course, there's nothing wrong
    with it, but MS sees VS as offering more productivity for professional
    programmers.

    You clearly need some "hands on" if you want to do good on the test.

    Eric, Feb 23, 2004
  4. NC

    Eric Guest

    I just passed 315 (the C# equivalent to yours) a couple of days ago.
    You need to know how to read and interpret the code fragments you are shown,
    but they dont test you on language features.
    I used both Kalani's books and Transcender and found them both very worth
    it. The books were great general prep ( the practice test wasnt so hot) and
    Transcender's exams were right on the money. I went through every exam that
    came with the install, and, this is very important, read ALL the links at
    the bottom of the answer review for each question (including those I got
    right unless I was darn sure I knew that topic cold). Those links are right
    to the MS docs and help you gain a thorough enough understanding of the
    topic.

    There are still some tough ones on the MS test though.

    Eric, Apr 8, 2004