    What do you think? TIA.
    Lee

    , Nov 16, 2005

  2. Lee -
    Do you have experience doing this, or is this your chance to learn?
    Is this using Windows Small Business Server, or the full-blown Windows
    server?
    What area of the country?

    Bob
    --
    Bob Christian II
    MVP - LCS

    Bob Christian, Nov 16, 2005

  3. Hi Lee,

    What I charge in Montreal is completely different from what someone would
    charge in New York. If you tell me where you are I will get you a more
    accurate answer within a few hours, ok?

    Let me know!

    Mitch

    =?Utf-8?B?TW9udHJlYWwgTUNTQQ==?=, Nov 16, 2005
  4. Guest

    upstate, ny

    Montreal MCSA wrote:
    > Hi Lee,
    >
    > What I charge in Montreal is completely different from what someone would
    > charge in New York. If you tell me where you are I will get you a more
    > accurate answer within a few hours, ok?
    >
    > Let me know!
    >
    > Mitch
    >
    > "" wrote:
    >
    > > I was approached by a colleague of mine to work on a small part time
    > > contract.
    > > He needs the following for the contract.
    > > MCSE, which I am, to do the following...
    > > Build win2k3 server from scratch, create and configure an active
    > > directory domain, DNS,
    > > 3 users, 1 site, DHCP, MS VPN, File and printer shares.
    > > Without trying to take advantage, I would like to know what a fair
    > > price is to charge him.
    > > I am fully capable of performing these tasks and more, so it shouldn't
    > > take long,
    > > What do you think? TIA.
    > > Lee

    , Nov 17, 2005
  5. EggHead Guest

    Hi Lee,
    if you are Sys Admin
    how many hrs you are doing it * what are you making per hr now * 2 ~ 4
    (depend on how close you two)
    if you are not Sys admin
    how many hrs you are doing it * 20 ~ 30 (depend on how close you two) * how
    many yrs of win server admin exp you have (cap on 4)
    cheers,
    Egghead

    EggHead, Nov 17, 2005
  6. lee.keneston Guest

    Thanks all for the advice, as it was a friendly favor and an experience
    builder I wasn't concerned but didn't want to get taken advantage of
    either.

    I have read a few posts that state that I should know since i have my
    MCSE and all, however i studied my XXX off to get the mcse mostly to
    have a different outlook and a higher level of expertise in my field,
    Desktop support, yes maybe overkill, but i think it helps improve my
    proccesses and troubleshooting before looking stupid in front of sys
    admins. I don't know the ins and outs of consulting or billing only due
    to lack of experience.

    --
    lee.keneston

    lee.keneston, Feb 26, 2006