    MH Guest

    I am looking at the Canon SD800. Looking for an easy to use small camera
    that takes gorgeous photos. Any other suggestions and why?
    MH, Dec 25, 2006

  2. MH

    Jack Guest

    [posted and mailed]

    "MH" <> wrote in news:VQFjh.5544$kD4.3417@trndny06:

    > I am looking at the Canon SD800. Looking for an easy to use small camera
    > that takes gorgeous photos. Any other suggestions and why?

    For $250 you can buy the Fuji F30. You also get a $50 rebate. I bought
    the F30 instead of the Canon SD800 which I considered. I'm happy with the
    Fuji. The only negative is having to buy Xd cards since I already had
    several 1 gig SD cards. Even with adding the price of the Xd cards, it's
    still a lot cheaper than the SD800. It takes excellent pictures and in low
    light too, since at ISO 800 there is no noise. I doubt you can go higher
    than ISO 400 with the SD800, unless you like artifacts in your photos.
    Jack, Dec 25, 2006

  3. The SD800 IS is a good choice. For me, the most important features are
    the true optical image stabilizer, the wide angle lens, the HI ISO
    setting and both SD and SDHC card compatibility. The IS allows me to
    get clear shots with lower ISO and longer shutter speeds. The wide
    angle lens (wider than most P&S cameras) allows me to get group shots
    in tight quarters. Though there is some noise, which I can clean up
    with Noise Ninja, I get usable indoor shots with no flash using HI ISO.
    I recently bought an 8GB SDHC card for my Panasonic DMC-L1, I tried it
    in my SD800 IS and it showed it could take over 4000 shots or 67
    minutes of video. Normally, I use a 4GB SD card in my SD800 IS.

    Bye.

    Crunchy Doodle, Dec 25, 2006
  4. MH

    MH Guest

    What about the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX2K?

    MH, Dec 26, 2006