What to ask for these PCs?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by GraB, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. GraB

    GraB Guest

    ATX case, 300W PSU
    K6-2/550
    256Mb SDRAM
    8.4Gb HDD
    FDD
    4meg S3 Virge GX2 AGP (OR) 8meg Intel i740 AGP video card
    Yamaha soundcard
    PCI modem
    Ricoh 20 10 40 CD burner
    keyboard, mouse
    15" monitor

    OR, if above mobo doesn't go:

    ATX case, 300W PSU
    Gigabyte_7vm400m mobo with integrated graphics and 6 channel sound
    Duron 1600 or similar
    256Mb DDR RAM
    8.4Gb HDD
    FDD
    PCI modem
    Ricoh 20 10 40 CD burner
    keyboard, mouse
    15" monitor

    Cobbling a PC together out of existing parts mainly for web browsing.

    GraB, Feb 6, 2004

  2. GraB

    GraB Guest

    Re: What to ask for these PCs? No-one got any ideas?

    This is unusual. There are usually some ready to give their 10c
    worth. Is Woger ill?

    GraB, Feb 7, 2004

  3. GraB

    L33T Guest

    Re: What to ask for these PCs? No-one got any ideas?

    lol. perhaps no more than usual.

    L33T, Feb 7, 2004
  4. GraB

    Lebowski Guest

    "L33T" <> wrote in message
    > lol. perhaps no more than usual.
    >
    > > This is unusual. There are usually some ready to give their 10c
    > > worth. Is Woger ill?

    Your choice of chip manufacturer is not endorsed by Big Corporations. Throw
    them in the skip, or pass them off to some unsuspecting grandma!

    Lebowski, Feb 7, 2004
  5. GraB

    GraB Guest

    Re: What to ask for these PCs? No-one got any ideas?

    On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 11:51:00 +1300, "Lebowski"
    <> wrote:

    >"L33T" <> wrote in message
    >> lol. perhaps no more than usual.
    >>
    >> > This is unusual. There are usually some ready to give their 10c
    >> > worth. Is Woger ill?

    >Your choice of chip manufacturer is not endorsed by Big Corporations. Throw
    >them in the skip, or pass them off to some unsuspecting grandma!

    That is what I was going to do, so how much are they worth?

    GraB, Feb 8, 2004
  6. GraB

    ~misfit~ Guest

    GraB wrote:

    Off the top of my head:

    > ATX case, 300W PSU
    > K6-2/550
    > 256Mb SDRAM
    > 8.4Gb HDD
    > FDD
    > 4meg S3 Virge GX2 AGP (OR) 8meg Intel i740 AGP video card
    > Yamaha soundcard
    > PCI modem
    > Ricoh 20 10 40 CD burner
    > keyboard, mouse
    > 15" monitor

    $350

    > OR, if above mobo doesn't go:
    >
    > ATX case, 300W PSU
    > Gigabyte_7vm400m mobo with integrated graphics and 6 channel sound
    > Duron 1600 or similar
    > 256Mb DDR RAM
    > 8.4Gb HDD
    > FDD
    > PCI modem
    > Ricoh 20 10 40 CD burner
    > keyboard, mouse
    > 15" monitor

    $500
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Feb 8, 2004
  7. Re: What to ask for these PCs? No-one got any ideas?

    GraB wrote:
    > This is unusual. There are usually some ready to give their 10c
    > worth. Is Woger ill?

    ~$400 for the first one, ~$550 for the second...

    It depends on where you sell them of course
    Trademe will mean you get more(seems to be a lower level knowledge there).
    Usenet will beat you down until it aint worth selling.

    --
    Http://www.Dave.net.nz
    Play Hangman

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Feb 8, 2004
  8. GraB

    ~misfit~ Guest

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > GraB wrote:
    >> This is unusual. There are usually some ready to give their 10c
    >> worth. Is Woger ill?

    > ~$400 for the first one, ~$550 for the second...

    Hmm, $50 more per PC than I thought. I would have agreed with you until
    those $999 specials started to appear with 17" monitors, warranties and far
    bigger HDDs.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Feb 8, 2004
  9. GraB

    GraB Guest

    Re: What to ask for these PCs? No-one got any ideas?

    On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 16:16:39 +1300, "T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz"
    <> wrote:

    >GraB wrote:
    >> This is unusual. There are usually some ready to give their 10c
    >> worth. Is Woger ill?

    >~$400 for the first one, ~$550 for the second...

    A friend of mine who deals in second-hand PCs was around today and he
    thought $400 for the first one too. As it happens is a goer. I have
    a buyer in mine and would give support when needed, a sort of
    warranty.

    Thanks to those who opined.

    GraB, Feb 8, 2004
  10. Re: What to ask for these PCs? No-one got any ideas?

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Hmm, $50 more per PC than I thought. I would have agreed with you until
    > those $999 specials started to appear with 17" monitors, warranties and far
    > bigger HDDs.

    yeah I noticed that myself from your replies... but Im usually overly
    generous with things like this.

    --
    Http://www.Dave.net.nz
    Play Hangman