What the hell is this - what's the difference between negative & positive

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Uncle Tom, Jun 15, 2004.

  1. Uncle Tom

    Uncle Tom Guest

    You are currently exceeding your Yahoo! Mail storage quota by a very
    large amount. You are only allowed -2048.0MB of storage but you are
    currently using 0.0MB of storage. Your account has been temporarily
    disabled from receiving new messages.

    The easiest action to take is to delete some of your email. You may want
    to start with older email, or email with large attachments. Please
    remember, however, that once you delete a message, it is gone forever.

    To delete email, simply go to the BT Yahoo! Mail website, sign in to
    your account, check the messages you want to delete, and click the
    "Delete" button at the top or bottom of the page. Then, be sure to empty
    your Trash folder by clicking on "Empty" next to your Trash folder on
    the left side of your Mail inbox or home page

    We recommend that you keep at least 1 MB of free space in your BT Yahoo!
    Mail account to make sure you can receive incoming email. You can view
    the amount of storage space you are using by reading the storage meter
    on the right side of any Mail page.

    If you use a POP3 client to read your mail, you may want to configure it
    to "Delete messages from the server" when retrieving your BT Yahoo!
    Mail. Check the help files for your POP3 client if you need assistance
    in setting this up.

    Sincerely,
    The BT Yahoo! Mail Team

    ---

    Uncle Tom, Jun 15, 2004

  2. Uncle Tom

    bisto Guest

    On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 20:09:44 +0000 (UTC), "Uncle Tom"
    <> wrote:

    >You are currently exceeding your Yahoo! Mail storage quota by a very
    >large amount. You are only allowed -2048.0MB of storage but you are
    >currently using 0.0MB of storage. Your account has been temporarily
    >disabled from receiving new messages.
    >
    >The easiest action to take is to delete some of your email. You may want
    >to start with older email, or email with large attachments. Please
    >remember, however, that once you delete a message, it is gone forever.
    >
    >To delete email, simply go to the BT Yahoo! Mail website, sign in to
    >your account, check the messages you want to delete, and click the
    >"Delete" button at the top or bottom of the page. Then, be sure to empty
    >your Trash folder by clicking on "Empty" next to your Trash folder on
    >the left side of your Mail inbox or home page
    >
    >We recommend that you keep at least 1 MB of free space in your BT Yahoo!
    >Mail account to make sure you can receive incoming email. You can view
    >the amount of storage space you are using by reading the storage meter
    >on the right side of any Mail page.
    >
    >If you use a POP3 client to read your mail, you may want to configure it
    >to "Delete messages from the server" when retrieving your BT Yahoo!
    >Mail. Check the help files for your POP3 client if you need assistance
    >in setting this up.
    >

    >Sincerely,
    >The BT Yahoo! Mail Team
    >

    >---

    There's a follow up email explaining that this was set in error.

    bisto, Jun 15, 2004

  3. Uncle Tom

    Uncle Tom Guest

    "set" or "sent" in error