What the hell is this file

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Collector»NZ, Dec 5, 2004.

  1. Peter said the following on 6/12/2004 7:08 p.m.:
    > I have fopund a huge file on my computer its in C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\.
    >
    > its 2,600 KB. And is described as a MC Access Record-Locking Information.
    > Its name Ann is the same name as the user..
    >
    > What is this thing?

    Dont be lazy do a google search on the file extension
    Collector»NZ, Dec 5, 2004

  2. On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 22:08:51 -0800, "Peter" <> wrote:

    >I have fopund a huge file on my computer its in C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\.
    >
    >its 2,600 KB. And is described as a MC Access Record-Locking Information.
    >Its name Ann is the same name as the user..
    >
    >What is this thing?

    That is a small file..
    Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 5, 2004

  3. Collector»NZ

    David Guest

    Peter wrote:
    > I have fopund a huge file on my computer its in C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\.
    >
    > its 2,600 KB. And is described as a MC Access Record-Locking Information.
    > Its name Ann is the same name as the user..
    >
    > What is this thing?

    Details please, what version of windows, what is the file's extension,
    what happens if you delete it etc.
    David, Dec 5, 2004
  4. Collector»NZ

    Thor Guest

    Peter wrote:

    > I have fopund a huge file on my computer its in C:\WINDOWS\Internet
    > Logs\.
    >
    > its 2,600 KB. And is described as a MC Access Record-Locking
    > Information. Its name Ann is the same name as the user..
    >
    > What is this thing?

    What the heck size HD do you have when a 2.6M file is considered huge,
    It would only take up two floppies.
    Try using that funny thig called a search engine ..
    Thor, Dec 5, 2004
  5. Collector»NZ

    steve Guest

    Peter wrote:

    > XP and its actaully an MS Access Record-Locking Information file.. And I
    > ithnk I should have googled first..Sorry!

    You still have not given the NAME of the file.

    Do you know how to change the view so that you can see the full name of the
    file?

    --
    Distributed Computing Projects:
    SETI at Home
    steve, Dec 5, 2004
  6. Peter said the following on 6/12/2004 8:06 p.m.:
    > XP and its actaully an MS Access Record-Locking Information file.. And I
    > ithnk I should have googled first..Sorry!
    >

    > "David" <> wrote in
    > message news:lPAsd.22220$...
    >
    >>Peter wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have fopund a huge file on my computer its in C:\WINDOWS\Internet
    >>>Logs\.
    >>>
    >>>its 2,600 KB. And is described as a MC Access Record-Locking Information.
    >>>Its name Ann is the same name as the user..
    >>>
    >>>What is this thing?

    >>Details please, what version of windows, what is the file's extension,
    >>what happens if you delete it etc.

    Is it a (dot)ldb file per chance. Is it locked against being opened. If
    not look at it with a text editor and see if you get any clues.
    (dot) ldb does not automatically mean it is actually an Access record
    lock file as some other application may also use that extension.
    Where in the file structure is it located.
    Collector»NZ, Dec 5, 2004
  7. Collector»NZ

    E. Guest

    Peter wrote:

    > I have fopund a huge file on my computer its in C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\.
    >
    > its 2,600 KB. And is described as a MC Access Record-Locking Information.
    > Its name Ann is the same name as the user..
    >
    > What is this thing?

    It's part of Zonealarm firewalls logging.
    E.
    E., Dec 5, 2004
  8. In article <> in nz.comp on Sun, 05 Dec
    2004 22:19:42 +1300, Collector»NZ <> says...
    > Peter said the following on 6/12/2004 7:08 p.m.:
    > > I have fopund a huge file on my computer its in C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\.
    > >
    > > its 2,600 KB. And is described as a MC Access Record-Locking Information.
    > > Its name Ann is the same name as the user..
    > >
    > > What is this thing?
    > >

    > Dont be lazy do a google search on the file extension

    LDB is a Microsoft Access record locking file. However I would guess the
    file was generated by ZoneAlarm.
    Patrick Dunford, Dec 5, 2004
  9. In article <> in nz.comp on Sun, 5 Dec 2004
    22:08:51 -0800, Peter <> says...
    > I have fopund a huge file on my computer its in C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\.
    >
    > its 2,600 KB. And is described as a MC Access Record-Locking Information.
    > Its name Ann is the same name as the user..
    >
    > What is this thing?

    It appears these files are generated by ZoneAlarm. You may be running a
    LAN and ZA has generated a file of that name to record access attempts
    from other computers in the LAN.
    Patrick Dunford, Dec 5, 2004
  10. Collector»NZ

    Enkidu Guest

    On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 23:06:12 -0800, "Peter" <> wrote:

    >XP and its actaully an MS Access Record-Locking Information file.. And I
    >ithnk I should have googled first..Sorry!
    >

    >"David" <> wrote in
    >message news:lPAsd.22220$...
    >> Peter wrote:
    >>> I have fopund a huge file on my computer its in C:\WINDOWS\Internet
    >>> Logs\.
    >>>
    >>> its 2,600 KB. And is described as a MC Access Record-Locking Information.
    >>> Its name Ann is the same name as the user..
    >>>
    >>> What is this thing?

    >> Details please, what version of windows, what is the file's extension,
    >> what happens if you delete it etc.

    If it is HUGE it is not a standard Access Locking file. They are
    usually tiny.

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    --

    These twin-CPU hyperthreading computers are really
    great! We can wait ten to a hundred times faster

    Peter, Dec 6, 2004
  12. Collector»NZ

    Peter Guest

    Peter, Dec 6, 2004
  13. Collector»NZ

    Peter Guest

    It is a small file if its a data file as opposed to a picture or Audio or
    Video file...horses for courses..

    Peter, Dec 6, 2004
  14. Hi there,

    Thor wrote:
    > Peter wrote:
    >

    >>I have fopund a huge file on my computer its in C:\WINDOWS\Internet
    >>Logs\.
    >>
    >>its 2,600 KB. And is described as a MC Access Record-Locking
    >>Information. Its name Ann is the same name as the user..
    >>
    >>What is this thing?

    > What the heck size HD do you have when a 2.6M file is considered huge,
    > It would only take up two floppies.

    A 2.6M text file would be annoyingly large, especially if you were
    required to read the whole thing...

    Since we're on the subject of large files, who has the biggest?
    Mine is a disk image of a 1.2GB IDE disk from an Atari I own. The
    image is used to boot an Atari emulator I run under Linux...

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Dec 7, 2004
  15. Chris Wilkinson wrote:
    > Since we're on the subject of large files, who has the biggest?
    > Mine is a disk image of a 1.2GB IDE disk from an Atari I own. The
    > image is used to boot an Atari emulator I run under Linux...

    I have an 38GB Ghost image of my old PC sitting on my new one.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 7, 2004
  16. Hi there,

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Chris Wilkinson wrote:
    >
    >> Since we're on the subject of large files, who has the biggest?
    >> Mine is a disk image of a 1.2GB IDE disk from an Atari I own. The
    >> image is used to boot an Atari emulator I run under Linux...

    > I have an 38GB Ghost image of my old PC sitting on my new one.

    You win...unless you have to copy it to somewhere! :)

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Dec 8, 2004
  17. Chris Wilkinson wrote:
    >>> Since we're on the subject of large files, who has the biggest?
    >>> Mine is a disk image of a 1.2GB IDE disk from an Atari I own. The
    >>> image is used to boot an Atari emulator I run under Linux...

    >> I have an 38GB Ghost image of my old PC sitting on my new one.

    > You win...unless you have to copy it to somewhere! :)

    Gbit ethernet here... makes it not too painful.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 8, 2004
  18. Hi there,

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    >>> I have an 38GB Ghost image of my old PC sitting on my new one.

    >> You win...unless you have to copy it to somewhere! :)

    > Gbit ethernet here... makes it not too painful.

    Nice! I'm guessing Gbit LAN can swill around 40-50MB/sec? My
    hard disk can do better than that...just! :)

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Dec 10, 2004
  19. Chris Wilkinson wrote:

    >>> You win...unless you have to copy it to somewhere! :)

    >> Gbit ethernet here... makes it not too painful.

    > Nice! I'm guessing Gbit LAN can swill around 40-50MB/sec? My
    > hard disk can do better than that...just! :)

    yeah it tops out at about that for the desktop, but not on any of the
    servers... although fibre channel always tends to out perform (P)ATA.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 10, 2004
  20. Collector»NZ

    macca Guest

    On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 08:16:56 +1300, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <> wrote:

    biggest?

    I own. The

    Linux...

    > >> I have an 38GB Ghost image of my old PC sitting on my

    new one.

    > > You win...unless you have to copy it to somewhere! :)

    > Gbit ethernet here... makes it not too painful.

    Yummy.!!sigh...
    macca, Dec 13, 2004