What tells what to look where ?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Tx2, Jan 13, 2005.

  1. Tx2

    Tx2 Guest

    What tells Thunderbird to look to a particular folder for prefs.js etc?

    I can see where it gets the info to look for profiles via the
    profiles.ini file in application data, i.e.

    [General]
    StartWithLastProfile=0

    [Profile0]
    Name=Default
    IsRelative=0
    Path=C:\Documents and Settings\***\My Documents\CPCS\TBird Profile
    \Profiles\7gy53msj.default
    Default=0

    But within the folder Tbird Profile, I have my prefs.js etc

    How does Thunderbird know to 'start' in the "Tbird Profile" folder?
    Is there another .ini file somewhere that gives the path?

    Tx2, Jan 13, 2005