what srt of connector is that?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 2, 2005.

  1. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 2, 2005

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Rider Guest

    > http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=21536
    > in the top pic, between the KB/mouse ps2 ports, and the onboard
    > video/serial, what on earth is that connector?

    I ws thinking DVI connector. Hard to tell from pick and enlarging it doesnt
    help. But it 'appears' white and its next to the integrated video port.

    Rider

    Rider, Mar 2, 2005

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Barry Guest

    Rider wrote:
    >>http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=21536
    >>in the top pic, between the KB/mouse ps2 ports, and the onboard
    >>video/serial, what on earth is that connector?

    > I ws thinking DVI connector. Hard to tell from pick and enlarging it doesnt
    > help. But it 'appears' white and its next to the integrated video port.

    heh, when I posted the link, it was a 1024x768 image... they've shrunk it.

    It had two rows of pins, like a serial port, only it is smaller...

    I guess seeing as it is a pre production board it may be something for
    testing.

    Barry, Mar 2, 2005
  4. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Barry Guest

    Barry wrote:
    >>> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=21536
    >>> in the top pic, between the KB/mouse ps2 ports, and the onboard
    >>> video/serial, what on earth is that connector?

    >> I ws thinking DVI connector. Hard to tell from pick and enlarging it
    >> doesnt help. But it 'appears' white and its next to the integrated
    >> video port.

    > heh, when I posted the link, it was a 1024x768 image... they've shrunk it.
    > It had two rows of pins, like a serial port, only it is smaller...

    > I guess seeing as it is a pre production board it may be something for
    > testing.

    here it is.
    http://www.theinquirer.net/images/articles/Yonah_demo_IDF.JPG

    Dave.net.nz
    damn, looks like mozilla has picked up my other profile, thats weird.

    Barry, Mar 2, 2005
  5. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Rider Guest

    "Barry" <> wrote in message

    >>> I ws thinking DVI connector. Hard to tell from pick and enlarging it
    >>> doesnt help. But it 'appears' white and its next to the integrated video
    >>> port.

    >> heh, when I posted the link, it was a 1024x768 image... they've shrunk
    >> it.
    >> It had two rows of pins, like a serial port, only it is smaller...

    >> I guess seeing as it is a pre production board it may be something for
    >> testing.

    > here it is.
    > http://www.theinquirer.net/images/articles/Yonah_demo_IDF.JPG
    >
    > Dave.net.nz
    > damn, looks like mozilla has picked up my other profile, thats weird.

    Ok ... with that pic, it definately isn't a DVi port. Interesting clips it
    has on it.

    Rider, Mar 2, 2005
  6. In article <I2pVd.6056$>, "Rider" <> wrote:

    >"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in message
    >> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=21536
    >> in the top pic, between the KB/mouse ps2 ports, and the onboard
    >> video/serial, what on earth is that connector?

    >I ws thinking DVI connector. Hard to tell from pick and enlarging it doesnt
    >help. But it 'appears' white and its next to the integrated video port.

    Definitely not DVI. Much too small.
    I'd go with the suggestion that it's something specific to the board's
    status as a development model.

    --
    Matthew Poole Auckland, New Zealand
    "Veni, vidi, velcro...

    My real e-mail is mattATp00leDOTnet

    Matthew Poole, Mar 2, 2005
  7. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Mike_P Guest

    "Barry" <> wrote in message

    >>> I ws thinking DVI connector. Hard to tell from pick and enlarging it
    >>> doesnt help. But it 'appears' white and its next to the integrated video
    >>> port.

    >> heh, when I posted the link, it was a 1024x768 image... they've shrunk
    >> it.
    >> It had two rows of pins, like a serial port, only it is smaller...

    >> I guess seeing as it is a pre production board it may be something for
    >> testing.

    > here it is.
    > http://www.theinquirer.net/images/articles/Yonah_demo_IDF.JPG
    >
    > Dave.net.nz
    > damn, looks like mozilla has picked up my other profile, thats weird.

    Interesting hand signal at top of pic :)

    Mike_P, Mar 3, 2005
  8. Mike_P wrote:

    >>>heh, when I posted the link, it was a 1024x768 image... they've shrunk
    >>>it.
    >>>It had two rows of pins, like a serial port, only it is smaller...

    >>here it is.
    >>http://www.theinquirer.net/images/articles/Yonah_demo_IDF.JPG

    > Interesting hand signal at top of pic :)

    heh, hadn't noticed that.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 3, 2005