    record video. It did not say how fast though. How fast is fast? What speed
    do I need. thanks,

    jason

    Jason, Jun 3, 2004

  2. Yes, it does need to be fast. Unfortunately, there is no good criteria for
    Compact Flash Card speed. I bought a PQI 256MB CF card for my S1 IS that had
    specifications that seemed more than fast enough. It wasn't. Then, on a
    whim, I bought a PQI 512MB CF card that was not rated with any particular
    speed . . . . well, you know it worked like a charm.

    When I say work, I mean it will record 640f @ 30FPS video continuously
    without buffer overflow. Any CF card will record still images in the S1 IS.

    From my research it seems that most 512MB and 1GB CF cards will work
    properly, while smaller CF cards are kind of iffy.

    So, getting a SanDisk Ultra II 40X, or whatever, will likely work. It's
    finding the least expensive that still works - that's the trick.

    For some insight, read up on this at:

    http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1010&message=8907874

    Bye.

    David Sommers, Jun 4, 2004