    desktop system for the transfer.

    TIA

    George
    George, Feb 12, 2004

  2. George

    Thor Guest

    Norton Ghost.

    "George" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I want to upgrade my laptop from a 30GB 4200rpm drive to a 60GB 7200rpm
    > drive (Hitachi 7K60) and would like to find a good software package that

    can
    > handle transferring EVERYTHING and won't get upset about the different
    > partition sizes. Ideally, it will move the OS, system files, hidden

    files,

    Thor, Feb 12, 2004

  3. George

    HF Guest

    Download the drive instal software from the drive mfrs website.!!!!!!
    "George" <> wrote in message
    > I want to upgrade my laptop from a 30GB 4200rpm drive to a 60GB 7200rpm
    > drive (Hitachi 7K60) and would like to find a good software package that

    can
    > handle transferring EVERYTHING and won't get upset about the different
    > partition sizes. Ideally, it will move the OS, system files, hidden

    files,
    > applications, everything...is there anything good out there for this use?
    >
    > I picked up adapters so that I can temporarily move both IDE drives into a
    > desktop system for the transfer.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > George

    ---
    HF, Feb 12, 2004
  4. George

    George Guest

    Does that still exist or was it discontinued when Symantec acquired Disk
    (Drive?) Image?

    George, Feb 12, 2004
  5. George

    Thor Guest

    yes it still exists.

    http://www.ghost.com/sabu/ghost/ghost_personal/

    Thor, Feb 12, 2004
  6. George

    Trent© Guest

    On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 21:17:43 -0500, "George" <>
    wrote:

    >I want to upgrade my laptop from a 30GB 4200rpm drive to a 60GB 7200rpm
    >drive (Hitachi 7K60) and would like to find a good software package that can
    >handle transferring EVERYTHING and won't get upset about the different
    >partition sizes. Ideally, it will move the OS, system files, hidden files,
    >applications, everything...is there anything good out there for this use?
    >
    >I picked up adapters so that I can temporarily move both IDE drives into a
    >desktop system for the transfer.
    >
    >TIA
    >
    >George

    Like Thor, George, I recommend Ghost.

    But, if you want to look at a couple of new products...and I think
    they can be used for evaluation...

    http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/

    I've often used BootItNG...but I've never used the image program. I
    just got that download...and I might try it today.

    Anyway...good luck.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Trent©, Feb 12, 2004