What should I need to hook up Laptop HDD to Desktop?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Makhdoom, Jan 3, 2009.

  1. Makhdoom

    Makhdoom Guest

    Makhdoom, Jan 3, 2009

  2. Centre Parting, Jan 3, 2009

  3. Makhdoom

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 3 Jan 2009 01:11:43 -0800 (PST), Makhdoom wrote:

    >http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/impactcomputersmiami_2031_2408229987
    >
    >that shows HDD of Acer Laptop, I need to hook up it to my COMPAQ

    That what? If one doesn't want to click on a cryptic looking link?

    If going to point to an image make it look like an image link.
    Such as,
    http://www.cooldrives.com/lib/fire-wire-1394-ilink/asdfas34534543.jpg
    or
    http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/cooldrives/ide-hard-drvie-adapter-usb2.jpg

    >Desktop, what accessories required to use it as Master/Slave Drive?

    To connect a laptop 2.5in HDD to a desktop you need the adapter,

    http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat_id=116&sku=39994
    USB to IDE and Laptop Drive Adapter
    Or, used separately, the USB 2.0 to IDE Drive Adapter turns any IDE
    drive into a convenient external drive. The Laptop Hard Drive Adapter
    easily connects your 2.5in notebook IDE hard drive to a 40-pin IDE cable
    for installation in a desktop or tower PC.

    http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Adapter-2-5IN-3-5IN-Sata/dp/B000QY9KIS
    Universal HDD Adapter USB To 2.5IN & 3.5IN Sata & Pata Hdd

    http://www.amazon.com/Kinamax-ADP-I...rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=413863501&pf_rd_i=B000QY9KIS
    or shorter
    http://preview.tinyurl.com/7pex2x
    Kinamax ADP-IDE23 Laptop 2.5-Inch to Desktop 3.5-Inch IDE Hard Drive
    Adapter Converter

    http://tekgems.com/Products/kl-usb-sata-ide-25-35.htm
    Buy the ultimate USB to SATA, IDE 2.5-in, IDE 3.5-in adapter. You don't
    need multiple adapters, when this is all that you need. This hi-speed
    USB 2.0 to Serial ATA (SATA) Drive and IDE Adapter prepares any Serial
    ATA (SATA) device (e.g. Hard Disk) or IDE device to be plugged into a
    USB 2.0 port on any Windows or Macintosh workstation. This is perfect
    for techies recovering data, moving large files to a different computer,
    or a quick way to add another hard drive to a system. The adapter
    supports all existing Serial ATA (SATA) hard drives or IDE drives. Save
    valuable time using this adapter instead of fiddling with messy
    enclosures. Order your USB to SATA/IDE adapter today!

    Me
    why?, Jan 3, 2009