    Rick Warburton

    --
    reply only through newsgroup, thank you

    Rick Warburton, Oct 27, 2003

  2. Rick Warburton

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Rick Warburton wrote:

    > a medium format negative scanner... i currently have a Visioneer
    > flatbed scanner 3+ years old. it does some terrible scans of bw
    > 8x10 prints; highlights and shadows mostly lost. i cant afford a
    > good MF neg scanner, so is there a flatbed scanner for prints under
    > $200 which will do better than the Visioneer?
    >
    > T.I.A.
    >
    > Rick Warburton

    The HP Scanjet 5500c (48-bit 2400x2400 optical resolution)
    does a pretty good job with prints, for about $200 street price.
    It also handles negatives and slides via provided adapter, but
    don't expect results comparable to a dedicated film scanner.

    http://tinyurl.com/h6bx

    Paolo Pizzi, Oct 28, 2003

  3. Hi Rick,

    Epson's are well regarded for medium-format negs/slides.

    I have an old 1200Photo, but these days best to look out thier 2400Photo;
    3200Photo; and a new one called the 3100Photo.

    Not sure about prices but make sure it has a light lid that does up to
    5x4's.

    Cheers,
    Stephen

    Stephen Leslie, Oct 29, 2003
  4. Rick Warburton

    Barry Smith Guest

    In message <ZrLnb.3523$>
    "Stephen Leslie" <> wrote:

    > Hi Rick,
    >
    > Epson's are well regarded for medium-format negs/slides.
    >
    > I have an old 1200Photo, but these days best to look out thier 2400Photo;
    > 3200Photo; and a new one called the 3100Photo.
    >
    > Not sure about prices but make sure it has a light lid that does up to
    > 5x4's.

    If it's still available I'm pretty sure the Epson 2450 does medium format.

    The 2400 only does 35mm. I know, I've recently bought one :)

    I think there's an optional adapter to make the 2400 do MF, but IMO it
    makes more sense to get the 2450 if you can.

    Barry
    --
    You will know happy motorcyclist by the insects on his teeth.

    Barry Smith, Oct 30, 2003