    say............ the firewall has blocked Internet access to your computer
    (NetBIOS Session) from 192.168.0.3 (TCP Port 3183) [TCP Flags:S]. Help
    please!

    Jack, Nov 10, 2004

  2. Jack

    Conor Guest

    In article <nmdkd.318910$wV.247565@attbi_s54>, Jack says...
    > What is netbios and should I allow it access to my computer ? I have been
    > hammer today by it trying to access my pc.(over 30 times) Alert
    > say............ the firewall has blocked Internet access to your computer
    > (NetBIOS Session) from 192.168.0.3 (TCP Port 3183) [TCP Flags:S]. Help
    > please!

    Its a way Windows uses of communicating over a LAN.

    http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/0,,sid9_gci212633,00.html
    --
    Conor

    Opinions personal, facts suspect.

    Conor, Nov 10, 2004

  3. Jack

    zulfy Guest

    Is your computer linked to another computer (locally)? If so then maybe it
    is trying to check your computer is active. If not then you might be able
    to deactivate all protocols (except TCP) in network controls.

    zulfy, Nov 10, 2004