What routers are good?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by =?iso-8859-1?B?pqamU0hBRDBXpqam?=, Jul 16, 2006.

  1. I need to network 3 computers using Ethernet wires. What would be recommended? Thanks!

    =?iso-8859-1?B?pqamU0hBRDBXpqam?=, Jul 16, 2006

  2. =?iso-8859-1?B?pqamU0hBRDBXpqam?=

    Duane Arnold Guest

    ¦¦¦SHAD0W¦¦¦ wrote:
    > I need to network 3 computers using Ethernet wires. What would be
    > recommended? Thanks!

    Anyone that's a packet filtering FW router that can stop inbound or
    outbound traffic by setting rules to do it by port, protocol or IP and
    has logging that you can use something like Walllwatcher with it.

    One that meets the specs for *What does a FW do*?

    http://www.vicomsoft.com/knowledge/reference/firewalls1.html

    One that is ICSA certified, which automatically meets the specs in the
    link above.

    Netgear makes a router that's ICSA certified and there are others too.

    http://www.sonic.net/wallwatcher/

    Duane Arnold, Jul 16, 2006

  3. =?iso-8859-1?B?pqamU0hBRDBXpqam?=

    Guest

    ¦¦¦SHAD0W¦¦¦ wrote:

    > Re: What routers are good?

    zucchini put down more than an inch of root per day

    NT

    , Jul 17, 2006
  4. =?iso-8859-1?B?pqamU0hBRDBXpqam?=

    StinkyPlant Guest

    ¦¦¦SHAD0W¦¦¦ wrote:
    > I need to network 3 computers using Ethernet wires. What would be
    > recommended? Thanks!

    I like Buffalo or Linksys (wrt54gs) Its wireless as well, but you never
    know what you might need in the future.

    StinkyPlant, Jul 19, 2006