    Does anyone know of a retailer in SouthEast Michigan that has one????

    Thanks!
    Kurt
    Kurt, Oct 6, 2003

  2. Kurt

    Markyt Guest

    I was in the Camera Mart in Pontiac (corner of M-59 and Telegraph) on
    Saturday and they had some there. I purchased mine from
    www.bestpriceaudiovideo.com on the web last week, the over-night shipping
    for camera and EF 28-135 lense was about 1/2 the cost of Michigan's 6% sales
    tax.

    Mark

    Markyt, Oct 6, 2003

  3. > I'm in Ann Arbor, MI and I am looking to buy a 10D by Friday. I've been
    > planning to pick one up in the near future, but circumstances dictate that
    > I only have until Friday. (A portrait shoot and failure of existing
    > equipment - I'd rather not rent at this point).

    Shooting a job with unfamiliar/untested equipment. That's always a
    good plan.
    Randall Ainsworth, Oct 6, 2003
  4. Kurt

    This Old Man Guest

    "Kurt" <> wrote in message
    > I'm in Ann Arbor, MI and I am looking to buy a 10D by Friday. I've been
    > planning to pick one up in the near future, but circumstances dictate that
    > I only have until Friday. (A portrait shoot and failure of existing
    > equipment - I'd rather not rent at this point).
    >
    > Does anyone know of a retailer in SouthEast Michigan that has one????

    CompUSA just put them on sale again but they are sold out and will not even
    take order. Talk about dumb cunts.
    This Old Man, Oct 6, 2003
  5. "Kurt" <> wrote in message news:p...
    > I'm in Ann Arbor, MI and I am looking to buy a 10D by Friday. I've been
    > planning to pick one up in the near future, but circumstances dictate that
    > I only have until Friday. (A portrait shoot and failure of existing
    > equipment - I'd rather not rent at this point).
    >
    > Does anyone know of a retailer in SouthEast Michigan that has one????
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Kurt

    Our BestBuy had quite a few the other day.

    (Start using the phone!)

    Steve
    Steve Colburn, Oct 6, 2003
  6. Steve Colburn wrote:

    > Our BestBuy had quite a few the other day.
    >
    > (Start using the phone!)

    Ten Ds????? Quite a few?????

    Gary Eickmeier
    Gary Eickmeier, Oct 7, 2003
  7. Kurt

    Kurt Guest

    On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 01:32:59 +0000, Gary Eickmeier wrote:

    > Steve Colburn wrote:
    >
    >> Our BestBuy had quite a few the other day.
    >>
    >> (Start using the phone!)

    > Ten Ds????? Quite a few?????
    >
    > Gary Eickmeier

    Well, I called my BestBuy and was told that they don't carry the 10D and
    the only way to get it through them is to use their website. Their website
    says they ship in 1-2 weeks (which means they simply order one from Canon
    for you, doesn't it?).

    Kurt
    Kurt, Oct 7, 2003
  8. "Gary Eickmeier" <> wrote in message news:%Qngb.67868$...

    > Steve Colburn wrote:
    >
    > > Our BestBuy had quite a few the other day.
    > >
    > > (Start using the phone!)

    > Ten Ds????? Quite a few?????
    >
    > Gary Eickmeier

    Yes! Anchorage, Alaska BestBuy had about 4 a few days ago. All the retailers up here stock up on the expensive stuff around
    Permanent Fund time. <g> The payout is tomorrow, so tonight will be a zoo at the stores.

    Steve
    Steve Colburn, Oct 7, 2003
  9. Kurt

    David Ellis Guest

    Hahn Graphic in Rochester NY recently shipped a 10D to me two days
    after I phoned about ordering. They're very good about finding a
    camera and promptly shipping. They keep promises, charge going street
    price and do not mark up freight. Last year I got a D60 from them
    within a few days when others were talking about a month. Ask for
    'Lew" at 585 254 5705.

    http://www.hahngraphic.com/hgraphic/

    --David

    David Ellis, Oct 7, 2003
  10. Kurt

    Kurt Guest

    Thanks! (was: What retailer actually has the 10D??)

    Thanks for all of the replies. I found one that was being held for someone
    else. Since it had been held for several weeks without a deposit, they
    decided to actually make the sale (to me). I got my Sigma 28-70 EX DF,
    too.

    I took a few test shots and find it rather simple to use. I'll test some
    'real' portraits tonight and tomorrow and should be easily be ready for
    the weekend shoot!

    Thanks again for all of the replies!!!

    Kurt

    Kurt, Oct 8, 2003