What Really Happened to the Submarine Kursk

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Gavin Tunney, Mar 18, 2006.

  1. Gavin Tunney

    Gavin Tunney Guest

    Gavin Tunney, Mar 18, 2006

  2. Gavin Tunney

    Guest

    Out of it. Best ever. Is Nerdy Gates suing?

    See all you need to know about Helen Klark and the Maoist lezzies who
    run NZ at http://bonspiel.orcon.net.nz
    , Mar 19, 2006

  3. Gavin Tunney

    Steven H Guest

    Hello Gavin,

    118 men got killed, most likely drowned slowely - and you turn it into something
    to laugh about.

    one has to ask how low will people go in order to get a laugh, should we
    start poking fun at 80 year old grandmothers who have a serial number cut
    into their forearm ?

    or should we wait untill their all dead.

    ----------------
    Steven H

    the madGeek

    Steven H, Mar 19, 2006
  4. Gavin Tunney

    Guest

    istr the russians were slow in asking for help that would have been
    timely, for fear of losing face.
    , Mar 19, 2006
  5. Gavin Tunney

    Steven H Guest

    Hello ,

    > istr the russians were slow in asking for help that would have been
    > timely, for fear of losing face.

    dude, its still a low blow.

    i would like to consider tech people like ourselvs are a bit more enlightened
    than the unclean masses and not lower ourselvs to poking fun at the (slow)
    death of others.

    ----------------
    Steven H

    the madGeek
    Steven H, Mar 19, 2006
  6. Gavin Tunney

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Steven H wrote:
    > Hello ,
    >
    >> istr the russians were slow in asking for help that would have been
    >> timely, for fear of losing face.

    > dude, its still a low blow.
    >
    > i would like to consider tech people like ourselvs are a bit more
    > enlightened than the unclean masses and not lower ourselvs to poking
    > fun at the (slow) death of others.

    Probably best that you take it up with the authors of the page in question
    then rather than someone who posted a link. ;-)
    --
    ~Shaun~
    ~misfit~, Mar 20, 2006
  7. Gavin Tunney

    Guest

    Who gives a ****, the russians slaughtered millions of their own
    people. Plus the odd atrocity like Katyn. Harden up, lezzie
    , Mar 20, 2006
  8. Gavin Tunney

    Adam Guest

    On 19 Mar 2006 18:37:40 -0800, wrote:

    >Who gives a ****, the russians slaughtered millions of their own
    >people. Plus the odd atrocity like Katyn. Harden up, lezzie

    Agreed.

    My view on humour is that it's nothing to do with the actual *content*
    of the joke - it's the *context* that makes it acceptable/funny or
    unacceptable/sick. ie. Who told it, to whom, where - and the intent.

    I once heard a 1 hour long comedy routine - all "Jewish" jokes (at a
    Jewish wedding reception) that had everyone in stitches. Any one of
    those jokes could be seen as racist or in poor taste if re-told in
    different circumstances.

    Adam.
    Adam, Mar 20, 2006
  9. Gavin Tunney

    Gavin Tunney Guest

    On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 22:10:44 +0000 (UTC), Steven H
    <> wrote:

    >Hello Gavin,
    >
    >118 men got killed, most likely drowned slowely - and you turn it into something
    >to laugh about.
    >
    >one has to ask how low will people go in order to get a laugh, should we
    >start poking fun at 80 year old grandmothers who have a serial number cut
    >into their forearm ?
    >
    >or should we wait untill their all dead.
    >
    >----------------
    >Steven H

    It's a fair comment Steven, and I did have some hesitations about
    posting it due to any perceived sensitivities. But I figured the
    context I posted this in was reasonable, I didn't see it demeaning the
    sailors who died.

    When all is said & done if we don't have a sense of humour about
    misfortune & death we'd hardly have any humour at all. You could say
    the same thing about cartoons like this, which are printed in the
    paper every day;

    Pretty insenstive to Milosevics relatives, but still morbidly humorous
    in it's own way IMO.

    I think you read too much into it, I posted a joke about Windows was
    all.

    GT
    Gavin Tunney, Mar 20, 2006
  10. Steven H wrote:
    > Hello Gavin,
    >
    > 118 men got killed, most likely drowned slowely - and you turn it into
    > something to laugh about.
    >
    > one has to ask how low will people go in order to get a laugh, should we
    > start poking fun at 80 year old grandmothers who have a serial number
    > cut into their forearm ?
    >
    > or should we wait untill their all dead.
    >
    > ----------------
    > Steven H
    >
    > the madGeek
    >
    >> It's not often you get some decent humour about Windows that's tongue
    >> in cheek, I thought this might amuse....
    >>
    >> http://www.strategypage.com/humor/articles/military_jokes_2005620.asp
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>
    >> GT

    Oh dam someone else who needs to get a life.

    Shit I bet you even support the outrage against the recent news about Islamic
    prophet cartoons.

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*
    Collector»NZ, Mar 20, 2006
  11. Gavin Tunney

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Gavin Tunney wrote:
    > On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 22:10:44 +0000 (UTC), Steven H
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hello Gavin,
    >>
    >> 118 men got killed, most likely drowned slowely - and you turn it
    >> into something to laugh about.
    >>
    >> one has to ask how low will people go in order to get a laugh,
    >> should we
    >> start poking fun at 80 year old grandmothers who have a serial
    >> number cut
    >> into their forearm ?
    >>
    >> or should we wait untill their all dead.
    >>
    >> ----------------
    >> Steven H

    > It's a fair comment Steven, and I did have some hesitations about
    > posting it due to any perceived sensitivities. But I figured the
    > context I posted this in was reasonable, I didn't see it demeaning the
    > sailors who died.
    >
    > When all is said & done if we don't have a sense of humour about
    > misfortune & death we'd hardly have any humour at all. You could say
    > the same thing about cartoons like this, which are printed in the
    > paper every day;
    >
    > http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3609245a1863,00.html
    >
    > Pretty insenstive to Milosevics relatives, but still morbidly humorous
    > in it's own way IMO.
    >
    > I think you read too much into it, I posted a joke about Windows was
    > all.

    After that Space Shuttle exploded, the one with the female schoolteacher on
    it, there was a joke going around that went:

    Q) What colour eyes did <she> have?

    A) Blue, one blew that way and one blew the other way.

    <Shrug>, you gotta have a sense of humour.
    --
    ~Shaun~
    ~misfit~, Mar 20, 2006
  12. Gavin Tunney

    Peter Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > After that Space Shuttle exploded, the one with the female schoolteacher
    > on it, there was a joke going around that went:
    > Q) What colour eyes did <she> have?
    > A) Blue, one blew that way and one blew the other way.
    > <Shrug>, you gotta have a sense of humour.

    it didn't explode ...
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11031097/

    "It didn't explode, the crew didn't die instantly and it wasn't inevitable."

    But you're right - if you take PC too far, all humour would be forbidden.

    Peter
    Peter, Mar 20, 2006
  13. In article <>, says...
    > Oh dam someone else who needs to get a life.
    >
    > Shit I bet you even support the outrage against the recent news about Islamic
    > prophet cartoons.

    And we had better start pulling Grimm's Fairy Tales out of libraries and
    burning them in the town square, because they contain cruelty by humans to
    animals, and by animals to humans, not to mention cruelty by animals to animals
    (to wit, what the mother goat did to the wolf -- the spca would faint).

    It is disgusting.

    How could anybody expose their little children to "Red Riding Hood", and what
    about that horrible stereotyping of stepmothers in "Cinderella" and "Snow
    White".

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Mar 20, 2006
  14. Gavin Tunney

    Guest

    And the Wicked Witch Helen who runs NZ like a Korean sex shop - the
    only product on sale is diesel-powered dildos, and every citizen must
    own one.

    See all you need to know about Helen Klark and the Maoist feminazis who
    run NZ at http://bonspiel.orcon.net.nz
    , Mar 20, 2006

  16. Gavin Tunney

    Guest

    No, like any normal Kiwi country boy, sheep.
    , Mar 20, 2006
  17. wrote:

    > And the Wicked Witch Helen who runs NZ like a North Korean sex shop -
    > the only product on sale is diesel-powered dildos, and every citizen
    > must own one.

    You seem to be an expert on dildos,I bet you have fun with
    the boys.
    grumpy
    grumpyoldhori, Mar 20, 2006
  18. Gavin Tunney

    Gavin Tunney Guest

    On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 21:19:12 +1200, "~misfit~"
    <> wrote:

    >> I think you read too much into it, I posted a joke about Windows was
    >> all.

    >After that Space Shuttle exploded, the one with the female schoolteacher on
    >it, there was a joke going around that went:
    >
    >Q) What colour eyes did <she> have?
    >
    >A) Blue, one blew that way and one blew the other way.
    >
    ><Shrug>, you gotta have a sense of humour.
    >--
    >~Shaun~

    Been thinking about this & have to agree, you do have to laugh at
    life's misfortunes IMO... even your own

    I can remember once I was parked on the dunny in Darjeeling, was just
    recovering from a bout of dysentery & still got the shits
    occasionally. Usually the bogs over there were the starter block type
    where you had to squat for a crap, they take a while to get used to
    the first time I tried it & plopped one straight into my shorts.
    Anyway this one was the standard type fortunately so there I was
    sitting down contemplating the wonders of life when lunch decided to
    make an appearance, the waiter had seemed a bit shitty at the tip I
    gave him so he probably pissed in my tea. Quick as a flash I was off
    the seat & barfing in the bowl & just as quick I crapped on the floor.

    Dysentery isn't funny, believe me, but hell you're right you gotta
    laugh.

    GT
    Gavin Tunney, Mar 22, 2006
  19. Gavin Tunney

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Gavin Tunney wrote:
    > On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 21:19:12 +1200, "~misfit~"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>> I think you read too much into it, I posted a joke about Windows was
    >>> all.

    >> After that Space Shuttle exploded, the one with the female
    >> schoolteacher on it, there was a joke going around that went:
    >>
    >> Q) What colour eyes did <she> have?
    >>
    >> A) Blue, one blew that way and one blew the other way.
    >>
    >> <Shrug>, you gotta have a sense of humour.
    >> --
    >> ~Shaun~
    >>

    > Been thinking about this & have to agree, you do have to laugh at
    > life's misfortunes IMO... even your own

    I agree, schadenfreude is an unavoidable part of the human condition. Even
    applying to one's self.

    > I can remember once I was parked on the dunny in Darjeeling, was just
    > recovering from a bout of dysentery & still got the shits
    > occasionally. Usually the bogs over there were the starter block type
    > where you had to squat for a crap, they take a while to get used to
    > the first time I tried it & plopped one straight into my shorts.
    > Anyway this one was the standard type fortunately so there I was
    > sitting down contemplating the wonders of life when lunch decided to
    > make an appearance, the waiter had seemed a bit shitty at the tip I
    > gave him so he probably pissed in my tea. Quick as a flash I was off
    > the seat & barfing in the bowl & just as quick I crapped on the floor.

    LOL.

    > Dysentery isn't funny, believe me, but hell you're right you gotta
    > laugh.

    Indeed, the alternatives aren't nearly as enjoyable.

    Cheers,
    --
    ~Shaun~
    ~misfit~, Mar 22, 2006
  20. On a pleasant day while strolling in nz.comp, a person by the name of
    Gavin Tunney exclaimed:
    > It's not often you get some decent humour about Windows that's tongue
    > in cheek, I thought this might amuse....
    >
    > http://www.strategypage.com/humor/articles/military_jokes_2005620.asp

    Not that funny, especially since they have the Russians using communist
    phrases... but Kursk sank in 2000 almost 10 years after the USSR
    collapsed.
    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and