  1. lbbss

    lbbss Guest

    tx

    lbbss, Feb 2, 2008

  2. lbbss

    Neil Ellwood Guest

    On Sat, 02 Feb 2008 07:16:40 -0800, lbbss wrote:

    > tx

    Rawstudio
    UFRaw
    cdraw
    Rawphoto

    Just a few.

    --
    Neil
    reverse ra and delete l

    Neil Ellwood, Feb 2, 2008

  3. lbbss

    John Bean Guest

    On Sat, 02 Feb 2008 09:21:08 -0600, Neil Ellwood
    <> wrote:

    >cdraw

    ?

    Why is dyslexia such a hard word to spell? ;-;

    >Just a few.

    Indeed. My most used viewer is the excellent Faststone, but
    there are lots of good ones out there.

    --
    John Bean

    John Bean, Feb 2, 2008
  4. lbbss

    Rudy Benner Guest

    "lbbss" <> wrote in message
    > tx

    Irfanview. Great deal. Does lots of stuff.

    Rudy Benner, Feb 2, 2008
  5. lbbss

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sat, 02 Feb 2008 15:31:38 +0000, John Bean <>
    wrote:

    >Indeed. My most used viewer is the excellent Faststone, but
    >there are lots of good ones out there.

    FastStone is also my viewer of choice. It views, renumbers, converts
    format, and has other features. Free.

    --

    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Feb 2, 2008
  6. tony cooper wrote:
    > On Sat, 02 Feb 2008 15:31:38 +0000, John Bean <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Indeed. My most used viewer is the excellent Faststone, but
    >> there are lots of good ones out there.

    > FastStone is also my viewer of choice. It views, renumbers, converts
    > format, and has other features. Free.

    Another free one is Raw Therapee

    http://www.rawtherapee.com/

    David

    David J Taylor, Feb 2, 2008
  7. lbbss

    ray Guest

    On Sat, 02 Feb 2008 07:16:40 -0800, lbbss wrote:

    > tx

    ufraw - not "freeware", but Open Source.

    ray, Feb 2, 2008
  8. lbbss

    John Bean Guest

    On 2 Feb 2008 20:08:30 GMT, ray <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 02 Feb 2008 07:16:40 -0800, lbbss wrote:
    >
    >> tx

    >ufraw - not "freeware", but Open Source.

    Pedantry. "Freeware" is generally used to mean any software
    legally available without cost to the end user. When someone
    asks about "freeware" they are not generally concerned about
    the niceties of the licence so long as it costs them nothing
    to install and use.

    I couldn't care less whether the "freeware" I use is "Open
    Source" so long as it does what it says on the tin.

    --
    John Bean

    John Bean, Feb 2, 2008
  9. John Bean <> wrote:
    >On 2 Feb 2008 20:08:30 GMT, ray <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 02 Feb 2008 07:16:40 -0800, lbbss wrote:
    >>
    >>> tx

    >>ufraw - not "freeware", but Open Source.

    >Pedantry. "Freeware" is generally used to mean any software
    >legally available without cost to the end user. When someone
    >asks about "freeware" they are not generally concerned about
    >the niceties of the licence so long as it costs them nothing
    >to install and use.
    >
    >I couldn't care less whether the "freeware" I use is "Open
    >Source" so long as it does what it says on the tin.

    Open Source is significantly distinct from "Freeware".

    Freeware -- The cost to use it is zero, but you do *not*
    have a license to use the source code.

    Open Source -- The cost to use it may or may not be zero,
    but you have a license to use, modify
    and/or redistribute the source code.

    It may or may not make any difference to *you*, but the
    distinction is vastly important to many, if not to most,
    users.

    Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)

    Floyd L. Davidson, Feb 2, 2008
  10. lbbss

    John Bean Guest

    On Sat, 02 Feb 2008 12:48:46 -0900, (Floyd
    L. Davidson) wrote:

    >John Bean <> wrote:

    >>>ufraw - not "freeware", but Open Source.

    >>Pedantry. "Freeware" is generally used to mean any software
    >>legally available without cost to the end user. When someone
    >>asks about "freeware" they are not generally concerned about
    >>the niceties of the licence so long as it costs them nothing
    >>to install and use.
    >>
    >>I couldn't care less whether the "freeware" I use is "Open
    >>Source" so long as it does what it says on the tin.

    >Open Source is significantly distinct from "Freeware".
    >
    >Freeware -- The cost to use it is zero, but you do *not*
    > have a license to use the source code.

    Read what I wrote - I don't give a stuff about the source
    code licensing, I'm interested in the final product not the
    nuts and bolts to make it.

    >Open Source -- The cost to use it may or may not be zero,
    > but you have a license to use, modify
    > and/or redistribute the source code.

    Lecture me no lectures about licences I neither need nor
    desire. The OP here asked about free (to him) software, he
    didn't mention "Open Source" - only you did that.

    >It may or may not make any difference to *you*

    [snip]

    Nor to the OP I imagine. Go mount your "Open Source" soapbox
    somewhere else please, it's not relevant to the OP's
    question in this case.

    --
    John Bean

    John Bean, Feb 2, 2008
  11. lbbss

    John Bean Guest

    On Sat, 02 Feb 2008 22:28:03 +0000, John Bean
    <> wrote:
    >The OP here asked about free (to him) software, he
    >didn't mention "Open Source" - only you did that.

    No you didn't, someone else did. But my point remains - Open
    Source isn't germaine to the OP's question but "free to use"
    certainly is.

    --
    John Bean

    John Bean, Feb 2, 2008