    Can anyone suggest a simple process or even better yet, an
    application that will accept an AVI program and write it to a DVD?

    Thanks for your suggestions.

    C. Osbourne, Oct 18, 2004

  2. C. Osbourne

    Mook23 Guest

    "C. Osbourne" <> wrote in message
    news:TVKcd.412182$Fg5.268453@attbi_s53...

    > Now that DVD media and burners are becoming 'affordable', I've
    > taken the plunge and bought an internal 8X DVD burner. Since
    > I have been collecting movies in AVI format for years and would
    > like to convert some of this collection to DVD format, so I can
    > see them on a normal TV.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest a simple process or even better yet, an
    > application that will accept an AVI program and write it to a DVD?
    >
    > Thanks for your suggestions.

    I bought a burner for the same reason. My advice is to take another plunge
    and get a player that can play the files directly. Conversion is a bitch
    for the most part. Check out www.dvdrhelp.com for the details and 99% of
    the software you'll need

    Mook23, Oct 19, 2004

  3. C. Osbourne

    nobody Guest

    Re: What program that will convert an AVI (downloaded movie) to aDVD?

    Mook23 wrote:
    > "C. Osbourne" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Now that DVD media and burners are becoming 'affordable', I've
    >>taken the plunge and bought an internal 8X DVD burner. Since
    >>I have been collecting movies in AVI format for years and would
    >>like to convert some of this collection to DVD format, so I can
    >>see them on a normal TV.
    >>
    >>Can anyone suggest a simple process or even better yet, an
    >>application that will accept an AVI program and write it to a DVD?
    >>
    >>Thanks for your suggestions.
    >>

    > I bought a burner for the same reason. My advice is to take another plunge
    > and get a player that can play the files directly. Conversion is a bitch
    > for the most part. Check out www.dvdrhelp.com for the details and 99% of
    > the software you'll need

    WinAvi will do what you want.

    nobody, Oct 19, 2004