    (I think that's what it's called right? the file that contains the
    information about split files) anyways.. does anybody know what program
    should I use for them? thanks for reading =)

    Peter, Jan 26, 2005

  2. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Peter <> wrote in news:Xns95EAA4DDC983Peter@64.59.144.76:

    > I've decoded some files that were on here and I've used winrar
    > and rzjoin but it says "...unexpected end blahblah" and it deletes the
    > created file. Can't I extract files without having a .CRC file?
    > (I think that's what it's called right? the file that contains the
    > information about split files) anyways.. does anybody know what program
    > should I use for them? thanks for reading =)

    oh also, there are some files I don't understand what they are for.
    this is one of the file's name --> 'oni3ds-dgr.vol000+01.PAR2'
    and it goes on like that till it goes to this file
    ---> 'oni3ds-dgr.vol141+66.PAR2'
    What are those for?

    Peter, Jan 26, 2005

  3. Peter

    Ionizer Guest

    "Peter" <> wrote in message
    > Peter <> wrote in
    >
    >> I've decoded some files that were on here and I've used winrar
    >> and rzjoin but it says "...unexpected end blahblah" and it deletes the
    >> created file. Can't I extract files without having a .CRC file?
    >> (I think that's what it's called right? the file that contains the
    >> information about split files) anyways.. does anybody know what program
    >> should I use for them? thanks for reading =)
    >>

    > oh also, there are some files I don't understand what they are for.
    > this is one of the file's name --> 'oni3ds-dgr.vol000+01.PAR2'
    > and it goes on like that till it goes to this file
    > ---> 'oni3ds-dgr.vol141+66.PAR2'
    > What are those for?

    PAR2 files are for repairing incomplete or missing RAR files:

    http://www.quickpar.org.uk/DownloadingGuide.htm

    You need ALL of the RAR files in a set, and they must be complete, in
    order to combine them with WinRAR.

    --
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Jan 26, 2005
  4. Peter

    andy Guest

    "Kutloze Scheefgepoepte" <>
    wrote in message news:...

    > LOL Good one; Give it to 'im some more!! Go on!!

    FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

    andy, Jan 26, 2005

    Kick the **** in the head while you've got 'im in a headlock on the deck.

    --
    You ain't Dutch if you've been conned.
    <pmsl>

    Kutloze Scheefgepoepte, Jan 26, 2005
  6. Peter

    Peter Guest

    "Ionizer" <> wrote in

    > "Peter" <> wrote in message
    > PAR2 files are for repairing incomplete or missing RAR files:
    >
    > http://www.quickpar.org.uk/DownloadingGuide.htm
    >
    > You need ALL of the RAR files in a set, and they must be complete, in
    > order to combine them with WinRAR.

    still don't really know what to do with these files...
    Thanks for the help though =)
    can you explain briefly what to do?

    Peter, Jan 26, 2005
  7. Peter

    Ionizer Guest

    "Peter" <> wrote in message
    > still don't really know what to do with these files...
    > Thanks for the help though =)
    > can you explain briefly what to do?

    Do you have all of the RAR files and are they complete? If so, use WinRAR
    to do the extraction as you normally would:
    http://css.engineering.uiowa.edu/tools/etudes/winrar.html

    If some of the RAR files in the set are missing or incomplete, download as
    many PAR2 files as you require, and then get yourself a copy of QuickPAR:
    http://www.quickpar.org.uk/Download.htm QuickPAR will use the PAR2 files
    to repair and replace RAR files. If you have all the RAR files, you don't
    need to download the PAR2 files in the first place.

    --
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Jan 26, 2005