    Still Howlin' at the Moon!

    Wild Coyote
    wd_coyote<AT>hotmail.com
    Wild Coyote, May 21, 2007

  2. Per Wild Coyote:
    >Just curious.

    I use BrainForest - a hierarchal DB tool - on my Palm Pilot.
    --
    PeteCresswell
    (PeteCresswell), May 22, 2007

  3. Wild Coyote

    def456 Guest

    I just keep an alphabetical list in my word processor.

    def456, May 22, 2007
  4. Wild Coyote

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    DVD Profiler, available from http://www.invelos.com/

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus
    Oldus Fartus, May 22, 2007
  5. On Tue, 22 May 2007 13:10:29 +0800, Oldus Fartus
    <> wrote:

    >Wild Coyote wrote:
    >> Just curious.
    >> --
    >> Still Howlin' at the Moon!
    >>

    >DVD Profiler, available from http://www.invelos.com/

    I use Doug's list, and add a column to it for ownership, place
    purchased, date purchased, and purchase price.

    There is a picture of my main page in alt.binaries.misc called DVD
    Database Screenshot.

    The advantages of my method are that the database is free, constantly
    updated, and the only data the user has to put in is purchase data, and
    some occasional update merges to keep current. The other advantage is
    that a vast database of nearly all titles available are placed at one's
    fingertips.
    The Great Attractor, May 22, 2007
  6. Wild Coyote

    Wild Coyote Guest

    On Tue, 22 May 2007 02:03:30 -0700, The Great Attractor
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 22 May 2007 13:10:29 +0800, Oldus Fartus
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Wild Coyote wrote:
    >>> Just curious.
    >>> --
    >>> Still Howlin' at the Moon!
    >>>

    >>DVD Profiler, available from http://www.invelos.com/

    > I use Doug's list, and add a column to it for ownership, place
    >purchased, date purchased, and purchase price.
    >
    > There is a picture of my main page in alt.binaries.misc called DVD
    >Database Screenshot.
    >
    > The advantages of my method are that the database is free, constantly
    >updated, and the only data the user has to put in is purchase data, and
    >some occasional update merges to keep current. The other advantage is
    >that a vast database of nearly all titles available are placed at one's
    >fingertips.

    Tried to go to abm, It was going to take too long. I have DVD
    Profiler 3.0 now, but the thing has become way too complicated and the
    fighting in the forums and at the contribution level is just not worth
    it anymore. There is a select group that just make it a very
    miserable experience to try and contribute. The cover scan is only 72
    dpi, reject and you get the idea.

    I will look at Doug's list.
    --
    Still Howlin' at the Moon!

    Wild Coyote
    wd_coyote<AT>hotmail.com
    Wild Coyote, May 22, 2007
  7. Wild Coyote

    Phisherman Guest

    I use a folder and store scanned copies of the disc and box in the
    folder--no special program needed, although maybe someday I'll use a
    spreadsheet. I store my DVDs alphabetically so they are very easy to
    find (I wish Blockbuster and Hollywood would do the same.)
    Phisherman, May 22, 2007
  8. Wild Coyote

    Doug Jacobs Guest

    Wild Coyote <> wrote:
    > Just curious.

    Just made a huge table in Excel.

    The columns are: Title, Discs, Thickness Watched and Notes

    Title is self explanatory.

    Discs is how many discs in the title. This includes special feature
    discs, or multiple discs in a TV season box.

    Thickness is how many standard DVD cases wide is the case. Your typical
    movie will have a thickness of "1" whereas a slimcase boxset might have a
    thickness of "3.5". Useful for determining how much storage is needed
    when most furniture simply says "holds 250 DVDs". Easy enough to
    translate back into inches or centimeters as well.

    Watched is simply a field to track when's the last time I've watched a
    particular title. Can also be useful to determine if a disc is worth
    holding onto or not, if it hasn't been watched lately (or ever,
    unfortunately...)

    Notes can hold things like whether a disc is non-Region1, if it's been
    lent to someone, or is part of a boxset (eg. Mel Brook's Collection)

    --
    Win cash and giftcards just for clicking your mouse!
    http://www.netwinner.com/?signupCode=amuro98
    Doug Jacobs, May 23, 2007
  9. On Tue, 22 May 2007 20:33:31 GMT, Phisherman <> wrote:

    >I use a folder and store scanned copies of the disc and box in the
    >folder--no special program needed, although maybe someday I'll use a
    >spreadsheet. I store my DVDs alphabetically so they are very easy to
    >find (I wish Blockbuster and Hollywood would do the same.)

    You scan your DVD boxes? That's funny.

    Dude, just grab the BEST cover art there is right off the Amazon.com
    site for ant given title. Hi-res, fairly uniform sizing, and no extra
    work requisites!
    The Great Attractor, May 23, 2007
  10. On Tue, 22 May 2007 23:04:14 -0000, Doug Jacobs <>
    wrote:

    >Wild Coyote <> wrote:
    >> Just curious.

    >Just made a huge table in Excel.

    You're an idiot.

    >The columns are: Title, Discs, Thickness Watched and Notes

    Nobody cares what you E-1 grade attempts consist of.

    >Title is self explanatory.

    Yes. Your title is RETARD.

    >Discs is how many discs in the title. This includes special feature
    >discs, or multiple discs in a TV season box.

    Just use an existing database, dipshit.

    >Thickness is how many standard DVD cases wide is the case.

    We thought it was your skull thickness.

    > Your typical
    >movie will have a thickness of "1"

    Bullshit.

    >whereas a slimcase boxset might have a
    >thickness of "3.5". Useful for determining how much storage is needed
    >when most furniture simply says "holds 250 DVDs".

    You actually buy that crap? Bwuahahahaha!

    > Easy enough to
    >translate back into inches or centimeters as well.

    Easier to keep singles and boxed sets separated.

    >Watched is simply a field to track when's the last time I've watched a
    >particular title.

    You must be suffering from senility AND Alzheimer's

    > Can also be useful to determine if a disc is worth
    >holding onto or not,

    You're a fucking retard. Your ol' lady needs to make an entry in this
    field regarding you.

    > if it hasn't been watched lately (or ever,
    >unfortunately...)

    Fortune? Do you think you know what that word means?

    >Notes can hold things like whether a disc is non-Region1,

    Bwuahahahahah! No shit? "notes" can do that?

    > if it's been
    >lent to someone,

    Dumbass.

    > or is part of a boxset (eg. Mel Brook's Collection)

    You need to find a tall bridge and rid the world of your stupidity, boy.
    The Great Attractor, May 23, 2007
  11. Wild Coyote

    AUKtard Guest

    Prongie still getting slapped around?

    --
    Usenet lits score:

    GIT-R-DONE!
    alt.usenet.legends.lamey
    http://blu05.port5.com
    AUK Offishal Tinfoil Sombrero award 05/07
    #20 Usenet asshole
    #6 Lits Slut
    #9 Cog in the AUK Hate Machine
    <approved by Lionel>
    #11 Most posting trolls/hunters/flonkers 2007
    #1 Disenfranchised AUK Kookologist.
    #1 AUK Galactic Killfile Award
    < we all know how well that works...LOL >
    Rhiannon" <> wrote:
    > Oh fer fucksakes. Welcome to my killfile you annoying little gnat.

    <working on one of them specheel AUK awards>
    AUKtard, May 23, 2007
  12. I've never been able to get the "high quality" cover images, they say
    they download but all I get are these nasty little thumbnails. :p

    Jonathan Brisby, May 23, 2007
  13. Hey Prong..... TOP POST!

    *tag, your it!*

    Jonathan Brisby, May 23, 2007
  14. Wild Coyote

    Doug Jacobs Guest

    In alt.video.dvd AUKtard wrote:

    > Prongie still getting slapped around?

    Yeah, and like a chiuaua with ADD and OCD, he seems obsessed at following
    me around, yapping at my ankles.

    Doug Jacobs, May 24, 2007
  15. Wild Coyote

    Wild Coyote Guest

    On Wed, 23 May 2007 22:49:46 GMT, Jonathan Brisby
    <> wrote:

    >I've never been able to get the "high quality" cover images, they say
    >they download but all I get are these nasty little thumbnails. :p
    >
    >On Tue, 22 May 2007 12:40:41 -0700, Wild Coyote
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Tue, 22 May 2007 02:03:30 -0700, The Great Attractor
    >><> wrote:

    >>> I use Doug's list, and add a column to it for ownership, place
    >>>purchased, date purchased, and purchase price.
    >>>
    >>> There is a picture of my main page in alt.binaries.misc called DVD
    >>>Database Screenshot.
    >>>
    >>> The advantages of my method are that the database is free, constantly
    >>>updated, and the only data the user has to put in is purchase data, and
    >>>some occasional update merges to keep current. The other advantage is
    >>>that a vast database of nearly all titles available are placed at one's
    >>>fingertips.

    >>Tried to go to abm, It was going to take too long. I have DVD
    >>Profiler 3.0 now, but the thing has become way too complicated and the
    >>fighting in the forums and at the contribution level is just not worth
    >>it anymore. There is a select group that just make it a very
    >>miserable experience to try and contribute. The cover scan is only 72
    >>dpi, reject and you get the idea.
    >>
    >>I will look at Doug's list.

    If you are talking DVD Profiler, you have to pay $30 or so and get the
    premium registration. Then go into options and change to the high
    quality scans.
    --
    Still Howlin' at the Moon!

    Wild Coyote
    wd_coyote<AT>hotmail.com
    Wild Coyote, May 24, 2007
  16. On Wed, 23 May 2007 22:49:46 GMT, Jonathan Brisby <>
    wrote:

    >I've never been able to get the "high quality" cover images, they say
    >they download but all I get are these nasty little thumbnails. :p

    Maybe it's because they know that you are a top posting Usenet twit.

    Couldn't resist, but you deserve it. Top posting, especially while
    also quoting the whole message below it (TOFU) like some lame email
    response is one of the most retarded practices in Usenet, you lazy,
    stupid, non-conformal fucktard!
    The Great Attractor, May 24, 2007
  17. On Wed, 23 May 2007 23:18:17 -0000, Doug Jacobs <>
    wrote:

    >In alt.video.dvd AUKtard wrote:
    >
    >> Prongie still getting slapped around?

    >Yeah, and like a chiuaua with ADD and OCD, he seems obsessed at following
    >me around, yapping at my ankles.

    You're an idiot. *If* I did anything to you along such lines, you
    wouldn't even be around anymore in Usenet. I'd nail you with about 300mc
    of curare, and you MIGHT wake up next year. That is... you'd be awake,
    and feel everything, but be completely unable to move. And that is
    exactly what a dumbfucktard like you deserves.
    The Great Attractor, May 24, 2007
  18. On Wed, 23 May 2007 17:11:57 -0700, Wild Coyote <>
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 23 May 2007 22:49:46 GMT, Jonathan Brisby
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>I've never been able to get the "high quality" cover images, they say
    >>they download but all I get are these nasty little thumbnails. :p
    >>
    >>On Tue, 22 May 2007 12:40:41 -0700, Wild Coyote
    >><> wrote:

    >>>Tried to go to abm, It was going to take too long. I have DVD
    >>>Profiler 3.0 now, but the thing has become way too complicated and the
    >>>fighting in the forums and at the contribution level is just not worth
    >>>it anymore. There is a select group that just make it a very
    >>>miserable experience to try and contribute. The cover scan is only 72
    >>>dpi, reject and you get the idea.
    >>>
    >>>I will look at Doug's list.

    >If you are talking DVD Profiler, you have to pay $30 or so and get the
    >premium registration. Then go into options and change to the high
    >quality scans.

    Jeez. Just VISIT the Amazon site. Find the title, and DL the high
    quality cover shot they post for nearly every title they carry.

    **** paying $30 for some lame, non-mutable catalog app that can't even
    hold the whole library.

    I use Doug's list because it IS the whole library, and I ADD fields to
    it for ownership, purchase place and price, in library location, etc.

    His work is exemplary, and my mod to the spreadsheet can't be beat.
    There is a sceenshot, freshly posted in alt.binaries.misc called

    DVD Database. Hell the cover snapshot can even be scaled to taste. Try
    THAT with a compiled "store bought" package!
    The Great Attractor, May 24, 2007
  19. Wild Coyote

    King of AUK. Guest

    On Wed, 23 May 2007 18:21:38 -0700, The Great Attractor
    <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 23 May 2007 23:18:17 -0000, Doug Jacobs <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>In alt.video.dvd AUKtard wrote:
    >>
    >>> Prongie still getting slapped around?

    >>Yeah, and like a chiuaua with ADD and OCD, he seems obsessed at following
    >>me around, yapping at my ankles.

    > You're an idiot. *If* I did anything to you along such lines, you
    >wouldn't even be around anymore in Usenet. I'd nail you with about 300mc
    >of curare, and you MIGHT wake up next year. That is... you'd be awake,
    >and feel everything, but be completely unable to move. And that is
    >exactly what a dumbfucktard like you deserves.

    Threat noted and added to the rest.

    #20 Usenet asshole
    #6 Lits Slut
    #9 Cog in the AUK Hate Machine
    <approved by Lionel>
    #11 Most posting trolls/hunters/flonkers 2007
    #1 Disenfranchised AUK Kookologist.
    #1 AUK Galactic Killfile Award
    < we all know how well that works...LOL >
    The New King Of AUK
    King of AUK., May 24, 2007
  20. On Thu, 24 May 2007 01:30:54 GMT, King of AUK. wrote:

    >On Wed, 23 May 2007 18:21:38 -0700, The Great Attractor
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 23 May 2007 23:18:17 -0000, Doug Jacobs <>
    >>wrote:

    >>>Yeah, and like a chiuaua with ADD and OCD, he seems obsessed at following
    >>>me around, yapping at my ankles.

    >> You're an idiot. *If* I did anything to you along such lines, you
    >>wouldn't even be around anymore in Usenet. I'd nail you with about 300mc
    >>of curare, and you MIGHT wake up next year. That is... you'd be awake,
    >>and feel everything, but be completely unable to move. And that is
    >>exactly what a dumbfucktard like you deserves.

    >Threat noted and added to the rest.

    **** off, stalktard. There was no threat. You cannot get curare,
    dipshit.
    The Great Attractor, May 24, 2007