    of a good ink jet printer?
    john
    marsden.

    john marsden, Sep 22, 2003

  2. john marsden

    Miggsee Guest

    I prefer HP. Stay away from the cheap Lexmarks!

    "john marsden" <> wrote in message
    > after a troublesome and somewhat costly EPSON experience, does anyone

    know

    Miggsee, Sep 22, 2003

  3. john marsden

    Ski Guest

    >I prefer HP. Stay away from the cheap Lexmarks!
    >
    >"john marsden" <> wrote in message
    >> after a troublesome and somewhat costly EPSON experience, does anyone

    >know
    >> of a good ink jet printer?
    >> john
    >> marsden.

    Stay away from all cheap printers.
    The midrange to expensive Lexmarks
    are about the best deal...IMO.

    HOWEVER, the all-in-one model
    printer-scanner-faxes are about the equ of
    a swiss army knife...
    (not a good knife,,,not a good screwdriver...not a good can opener...
    but hey, it's all there...)

    If you root around on Lexmark's site,
    you'll find a contact page,
    they'll get back to ya in a couple days
    and you can discuss your needs with them.

    If you'd hooked up as many customer supplied HPs as I have,
    you'd see they're better doorstops than they are printers...LOL!

    Ski

    Ski, Sep 22, 2003
  4. This is the Flibbydabbydee service of the BBC, & on Mon, 22 Sep 2003
    12:57:27 +0100, john marsden uttered:

    I'm using a Canon bubblejet, & have no problems with it.

    William Poaster, Sep 22, 2003
  5. john marsden

    Miggsee Guest

    The networked Lexmarks are very good, $$$$$$$, but difficult to repair.
    Small Lexmarks are junk! I service over 100 <1 year old Lexmarks, and they
    reek! However, our 6 year old HPs are just beginning to lose the ability to
    pick up paper. Running a sheet of paper through the printer, which has had
    hairspray sprayed on the paper, works wonders!

    Miggsee, Sep 22, 2003
  6. john marsden

    Ski Guest

    >The networked Lexmarks are very good, $$$$$$$, but difficult to repair.
    >Small Lexmarks are junk! I service over 100 <1 year old Lexmarks, and they
    >reek! However, our 6 year old HPs are just beginning to lose the ability to
    >pick up paper. Running a sheet of paper through the printer, which has had
    >hairspray sprayed on the paper, works wonders!

    So, like anything else,
    it depends on what you're going to do with it.

    I'd say average desktop non-business use,
    the lexmark would be fine...believe it or not,
    they DON'T want to sell you a machine
    that'd make THEM look bad.

    Hairspray...great idea, can't wait to try it out.
    save lots of time cleaning/disassembling.
    Thanks!

    Ski

    Ski, Sep 22, 2003
  7. john marsden

    Mara Guest

    On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:57:15 +0100, William Poaster wrote:

    >This is the Flibbydabbydee service of the BBC, & on Mon, 22 Sep 2003
    >12:57:27 +0100, john marsden uttered:
    >
    >I'm using a Canon bubblejet, & have no problems with it.

    I liked my Canon - an excellent printer. I also like my HPs, my Lexmarks, and my
    Panasonic. :) Like the HPs the best though, as far as print quality goes,
    although the big Lexmark comes very close.

    >> after a troublesome and somewhat costly EPSON experience, does anyone know
    >> of a good ink jet printer?
    >> john
    >> marsden.

    AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
    --glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r

    Mara, Sep 22, 2003
  8. john marsden

    Miggsee Guest

    :) Just don't try the Lexmark network color printers! Slower than a snail,
    especially when 20+ students are shooting their prints to it.
    "The lab will be down for days." <G>

    Miggsee, Sep 22, 2003
  9. I have to agree about HP's products; I presently own an 8-year-old HP
    Deskjet 600C printer, which I had to fix 1 time and HP was very good about
    about fixing it; I had the printer back to me fixed within 14 days. After
    that, I bought all HP products: an HP computer and scanner, which, so far,
    I had no problems with them, knock on wood.

    I hope this helps.

    Christine

    Christine Geary, Sep 29, 2003