What price are [Kiwis] paying to get your homework done? (Laugh, it's funny!)

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Howard1309, Mar 2, 2006.

  1. Howard1309

    Howard1309 Guest

    Howard1309, Mar 2, 2006

  2. Howard1309

    david winter Guest

    That's for real and not all that old. It was in this week's Otago
    student newspaper (Critic)

    david winter, Mar 3, 2006

  3. Howard1309

    Gordon Guest

    On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 13:52:53 -0800, Howard1309 wrote:

    > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/03/02/ms_nz_ad/

    To me this shows two people who should be getting it on but are not with
    MS being the cause.

    Still then again MS is not one of the partners ;-)

    Gordon, Mar 3, 2006
  4. T'was the 2 Mar 2006 13:52:53 -0800 when I remembered "Howard1309"
    <> saying something like this:

    >According to the link it's "an old advertisement which ran only in New
    >Zealand"...
    >Anybody ever seen it? I suspect it's a complete fake, but a funny one.

    It only ran for a very short amount of time at a certain university,
    suffice to say, I have a copy of the poster in my room. It'll be worth
    a lot on eBay one day:)
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.

    Waylon Kenning, Mar 3, 2006
  5. On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 20:36:24 -0800, someone purporting to be david winter
    didst scrawl:

    > That's for real and not all that old. It was in this week's Otago
    > student newspaper (Critic)

    And here was I thinking it actually was old, and a reference to an
    incident several years ago where a female UoA (or maybe AIT?) student
    posted on usenet offering "favours" in return for assistance with a
    programming assignment.

    --
    Matthew Poole
    "Don't use force. Get a bigger hammer."

    Matthew Poole, Mar 3, 2006
  6. On 2 Mar 2006 13:52:53 -0800, Howard1309 wrote:

    > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/03/02/ms_nz_ad/
    >
    > According to the link it's "an old advertisement which ran only in New
    > Zealand"...
    > Anybody ever seen it? I suspect it's a complete fake, but a funny one.
    >
    > And here's the obligatory "Why not get it free?" reference...
    > http://www.openoffice.org/
    >
    > Even better...
    > http://www.theopencd.org/

    Didn't look out of place on a student mag.
    However, that's alot of beer you could buy. So just use OpenOffice
    instead.....

    wogers nemesis, Mar 3, 2006
  7. Howard1309

    Craig Shore Guest

    On 2 Mar 2006 13:52:53 -0800, "Howard1309" <> wrote:

    >http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/03/02/ms_nz_ad/
    >
    >According to the link it's "an old advertisement which ran only in New
    >Zealand"...
    >Anybody ever seen it? I suspect it's a complete fake, but a funny one.

    What we should be doing is complaining about The Register's reference to New
    Zealand.

    ....Begin Quote...
    There was a time when Microsoft ads were a bit more entertaining than the
    current "dinosaur head" offerings which have of late been baffling adults and
    scaring small children worldwide.

    The proof comes in this hitherto-unseen-in-the-civilised-world shocker for MS
    Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003:

    [picture of add]

    Fantastic. For the record, an MS operative confirmed this morning that this is
    "an old advertisement which ran only in New Zealand for a short period and is no
    longer being used". For the love of all that's Holy, why not?
    ....End Quote...

    According to them we don't live in the civilised world. I know Roger was a big
    fan of The Register, perhaps he was bugging them a lot and they got the wrong
    idea about us. We should let them know he's one of theirs!

    :)

    Craig Shore, Mar 6, 2006
  8. Howard1309

    shannon Guest

    Re: What price are [Kiwis] paying to get your homework done? (Laugh,it's funny!)

    Craig Shore wrote:
    > On 2 Mar 2006 13:52:53 -0800, "Howard1309" <> wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/03/02/ms_nz_ad/
    >>
    >> According to the link it's "an old advertisement which ran only in New
    >> Zealand"...
    >> Anybody ever seen it? I suspect it's a complete fake, but a funny one.

    > What we should be doing is complaining about The Register's reference to New
    > Zealand.
    >
    > ...Begin Quote...
    > There was a time when Microsoft ads were a bit more entertaining than the
    > current "dinosaur head" offerings which have of late been baffling adults and
    > scaring small children worldwide.
    >
    > The proof comes in this hitherto-unseen-in-the-civilised-world shocker for MS
    > Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003:
    >
    > [picture of add]
    >
    > Fantastic. For the record, an MS operative confirmed this morning that this is
    > "an old advertisement which ran only in New Zealand for a short period and is no
    > longer being used". For the love of all that's Holy, why not?
    > ...End Quote...
    >
    > According to them we don't live in the civilised world. I know Roger was a big
    > fan of The Register, perhaps he was bugging them a lot and they got the wrong
    > idea about us. We should let them know he's one of theirs!
    >
    > :)

    And the BOFH is one of ours :)

    shannon, Mar 6, 2006
  9. Howard1309

    Miche Guest

    In article <>,
    "Howard1309" <> wrote:

    > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/03/02/ms_nz_ad/
    >
    > According to the link it's "an old advertisement which ran only in New
    > Zealand"...
    > Anybody ever seen it? I suspect it's a complete fake, but a funny one.

    It's not a fake and it's not old; it was in Critic (Otago University's
    student magazine) a couple of weeks ago.

    Miche

    --
    WWMVD?

    Miche, Mar 18, 2006
  10. T'was the Sat, 18 Mar 2006 16:47:58 +1300 when I remembered Miche
    <> saying something like this:

    >It's not a fake and it's not old; it was in Critic (Otago University's
    >student magazine) a couple of weeks ago.

    It's real. I have two copies of the poster, before they were taken
    down. One day they'll be Ebay material:)
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.

    Waylon Kenning, Mar 18, 2006