    leo Guest

    I am thinking of getting Hoya ultra thin one at about $60. I don't think I
    need B+W, right?

    leo, Apr 1, 2004

  2. leo wrote:
    > I am thinking of getting Hoya ultra thin one at about $60. I don't
    > think I need B+W, right?

    Well, if you don't think you need a B+W then I can't argue.

    I don't need a Rolls Royce, I like my VW, but some people would (will)
    see it different.

    The difference is in quality. Most people will never see the
    difference. However most of the people here are not most people when he
    comes to photography so you will find a high percentage of writers who would
    choose the B+W even for the difference in cost. Some of those will be able
    to see the difference in optical quality and feel the difference in physical
    construction ... some won't ;-)

    Thin or not depends on several factors. Generally they are preferred
    for wide angle lenses or when stacking filters.

    Good Luck

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math