    If money wasn't a limitation, what place/s on Earth (or even outside
    of it) showing in the background, would you most want to take a self-
    portrait photo in, to show to friends and please say why.

    Pat, Jul 14, 2010

  2. Pat

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Re: What place/s in the world would you most want to take a selfportrait in ?

    Pat wrote:

    > If money wasn't a limitation, what place/s on Earth (or even outside
    > of it) showing in the background, would you most want to take a self-
    > portrait photo in, to show to friends and please say why.

    somwhere really dark :O)

    --
    Paul (we break easy)
    Stop and Look

    Paul Heslop, Jul 14, 2010

  3. Pat

    Bruce Guest

    Re: What place/s in the world would you most want to take a self portrait in ?

    On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 17:04:25 -0700 (PDT), Pat <>
    wrote:
    >If money wasn't a limitation, what place/s on Earth (or even outside
    >of it) showing in the background, would you most want to take a self-
    >portrait photo in, to show to friends and please say why.

    Portofino, Italy. It is simply the most beautiful place on Earth.

    http://www.google.co.uk/images?q=portofino

    Bruce, Jul 14, 2010
  4. Pat

    Me Guest

    On 14/07/2010 12:04 p.m., Pat wrote:
    > If money wasn't a limitation, what place/s on Earth (or even outside
    > of it) showing in the background, would you most want to take a self-
    > portrait photo in, to show to friends and please say why.

    I think strapped to a gurney in an execution ceremony in a death chamber
    in Texas, even though the scene may look faked because I'm a white guy.

    Me, Jul 14, 2010
  5. Pat

    otter Guest

    Re: What place/s in the world would you most want to take a selfportrait in ?

    On Jul 13, 9:10 pm, C J Campbell
    <> wrote:
    > On 2010-07-13 17:04:25 -0700, Pat <> said:
    >
    > > If money wasn't a limitation, what place/s on Earth (or even outside
    > > of it) showing in the background, would you most want to take a self-
    > > portrait photo in, to show to friends and please say why.

    > Heaven. I think that would be self-explanatory. :D

    I think that would be the last place I'd want to be.

    otter, Jul 14, 2010
  6. Pat

    John A. Guest

    Re: What place/s in the world would you most want to take a self portrait in ?

    On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 23:38:57 -0700, "John Sisker"
    <> wrote:

    >"Pat" <> wrote in message
    >> If money wasn't a limitation, what place/s on Earth (or even outside
    >> of it) showing in the background, would you most want to take a self-
    >> portrait photo in, to show to friends and please say why.

    >I think Deborah would say France, based on her interest in this country,
    >including the people, culture and food. In fact, she can even speak and
    >write the language. I on the other hand, would probably say Alaska, simply
    >because of the open space and beautiful scenery. Of course, with Photoshop,
    >that is easily accomplished in any case. But admittedly, it's not the same
    >as actually being there. Yet, I don't feel a self portrait is important of
    >me standing in front of anything, as is the fact that I was actually there
    >behind the camera taking the picture in the first place.

    So you'll just be taking the classic Facebook/Myspace profile pic in
    the hotel bathroom mirror with the flash on and the camera tilted,
    then? ;)

    John A., Jul 14, 2010
  7. Re: What place/s in the world would you most want to take a selfportrait in ?

    [aus.photo out.]
    Alan Browne wrote:
    > On 10-07-13 20:04 , Pat wrote:
    >> If money wasn't a limitation, what place/s on Earth (or even outside
    >> of it) showing in the background, would you most want to take a self-
    >> portrait photo in, to show to friends and please say why.

    > Piloting a hot aerobatic airplane in the Canadian Rockies.
    >
    > I love flying and extreme attitudes.

    Freudian slip??

    --
    john mcwilliams

    John McWilliams, Jul 14, 2010
  8. Pat

    Peter Guest

    "Bowser" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 17:04:25 -0700 (PDT), Pat <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>If money wasn't a limitation, what place/s on Earth (or even outside
    >>of it) showing in the background, would you most want to take a self-
    >>portrait photo in, to show to friends and please say why.

    > On top of one of the great pyramids.
    >
    > 'Cause they're there.

    Sitting or standing?

    --
    Peter

    Peter, Jul 14, 2010
  9. Pat

    Noons Guest

    On Jul 14, 10:04 am, Pat <> wrote:
    > If money wasn't a limitation, what place/s on Earth (or even outside
    > of it) showing in the background, would you most want to take a self-
    > portrait photo in, to show to friends and please say why.

    Aconcagua, Argentina. Amazing mountain. Tallest in Southern
    Hemisphere.
    Tata-Mai-Lau, East Timor. Only 3Kms but one can see the whole island
    from it. Been there before: worth every second, planning to go back
    soon.
    Top of Uluru, Australia, with Mt Connor and Katatjuta in the
    background. Been there, want to go back one day. Awesome doesn't even
    begin to define it.

    Noons, Jul 15, 2010
  10. Re: What place/s in the world would you most want to take a selfportrait in ?

    Alan Browne wrote:
    > On 10-07-14 12:43 , John McWilliams wrote:
    >> [aus.photo out.]
    >> Alan Browne wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Piloting a hot aerobatic airplane in the Canadian Rockies.
    >>>
    >>> I love flying and extreme attitudes.

    >> Freudian slip??

    > I prefer Victorian corsets, actually.

    TMI.....

    --
    jpmcw

    John McWilliams, Jul 15, 2010
  11. Pat

    Dingo Guest

    wrote:

    >If money wasn't a limitation, what place/s on Earth (or even outside
    >of it) showing in the background, would you most want to take a self-
    >portrait photo in, to show to friends and please say why.

    Naked and mounted.

    Dingo, Jul 15, 2010
  12. Pat

    Bowser Guest

    "Peter" <> wrote in message
    > "Bowser" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 17:04:25 -0700 (PDT), Pat <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>If money wasn't a limitation, what place/s on Earth (or even outside
    >>>of it) showing in the background, would you most want to take a self-
    >>>portrait photo in, to show to friends and please say why.

    >> On top of one of the great pyramids.
    >>
    >> 'Cause they're there.

    > Sitting or standing?

    The visual reminded me of one of those old "Colon Blow" cereal mock
    commercials from Saturday Night Live...

    Standing, of course.

    Bowser, Jul 15, 2010
  13. Pat

    John A. Guest

    On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 08:13:13 -0400, "Bowser" <> wrote:

    >"Peter" <> wrote in message
    >> "Bowser" <> wrote in message

    >>> On top of one of the great pyramids.
    >>>
    >>> 'Cause they're there.

    >> Sitting or standing?

    >The visual reminded me of one of those old "Colon Blow" cereal mock
    >commercials from Saturday Night Live...
    >
    >Standing, of course.

    Funny I should read this just as I have a sick toddler "squatting" in
    my lap.

    John A., Jul 15, 2010
  14. Pat

    whisky-dave Guest

    "Alan Browne" <> wrote in message
    > On 10-07-14 12:43 , John McWilliams wrote:
    >> [aus.photo out.]
    >> Alan Browne wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Piloting a hot aerobatic airplane in the Canadian Rockies.
    >>>
    >>> I love flying and extreme attitudes.

    >> Freudian slip??

    > I prefer Victorian corsets, actually.

    I don;t think we really want to see any pictures of you in them, do we ?
    inn case you're wondering, we cetainly don;t want it as a submission ;-)

    whisky-dave, Jul 15, 2010
  15. Pat

    otter Guest

    On Jul 13, 7:04 pm, Pat <> wrote:
    > If money wasn't a limitation, what place/s on Earth (or even outside
    > of it) showing in the background, would you most want to take a self-
    > portrait photo in, to show to friends and please say why.

    Been thinking about this.

    First thought was Nepal.

    But I think I've settled on: the wedding of my Great-Grandchild.

    Since my own kids have shown no sign of getting married, I may have a
    long wait.

    otter, Jul 16, 2010
  16. Pat

    John A. Guest

    Re: What place/s in the world would you most want to take a self portrait in ?

    On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 21:47:07 -0700, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >On 2010-07-15 20:59:31 -0700, C J Campbell
    ><> said:

    >>> It will be. :)

    >> I've already been to the other place and taken a self portrait there.
    >> It is not as bad as most people imagine. In fact, it was quite nice
    >> when I was there. I once considered opening a flight school there so I
    >> could be the flight instructor from Hell. Possibly even manufacturing a
    >> light aircraft that would be called the Bat, so people could fly a Bat
    >> out of Hell.
    >>
    >> But the population is very small and probably would not support such
    >> enterprises. They have a post office (which postmarks your mail with
    >> big red letters saying "HELL") and they sell t-shirts and the like. The
    >> "Wish You Were Here" postcard is very popular.

    >I would have thought a town such as "Harmony" would be better suited
    >for somebody well exercised in the navigation skills of the photo
    >newsgroups.
    ><http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/Harmony_DNC0859w.jpg >
    >
    >I think the population after the latest census is probably down to 6.

    Well that explains the state of music these days. Too many people
    getting out of Harmony.

    John A., Jul 16, 2010
  17. Pat

    John A. Guest

    Re: What place/s in the world would you most want to take a self portrait in ?

    On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 08:58:14 -0700, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >On 2010-07-16 07:54:15 -0700, C J Campbell
    ><> said:
    >
    >> On 2010-07-15 21:47:07 -0700, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> said:

    >>> I would have thought a town such as "Harmony" would be better suited
    >>> for somebody well exercised in the navigation skills of the photo
    >>> newsgroups.
    >>> <http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/Harmony_DNC0859w.jpg >
    >>>
    >>> I think the population after the latest census is probably down to 6.

    >> No wonder, after that incident with No. 6.

    >Actually it was because 7 was just too odd.

    I thought it was because 7 ate 9.

    John A., Jul 16, 2010
  18. Pat

    Tim Conway Guest

    "John A." <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 08:58:14 -0700, Savageduck
    > <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    >
    >>On 2010-07-16 07:54:15 -0700, C J Campbell
    >><> said:

    >>> No wonder, after that incident with No. 6.

    >>Actually it was because 7 was just too odd.

    > I thought it was because 7 ate 9.

    I don't know, but that's why 6 was afraid of 7.

    Tim Conway, Jul 16, 2010
  19. Pat

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Jul 13, 8:04 pm, Pat <> wrote:
    > If money wasn't a limitation, what place/s on Earth (or even outside
    > of it) showing in the background, would you most want to take a self-
    > portrait photo in, to show to friends and please say why.

    Oval Office.

    Annika1980, Jul 17, 2010
  20. Re: What place/s in the world would you most want to take a selfportrait in ?

    C J Campbell wrote:
    > On 2010-07-16 17:34:35 -0700, Annika1980 <> said:
    >
    >> On Jul 13, 8:04 pm, Pat <> wrote:
    >>> If money wasn't a limitation, what place/s on Earth (or even outside
    >>> of it) showing in the background, would you most want to take a self-
    >>> portrait photo in, to show to friends and please say why.

    >> Oval Office.

    > Anyone who wants to be there is either too power-mad, too greedy, or too
    > crazy to be trusted with the job. Or a combination of all three.

    One could be just a visitor to the occupant.

    --
    john mcwilliams

    John McWilliams, Jul 17, 2010