what photo software shows properties/specs of the image and setting the

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Howard, Dec 20, 2003.

  1. Howard

    Howard Guest

    in the dim recesses of my mind, I think I remember using some software that
    showed the aperture/shutter/flash and so on of the image.

    I have corel 8 and 10
    photoshop 7
    Irfanview
    Picture window 3.1

    I cannot find the link to get the above mentioned data .......

    I can get most of the data on the photo from the above listed software, but
    not the settings the camera used

    camera is a Kodak DX 4900 digital zoom

    --

    In the words of the IMMORTAL USED CAR DEALER:
    THERE IS AN ASS FOR EVERY SEAT!
    Howard, Dec 20, 2003

  2. Howard

    Julie Guest

    Try Photoshop Elements 2.0

    Julie, Dec 20, 2003

  3. Howard

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    the fastest way, since you have Irfanview is to click on the icon with an "i"
    in a red cirlce, to the left of the icon with a +.

    And if the information shown is not enough, at the bottom of the popup is the
    exif button that will list even more.

    Hope this helps

    Merry Christmas
    Rosita
    HRosita, Dec 20, 2003
  4. Howard

    Howard Guest

    Hi Rosita,,,,,,,

    MARVELOUS, thanks.......... I never downloaded the plug ins, Life is good!
    It was driving me batty trying to get that information!

    May the new year bring you an abundance of health and happiness!

    howard

    If you would like a link to see some of my photos of India and Las Vegas

    email at:

    remove DOT

    Howard, Dec 20, 2003
  5. Howard

    Jeff Guest

    "Howard" <> wrote in

    > in the dim recesses of my mind, I think I remember using some software
    > that showed the aperture/shutter/flash and so on of the image.
    >
    > I have corel 8 and 10
    > photoshop 7
    > Irfanview
    > Picture window 3.1
    >
    > I cannot find the link to get the above mentioned data .......
    >
    > I can get most of the data on the photo from the above listed
    > software, but not the settings the camera used
    >
    > camera is a Kodak DX 4900 digital zoom

    In Photoshop 7, click File, File Info. At the top of the file info
    window there is a drop-down list labeled "section:". In this list
    select EXIF.
    Jeff, Dec 20, 2003
  6. Howard

    Howard Guest

    Thanks, Jeff

    mind is at ease (at least for that)

    be well and have a happy

    Howard, Dec 20, 2003
  7. Howard

    Mark Johnson Guest

    "Howard" <> wrote:

    >in the dim recesses of my mind, I think I remember using some software that
    >showed the aperture/shutter/flash and so on of the image.

    >I have corel 8 and 10
    >photoshop 7
    >Irfanview
    >Picture window 3.1

    Michal Kowalski, EXIF viewer. Just a neat little free program.

    But since you have Irfanview, you already have an EXIF viewer. There's
    another button that comes up for jpg image when you click on info.
    That'll give you all that EXIF info.
    Mark Johnson, Dec 20, 2003
  8. Acdsee, right click and properties, excellent program,
    Paul.

    ** Pee Cee **, Dec 20, 2003
  9. Howard

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 10:37:30 -0800, in rec.photo.digital "Howard"
    <> wrote:

    >in the dim recesses of my mind, I think I remember using some software that
    >showed the aperture/shutter/flash and so on of the image.
    >
    >I have corel 8 and 10
    >photoshop 7
    >Irfanview
    >Picture window 3.1
    >
    >I cannot find the link to get the above mentioned data .......
    >
    >I can get most of the data on the photo from the above listed software, but
    >not the settings the camera used
    >
    >camera is a Kodak DX 4900 digital zoom

    You should be able to with Irfanview if you also downloaded and installed
    the plug in's. Choose Image => Information, then click on the EXIF Info
    button. PS7 should allow this also, but Since I don't use it I can not tell
    you how. PSP8 will also show EXIF info.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://members.cox.net/egruf
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam
    Ed Ruf, Dec 20, 2003
  10. Howard

    Howard Guest

    THANKS....to all FOR: what photo software shows properties/specs of the image

    Howard, Dec 20, 2003
  11. Howard

    Frank ess Guest

    Re: THANKS....to all FOR: what photo software shows properties/specs of the image

    Here's another with different organization and capabilities:
    http://www.picmeta.com/
    Frank ess, Dec 20, 2003
  12. Howard

    Tore Lund Guest

    Re: what photo software shows properties/specs of the image and settingthe

    Howard wrote:
    > Hi Rosita,,,,,,,
    >
    > MARVELOUS, thanks.......... I never downloaded the plug ins, Life is good!
    > It was driving me batty trying to get that information!

    Well, in my copy of IrfanView there is no mention of white balance,
    saturation, sharpness and contrast. So look up Exifer, this is the most
    complete EXIF viewer that I am aware of.
    --
    Tore
    Tore Lund, Dec 20, 2003
  13. Howard

    D H Guest

    "Tore Lund" <> wrote in message news:eT4Fb.7488

    > Well, in my copy of IrfanView there is no mention of white balance,
    > saturation, sharpness and contrast. So look up Exifer, this is the most
    > complete EXIF viewer that I am aware of.

    Exifer is an excellent program. Glad I heard of it on this group. Get it
    here:
    http://www.exifer.friedemann.info/
    --
    Off to ride the mountains, D H
    Reply to newsgroup. Spam is out of control.
    D H, Dec 21, 2003
  14. Howard

    Mark Johnson Guest

    Mark Johnson <> wrote:

    >"Howard" <> wrote:
    >
    >>in the dim recesses of my mind, I think I remember using some software that
    >>showed the aperture/shutter/flash and so on of the image.

    >>I have corel 8 and 10
    >>photoshop 7
    >>Irfanview
    >>Picture window 3.1

    >Michal Kowalski, EXIF viewer. Just a neat little free program.

    >But since you have Irfanview, you already have an EXIF viewer. There's
    >another button that comes up for jpg image when you click on info.
    >That'll give you all that EXIF info.

    Oops, I just noticed that both exif viewer and irfan won't pick up
    EXIF info in old TIFF files, like those off the e-100rs.

    But
    http://www.takenet.or.jp/~ryuuji/

    that will.
    Mark Johnson, Dec 21, 2003
  15. Howard

    Guest

    Howard <> wrote:
    > in the dim recesses of my mind, I think I remember using some software that
    > showed the aperture/shutter/flash and so on of the image.

    > I have corel 8 and 10
    > photoshop 7
    > Irfanview
    > Picture window 3.1

    > I cannot find the link to get the above mentioned data .......

    Photoshop 7 shows this information under the File->Info window.
    At least that's how it work under Mac OS X.
    , Dec 21, 2003
  16. Howard

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    wrote:

    > Photoshop 7 shows this information under the File->Info window.
    > At least that's how it work under Mac OS X.

    Same in Windows.
    Paolo Pizzi, Dec 22, 2003
  17. Kodak EasyShare software does this in V3.2 and greater (and I think V3.1 but
    not sure)

    V 3.2 is available on the web at http://www.kodak.com/go/eashsharesw

    not only that but it's the software that was designed to work with your
    Kodak camera.

    William Jackson, Dec 22, 2003