    happy.

    Wellington.

    Rob
    phstpok, May 6, 2005

  2. On Sat, 07 May 2005 00:05:52 +1200, phstpok <> wrote:

    >Ok, celery 1gb running at 1.12, no agp slot (fic f33 m/b).
    >
    >8/mb onboard video.
    >
    >I want at least 32mb video, I'm not a gamer.
    >
    >New or used I don't care as long as I can do my photoshop/web pages I'm
    >happy.

    There is not a lot of choice out there unless you go for one of the
    modern cards and many of these now ask for P4 CPU.

    So used maybe better bet
    FreedomChooser, May 7, 2005

  3. phstpok

    phstpok Guest

    FreedomChooser wrote:
    > On Sat, 07 May 2005 00:05:52 +1200, phstpok <> wrote:
    >

    > There is not a lot of choice out there unless you go for one of the
    > modern cards and many of these now ask for P4 CPU.
    >
    > So used maybe better bet

    Well, I'll try again in nz.wanted

    cheers

    Rob
    phstpok, May 7, 2005
  4. phstpok

    ~misfit~ Guest

    phstpok wrote:
    > FreedomChooser wrote:
    >> On Sat, 07 May 2005 00:05:52 +1200, phstpok <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >> There is not a lot of choice out there unless you go for one of the
    >> modern cards and many of these now ask for P4 CPU.
    >>
    >> So used maybe better bet
    >>

    > Well, I'll try again in nz.wanted

    I got a second-hand PCI GF2 after looking for quite a while. It cost me $35
    and was by far the cheapest I'd been offered. Maybe going new would be
    better?

    If you're going to go new I'd buy one soon. They're disappearing fast. QMB
    still have a few, starting at GF4 MX400 32MB for $69 + GST.

    http://www.qmb.co.nz/c.aspx?r=38479.5136840857&c=Hardware&s=Video Card&ss=PC

    A lot of PC parts suppliers no longer list them.

    As they vanish the second-hand ones will become more expensive, unless you
    can find one from a 'friend' or someone who doesn't need to realise every
    dollar they can.

    Like, I *sooooo* wish I'd had the money to buy a Duron 1.6Ghz six months ago
    (I have a spare basic Socket A mobo). Now I have the money I can't find one
    anywhere.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, May 7, 2005
  5. phstpok

    Adam Guest

    On Sat, 07 May 2005 11:33:45 +1200, phstpok wrote:

    >FreedomChooser wrote:
    >> On Sat, 07 May 2005 00:05:52 +1200, phstpok <> wrote:
    >>

    >> There is not a lot of choice out there unless you go for one of the
    >> modern cards and many of these now ask for P4 CPU.
    >>
    >> So used maybe better bet
    >>

    >Well, I'll try again in nz.wanted

    Rob - I think any of the older Matrox cards are OK for 2D work. I used
    to have a couple of Milleniums around. If thjey're any use to you ...

    Adam.
    Adam, May 7, 2005
  6. phstpok

    phstpok Guest

    Adam wrote:

    > Rob - I think any of the older Matrox cards are OK for 2D work. I used
    > to have a couple of Milleniums around. If thjey're any use to you ...
    >
    > Adam.

    Would need to be min 16mb to make it worthwhile changing though.

    What models/specs?

    Rob
    phstpok, May 7, 2005
  7. phstpok

    Adam Guest

    On Sat, 07 May 2005 14:38:58 +1200, phstpok wrote:

    >Adam wrote:
    >
    >> Rob - I think any of the older Matrox cards are OK for 2D work. I used
    >> to have a couple of Milleniums around. If thjey're any use to you ...
    >>
    >> Adam.

    >Would need to be min 16mb to make it worthwhile changing though.
    >
    >What models/specs?

    Quite agree - 32Mb should do it. Lemme go through my old spares box.

    I'll get back to you. If they're stuck in some old Linux test machine,
    it could take me longer to find them!

    Adam.
    Adam, May 7, 2005
  8. phstpok

    bAZZ Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > phstpok wrote:
    >> FreedomChooser wrote:
    >>> On Sat, 07 May 2005 00:05:52 +1200, phstpok <>
    >>> wrote:
    >>>

    >>> There is not a lot of choice out there unless you go for one of the
    >>> modern cards and many of these now ask for P4 CPU.
    >>>
    >>> So used maybe better bet
    >>>

    >> Well, I'll try again in nz.wanted

    > I got a second-hand PCI GF2 after looking for quite a while. It cost me
    > $35
    > and was by far the cheapest I'd been offered. Maybe going new would be
    > better?
    >
    > If you're going to go new I'd buy one soon. They're disappearing fast. QMB
    > still have a few, starting at GF4 MX400 32MB for $69 + GST.
    >
    > http://www.qmb.co.nz/c.aspx?r=38479.5136840857&c=Hardware&s=Video Card&ss=PC
    >
    > A lot of PC parts suppliers no longer list them.
    >
    > As they vanish the second-hand ones will become more expensive, unless you
    > can find one from a 'friend' or someone who doesn't need to realise every
    > dollar they can.
    >
    > Like, I *sooooo* wish I'd had the money to buy a Duron 1.6Ghz six months
    > ago
    > (I have a spare basic Socket A mobo). Now I have the money I can't find
    > one
    > anywhere.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    Hey Misfit

    I got one here somewhere. I will have to check the numbers etc to confirm
    but am certain it is 1.6. Drop me a line. Easy addy to despam. I'll go look
    when I get time later.

    bAZZ
    bAZZ, May 10, 2005