    questions.

    Thanks,

    Jim
    JnlSeb, Jan 8, 2004

  2. JnlSeb

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "JnlSeb" <> wrote in
    news:N6cLb.218$:

    > It has been ages since working with "PC Anywhere" and would like to
    > know if there are any new tools with the functionality of PC Anywhere
    > but is more user friendly and supported with Windows XP?
    >
    > I have a friend in another state that needs computer help and would
    > like to use a tool like this to help resolve some issues and answer
    > common questions.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jim

    XP has Netmeeting's Remote Desk Sharing that comes with the O/S that does
    the same thing as pcanywhere. There is another remote desktop tool that is
    on XP too. I don't know the name off hand -- on my way to work.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Jan 8, 2004

  3. JnlSeb

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    http://www.realvnc.org

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    DeMoN LaG, Jan 8, 2004
  4. JnlSeb

    Night_Seer Guest

    DeMoN LaG wrote:
    > "JnlSeb" <> wrote in
    >
    >> I have a friend in another state that needs computer help and would
    >> like to use a tool like this to help resolve some issues and answer
    >> common questions.
    >>
    >> Thanks,

    > http://www.realvnc.org

    or tightvnc as well...i think both are free and don't need monthly
    payments.

    --
    Night_Seer
    Night_Seer, Jan 8, 2004
  5. JnlSeb

    Diehard Guest

    > DeMoN LaG wrote:
    > > "JnlSeb" <> wrote in
    > >
    > >> I have a friend in another state that needs computer help and would
    > >> like to use a tool like this to help resolve some issues and answer
    > >> common questions.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks,

    > > http://www.realvnc.org

    > or tightvnc as well...i think both are free and don't need monthly
    > payments.
    >
    > --
    > Night_Seer

    VNC is also 10 million times slower then remote desktop and pc anywhere. so
    what else is there free that's fast? or not free maybe is ok. I'm looking
    for something too cus remote desktop on my lan has connection problems and
    pdc anywhere 11 is to slow, and VNC is even slower yet.
    Diehard, Jan 8, 2004