    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with
    your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will
    always long to return.

    Tim Buchanan, Mar 7, 2004

  2. Tim Buchanan

    Ray Greene Guest

    On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 16:00:30 +1300, Tim Buchanan <>
    wrote:

    >Hey all,
    >
    >just wondered where i can get a decent newsreader with killfile and all
    >the niceties :)

    Agent from http://www.forteinc.com. Not free but worth paying for.

    Ray Greene.

    Ray Greene, Mar 7, 2004

  3. Nathan Mercer, Mar 7, 2004
  4. Tim Buchanan

    steve Guest

    Tim Buchanan wrote:

    > Hey all,
    >
    > just wondered where i can get a decent newsreader with killfile and all
    > the niceties :)
    >
    > Timbo

    Pan or Knode - I prefer Knode.

    ....They come with pretty much any Linux distro. :)

    steve, Mar 7, 2004
  5. Tim Buchanan

    Julian Visch Guest

    Tim Buchanan wrote:

    > Hey all,
    >
    > just wondered where i can get a decent newsreader with killfile and all
    > the niceties :)

    xrn is good and allows kill files which you can edit to fred* to catch
    all freds if you wished.

    Julian Visch, Mar 7, 2004
  6. Tim Buchanan

    bambam Guest

    Tim Buchanan <> wrote in

    > Hey all,
    >
    > just wondered where i can get a decent newsreader with killfile
    > and all the niceties :)

    Any of these would be OK-

    http://www.pricelessware.org/2004/PL2004INTERNET.htm#Newsreader

    --
    The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the
    right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting

    bambam, Mar 7, 2004
  7. Tim Buchanan

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <Lgw2c.4481$>,
    says...
    > Hey all,
    >
    > just wondered where i can get a decent newsreader with killfile and all
    > the niceties :)

    Gravity

    http://gravity.sf.net/

    Mainlander, Mar 7, 2004
  8. Tim Buchanan

    Mainlander Guest

    Mainlander, Mar 7, 2004
  9. Tim Buchanan

    SteveM Guest

    Tim Buchanan <> wrote in news:Lgw2c.4481$Nc3.70652
    @news.xtra.co.nz:

    > Hey all,
    >
    > just wondered where i can get a decent newsreader with killfile and all
    > the niceties :)
    >
    > Timbo

    Xnews xnews.newsguy.com

    SteveM

    SteveM, Mar 7, 2004
  10. Tim Buchanan

    Lennier Guest

    On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 16:00:30 +1300, Tim Buchanan wrote:

    > Hey all,
    >
    > just wondered where i can get a decent newsreader with killfile and all
    > the niceties :)

    For Linux using a GUI - Pan.
    For Linux using a console - SLRN
    For Windows - Xnews or Agent.
    For the Mac? Dunno.

    Lennier

    --
    Brian Valentine - Microsoft's SVP for Windows development: "We
    really haven't done everything we could to protect our customers. Our

    Lennier, Mar 7, 2004
  11. Tim Buchanan wrote:
    > just wondered where i can get a decent newsreader with killfile and all
    > the niceties :)

    Outlook Express works well :)

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://Dave.net.nz

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Mar 7, 2004
  12. Tim Buchanan

    samg Guest

    SteveM <> wrote in

    >> Timbo

    > Xnews xnews.newsguy.com
    >
    > SteveM

    yep I second that

    samg, Mar 7, 2004
  13. Tim Buchanan

    AD. Guest

    On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 11:09:36 +1300, T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > Tim Buchanan wrote:
    >> just wondered where i can get a decent newsreader with killfile and all
    >> the niceties :)

    > Outlook Express works well :)

    Hehe, I take it you're in one of those moods again Dave?

    :)

    Cheers
    Anton

    AD., Mar 7, 2004
  14. Tim Buchanan

    ~misfit~ Guest

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Tim Buchanan wrote:
    >> just wondered where i can get a decent newsreader with killfile and
    >> all the niceties :)

    > Outlook Express works well :)

    Especially with OEQuotefix installed.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Mar 7, 2004
  15. AD. wrote:
    >>>just wondered where i can get a decent newsreader with killfile and all
    >>>the niceties :)

    >>Outlook Express works well :)

    > Hehe, I take it you're in one of those moods again Dave?

    yep... gotta lighten up mondays any way possible.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://Dave.net.nz

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Mar 7, 2004
  16. Tim Buchanan

    EMB Guest

    "T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in message

    > yep... gotta lighten up mondays any way possible.

    Repeat after me "Marriage is fun, marriage is fun, marriage is fun......"
    Keep repeating it until you believe it (or go right off the idea).
    Or go on a 12 month stag night to lighten up. :)

    EMB

    EMB, Mar 8, 2004