    wouldn't appear to be a VoIP provider themselves.

    Thanks,
    David
    David Floyd, Jun 13, 2006

  2. David Floyd

    Robin Harvey Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 08:49:00 +0100, David Floyd <> wrote:
    A friend has a number 056007xxxxx and he is with Broadband Talk from BT.
    Interestingly you cannot get that number from a Telewest line - they appear to
    have barred it.

    Robin

    Robin Harvey, Jun 13, 2006

  3. David Floyd

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Robin Harvey" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 08:49:00 +0100, David Floyd
    > <> wrote:
    > A friend has a number 056007xxxxx and he is with
    > Broadband Talk from BT. Interestingly you cannot get that
    > number from a Telewest line - they appear to have barred
    > it.

    It's not that they've barred it, they probably haven't enabled it. NTL
    refuse to do so altogether and with NTL and Telewest getting closer by the
    minute it wouldn't surprise me if they're the same in that respect.

    Ivor
    --
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    Ivor Jones, Jun 13, 2006
  4. David Floyd

    Brian A Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:49:57 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >"Robin Harvey" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 08:49:00 +0100, David Floyd
    >> <> wrote:
    >> A friend has a number 056007xxxxx and he is with
    >> Broadband Talk from BT. Interestingly you cannot get that
    >> number from a Telewest line - they appear to have barred
    >> it.

    >It's not that they've barred it, they probably haven't enabled it. NTL
    >refuse to do so altogether and with NTL and Telewest getting closer by the
    >minute it wouldn't surprise me if they're the same in that respect.
    >
    >Ivor

    If you register as a customer with 1899 you should be able to call an
    056 number for the same charge as a standard landline call - namely
    3p/call. That gets round the NTL problem and gives you a cheaper call.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Jun 13, 2006
  5. Thus spaketh Brian A:
    > On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:49:57 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> "Robin Harvey" <> wrote in message
    >>> On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 08:49:00 +0100, David Floyd
    >>> <> wrote:
    >>> A friend has a number 056007xxxxx and he is with
    >>> Broadband Talk from BT. Interestingly you cannot get that
    >>> number from a Telewest line - they appear to have barred
    >>> it.

    >> It's not that they've barred it, they probably haven't enabled it.
    >> NTL refuse to do so altogether and with NTL and Telewest getting
    >> closer by the minute it wouldn't surprise me if they're the same in
    >> that respect.
    >>
    >> Ivor

    > If you register as a customer with 1899 you should be able to call an
    > 056 number for the same charge as a standard landline call - namely
    > 3p/call. That gets round the NTL problem and gives you a cheaper call.
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Using 1899 from a non-BT (via 0808 number) you are charged a per minute
    rate, not the 3p per call.
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jun 13, 2006
  6. David Floyd

    ted_radioham Guest

    I am on NTL and I can dial 0560 numbers no problem so it must be a local
    thing.
    ted_radioham, Jun 13, 2006
  7. David Floyd

    Sean Guest

    David Floyd wrote:
    > Is there any where I can find out which VoIP provider is using 056007xxxxx
    >
    > Ofcom has issued it to Coms Ltd. Can't find anything about them, and
    > wouldn't appear to be a VoIP provider themselves.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > David

    Numbers starting 0560070, 0560071, 0560072, 0560073, 0560074, 0560075
    and 0560076

    Operator: BT
    Sean, Jun 13, 2006
  8. David Floyd

    Moonshine Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 16:49:33 +0100, Sean
    <> wrote:

    >David Floyd wrote:
    >> Is there any where I can find out which VoIP provider is using 056007xxxxx
    >>
    >> Ofcom has issued it to Coms Ltd. Can't find anything about them, and
    >> wouldn't appear to be a VoIP provider themselves.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> David

    >Numbers starting 0560070, 0560071, 0560072, 0560073, 0560074, 0560075
    >and 0560076
    >
    >Operator: BT

    Are other people able to dial BT BBV numbers from T-Mobile?
    Moonshine, Jun 13, 2006
  9. David Floyd

    GwG Guest

    "ted_radioham" <> wrote in message
    >I am on NTL and I can dial 0560 numbers no problem so it must be a
    >local
    > thing.

    A few NTL exchanges have been enabled, but NTL have stated that they are
    not going to enable further exchanges.
    GwG, Jun 13, 2006
  10. David Floyd

    Brian A Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:42:44 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"

    >Thus spaketh Brian A:
    >> On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:49:57 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Robin Harvey" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> It's not that they've barred it, they probably haven't enabled it.
    >>> NTL refuse to do so altogether and with NTL and Telewest getting
    >>> closer by the minute it wouldn't surprise me if they're the same in
    >>> that respect.
    >>>
    >>> Ivor

    >> If you register as a customer with 1899 you should be able to call an
    >> 056 number for the same charge as a standard landline call - namely
    >> 3p/call. That gets round the NTL problem and gives you a cheaper call.
    >> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    >Using 1899 from a non-BT (via 0808 number) you are charged a per minute
    >rate, not the 3p per call.

    You are absolutely correct...sorry about that. Still cheaper than
    Telewest with their 6p connection charge. Now that they have moved
    away from their 'simple' pricing system (TW speak: simple=more
    expensive) they have gone even more simpler for daytime calls, so,
    even if 1899 do charge per minute it's nothing like the charges that
    TW make.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Jun 13, 2006