what need fixing?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ken, May 20, 2004.

  1. Ken

    Ken Guest

    My system has suddenly started to blue screen and dump memory. this happens
    in safe mode also.

    error message

    *** stop: 0x0060000A (0x0284f147), 0x0000002, 0x00000000, 0x8042de20
    IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    *** Address 8042de20 base at 80400000, datestamp 4047db83 - ntoskrn.exe

    this problem seems to have started since I defragged hard drive. not sure if
    this has any relevance

    I have not installed any new software or hardware. it just started
    happening,
    done full system scan with spybot s&d , adaware, anti virus.

    os windows 2000

    I hope I have put enough info down

    thanks in advance for any help provided.
    Ken, May 20, 2004

  2. Ken

    Guest Guest

    Ken wrote:

    > My system has suddenly started to blue screen and dump memory. this
    > happens in safe mode also.
    >
    > error message
    >
    > *** stop: 0x0060000A (0x0284f147), 0x0000002, 0x00000000, 0x8042de20
    > IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    > *** Address 8042de20 base at 80400000, datestamp 4047db83 - ntoskrn.exe
    >
    > this problem seems to have started since I defragged hard drive. not sure
    > if this has any relevance
    >
    > I have not installed any new software or hardware. it just started
    > happening,
    > done full system scan with spybot s&d , adaware, anti virus.
    >
    > os windows 2000
    >
    > I hope I have put enough info down
    >
    > thanks in advance for any help provided.

    What Microsoft says:

    The Stop 0xA message indicates that a kernel-mode process or driver
    attempted to access a memory location to which it did not have permission,
    or at a kernel interrupt request level (IRQL) that was too high. A
    kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower
    than, or equal to, its own. This Stop message is typically due to faulty or
    incompatible hardware or software.

    What you should do:

    Go to your local computer store, or online, and buy a copy of SuSE Linux
    9.1. After installation, it should fix all of your windows related problems.

    --
    A fatal exception 0E has occurred at 0028:C000BD1D in VXD VMM(01) +
    0000AD1D. The current application will be terminated.
    Guest, May 20, 2004