    --

    Nick
    A+, Network+, MCP

    Nick, Jul 26, 2003

  2. Nick

    MaioCampo Guest

    Got the 4th edition AIO A+ book by Mr. Meyers... I've studied it through
    twice and am on a third go. Taken all the tests inside and do pretty good.
    Taken all the tests on the given cd and do pretty good. Gone to several
    websites, like, but not exclusively, freecomptia... taken all their tests
    and do pretty good.

    But I'm still nervous. Heh, heh.

    I have built and serviced a few computers over the past few years... but
    only have experience with Win 98. No copy of Win 2000 or XP handy to play
    with... so I'm basically having to wing it a bit on the OS portion which is
    making me nervous.

    The reason I'm nervous is that the questions seem to be all the same...
    comparing the book with the free practice tests I've taken. Is this
    certification really that easy? I'm not getting perfect scores... but for
    someone who really hasn't gotten dirty with the innerds of a computer or
    operating systems it seems too easy. Just don't want to get ambushed come
    test time... Aug 4th.

    MaioCampo, Jul 26, 2003

  3. Hi...
    Don't underestimate the test... For the HW part, do a lot af
    troubleshooting, and memorize all about laserprinters... Remember DMA, IRQ's
    and most important there will be some graphics on the test. They are of a
    poor quality. Memorize the difference (recognize) between AT & ATX mobo's.
    For the OS part - which is much more difficult. Memorize the difference
    between NT and Win 2K. On the test I wrote monday this week, there was 5 Q's
    on NT. Memorize the different boot-modes, and what they do, in ALL Windows
    OS's. Practice a lot in different menu's in Win 9x and Win 2K. Memorize the
    most important keyboard shortcuts. Finally, know how to connect to network
    in Win 2K (protocols and so on), and know your DOS!!!!!
    Hope this helps.
    Good luck to you when writing the exam.
    Regards:
    René from Denmark
    (A+)

    René Nielsen, Jul 26, 2003
  4. Nick

    Pikoro Guest

    Great post. Some people tend to scorn the test and their advice is
    responsible for miserable failures.

    Pikoro, Jul 26, 2003