    work is not consistent?
    What makes a good Tech?

    PK
    Paul Kersey, May 6, 2005

  2. Paul Kersey wrote:
    > Got talked into a short-term project recently that required a skill
    > set I as yet don't have. Recruiter was anxious to get the postion
    > filled. It was pretty humilating. (Basically, got kicked from the
    > project.)
    > The thing that really got me, was the hit my confidence took. Since I
    > got my A+/Network+ work has been piece meal and not always in the
    > same areas. Experience seems to be hard to come by or maybe I'm not
    > trying hard enough.
    >
    > What's a good way to keep the skills sharp and confidence high, when
    > the work is not consistent?
    > What makes a good Tech?

    A functioning brain, as a start.
    --
    - Frank DeLucca -

    MS-MPV
    Frank DeLucca, MS-MPV, May 7, 2005

  3. Paul Kersey

    Wizard Guest

    A sharp mind that is willing to learn and keep learning. Read ..Read
    ....Read and read some more.
    No one has all the answers. I've been in similar circumstances (I work
    for myself [alone]) and sometomes I just have to say "I don't know". It
    hurts at first but as humility grows it gets easier all the time ......
    It's especially tough for older guys like me because the mind ain't so
    sharp and the memory databanks seem full. Stick with what you know and
    integrate the pieces you don't know along the way.
    Hope that helps (a little bit)

    Wizard, May 12, 2005