    Running XP. ...2.6 Mhz....1.5 Gig of memory...
    Ran Ad-Aware - No problems , Nod32 and Kaspersky - No problems
    THanks ....BC

    BC, Nov 23, 2004

  2. BC

    SwissTony Guest

    "BC" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Have had a problem with a couple of games.. You can play them for
    > a while and then they will shut down automatically and reside in the
    > task bar. Once you click on them in the task bar they come back up
    > on the screen and you can continue playing..
    > Running XP. ...2.6 Mhz....1.5 Gig of memory...
    > Ran Ad-Aware - No problems , Nod32 and Kaspersky - No problems
    > THanks ....BC

    Sometimes another program will open in the background which can minimise it.
    Could it be your antivirus's updating????

    SwissTony, Nov 23, 2004

  3. BC

    Paul - xxx Guest

    BC vaguely muttered something like ...
    > Have had a problem with a couple of games.. You can play them for
    > a while and then they will shut down automatically and reside in the
    > task bar. Once you click on them in the task bar they come back up
    > on the screen and you can continue playing..
    > Running XP. ...2.6 Mhz....1.5 Gig of memory...
    > Ran Ad-Aware - No problems , Nod32 and Kaspersky - No problems
    > THanks ....BC

    Other apps in the background, AV, dial-up, Scheduler etc etc .. ;)

    Best way to play games is to end task everything that you're not using, so
    that the game has 'everything' available for it's sole use.

    I use a program called EndItAll2 to kill all running apps before I play
    games. ;)

    --
    Paul ...
    (8(|) Homer Rules !!!

    Paul - xxx, Nov 23, 2004
  4. BC

    Rob Beech Guest

    "BC" <> wrote in message
    > Have had a problem with a couple of games.. You can play them for
    > a while and then they will shut down automatically and reside in the
    > task bar. Once you click on them in the task bar they come back up
    > on the screen and you can continue playing..
    > Running XP. ...2.6 Mhz....1.5 Gig of memory...
    > Ran Ad-Aware - No problems , Nod32 and Kaspersky - No problems
    > THanks ....BC

    MSN messenger will do this with SOME programs.
    If someone sends you a message it will make this priority..

    Rob Beech, Nov 23, 2004
  5. BC

    Steve F Guest

    a friend of mine had a similar problem last week with his new PC.Took
    the PC back to seller who swapped the processor and problem was fixed.

    Steve F, Nov 23, 2004
  6. BC

    Guest

    On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 08:49:59 GMT, BC <> wrote:

    |> Have had a problem with a couple of games.. You can play them for
    |> a while and then they will shut down automatically and reside in the
    |> task bar. Once you click on them in the task bar they come back up
    |> on the screen and you can continue playing..
    |> Running XP. ...2.6 Mhz....1.5 Gig of memory...
    |> Ran Ad-Aware - No problems , Nod32 and Kaspersky - No problems
    |> THanks ....BC

    If you happen to hit the WinKey by accident it will do the same thing.
    It's easy to do in games as it's stuck between the Alt and Ctrl keys.

    , Nov 23, 2004