What life changing moments,do you wish you had photographed muchbetter and why ?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Brian, Dec 17, 2008.

  1. Brian

    Brian Guest

    Re: What life changing moments,do you wish you had photographed much better and why ?

    A unusual question Colin, I wonder why you ask this question. Maybe
    you can start the ball rolling by telling us of a life-changing moment
    that you have experienced.

    Regards Brian

    Colin, Dec 18, 2008

  3. Brian

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Dec 18, 5:31 am, Clive Baxter <> wrote:
    >People can't live without myth, it's a requirement of the species.
    >Religion myths die, money myths die, nationalism myths die ...
    >what shall they all psychotically worship next ...

    Canon!
    Annika1980, Dec 18, 2008
  4. Brian

    Thomas True Guest

    John Navas wrote:
    > Sounds like a homework assignment.
    >
    > On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 10:30:54 +1200, Brian <> wrote in
    > <>:
    >
    >> A unusual question Colin, I wonder why you ask this question. Maybe
    >> you can start the ball rolling by telling us of a life-changing moment
    >> that you have experienced.
    >>
    >> Regards Brian
    >>
    >> Colin <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> What (serious or humorous) past or present life-changing moments
    >>> you've experienced so far, would you most like to have (or have had)
    >>> professionally captured on film properly or much better, that for some
    >>> reason you didn't, or if you did or anyone did so for you, it was done
    >>> in a very mediocre manner for some reason and please say why, for
    >>> anything mentioned.

    I was in an ice storm taking pictures for a newspaper I was working for
    and I heard a loud Crack. I put my camera to my eye and shot two shots.

    First was the sparks flying and the second was the wire whipping away
    from the transformer. This was film. I had to wait until power was
    restored 2 says later to see what I got. it is one of my favorite
    "lucky" shots.

    http://home.swbell.net/nftrue/pages/explosion.htm
    Thomas True, Dec 18, 2008
  5. Brian

    Nervous Nick Guest

    On Dec 18, 3:08 am, Colin <> wrote:
    > What (serious or humorous) past or present life-changing moments
    > you've experienced so far, would you most like to have (or have had)
    > professionally captured on film properly or much better, that for some
    > reason you didn't, or if you did or anyone did so for you, it was done
    > in a very mediocre manner for some reason and please say why, for
    > anything mentioned.

    I really wish someone had gotten a proper photo of my dismembered
    carcass after I was run over by the commuter train that one time. The
    cell phone photos at rotten dot com just don't do justice to the
    event.

    I hope that, next time that happens, there's someone with a decent
    dslr and a good eye for detail to capture the moment.

    --
    YOP...
    Nervous Nick, Dec 19, 2008
  6. Brian

    Sue Guest

    On Dec 19 2008, 11:45 am, Nervous Nick <> wrote:
    > On Dec 18, 3:08 am, Colin <> wrote:
    >
    > > What (serious or humorous) past or present life-changing moments
    > > you've experienced so far, would you most like to have (or have had)
    > > professionally captured on film properly or much better, that for some
    > > reason you didn't, or if you did or anyone did so for you, it was done
    > > in a very mediocre manner for some reason and please say why, for
    > > anything mentioned.

    This sounds like a competition question I've read today and I'll copy
    it here "Tell us in 25 words or less what life-changing moment, past
    or present, you would like to capture on film and why"

    The winner will have Jasin Boland fly to winner’s nearest capital city
    and photograph the winner, capturing the different episodes in their
    life... with family, children and pets. This session is valued at
    $5000. The lucky winner will also receive a Nikon D90 digital SLR
    camera, total prize value is $7000.

    How odd that the question seems so similar. Wouldn't it be lovely to
    win the Nikon D90 digital SLR camera.
    Cheers, Sue
    Sue, Jan 8, 2009
  7. Brian

    the Omrud Guest

    Sue wrote:

    > This sounds like a competition question I've read today and I'll copy
    > it here "Tell us in 25 words or less what life-changing moment, past
    > or present, you would like to capture on film and why"
    >
    > The winner will have Jasin Boland fly to winner’s nearest capital city
    > and photograph the winner, capturing the different episodes in their
    > life... with family, children and pets. This session is valued at
    > $5000. The lucky winner will also receive a Nikon D90 digital SLR
    > camera, total prize value is $7000.

    How strange. Why would I want to have myself and my family photographed
    in a city hundreds of miles away from my home, and which I almost never
    visit?

    --
    David
    the Omrud, Jan 8, 2009
  8. Brian

    tony cooper Guest

    Re: What life changing moments,do you wish you had photographed much better and why ?

    On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 09:56:16 GMT, the Omrud
    <> wrote:

    >Sue wrote:
    >
    >> This sounds like a competition question I've read today and I'll copy
    >> it here "Tell us in 25 words or less what life-changing moment, past
    >> or present, you would like to capture on film and why"
    >>
    >> The winner will have Jasin Boland fly to winner’s nearest capital city
    >> and photograph the winner, capturing the different episodes in their
    >> life... with family, children and pets. This session is valued at
    >> $5000. The lucky winner will also receive a Nikon D90 digital SLR
    >> camera, total prize value is $7000.

    >How strange. Why would I want to have myself and my family photographed
    >in a city hundreds of miles away from my home, and which I almost never
    >visit?

    To boink? (In-joke)

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Jan 8, 2009
  9. Brian

    the Omrud Guest

    tony cooper wrote:
    > On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 09:56:16 GMT, the Omrud
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Sue wrote:
    >>
    >>> This sounds like a competition question I've read today and I'll copy
    >>> it here "Tell us in 25 words or less what life-changing moment, past
    >>> or present, you would like to capture on film and why"
    >>>
    >>> The winner will have Jasin Boland fly to winner’s nearest capital city
    >>> and photograph the winner, capturing the different episodes in their
    >>> life... with family, children and pets. This session is valued at
    >>> $5000. The lucky winner will also receive a Nikon D90 digital SLR
    >>> camera, total prize value is $7000.

    >> How strange. Why would I want to have myself and my family photographed
    >> in a city hundreds of miles away from my home, and which I almost never
    >> visit?

    > To boink? (In-joke)

    Good grief, certainly not. I have never taken any of my family on a boink.

    --
    David
    the Omrud, Jan 8, 2009
  10. the Omrud wrote:
    > tony cooper wrote:
    >> On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 09:56:16 GMT, the Omrud
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> How strange. Why would I want to have myself and my family
    >>> photographed in a city hundreds of miles away from my home, and which
    >>> I almost never visit?

    >> To boink? (In-joke)

    > Good grief, certainly not. I have never taken any of my family on a boink.

    Curious now about the "nearest capital city". Does that mean if the
    winner lives in Eastern Central California he has to go to Nevada's
    capital, Carson City, instead of Sacramento, the capital city of
    California? What if there's no air service to the desginated capital
    city? Does the capital city have to have a capitol?

    Does Jasin use a compact camera or DSLR? Brand? If the winner "will
    have" said Jasin fly to ....anywhere, nearest of not.....why should he
    or she have to bear the cost?

    --

    john mcwilliams
    John McWilliams, Jan 8, 2009
  11. Brian

    Scott W Guest

    On Jan 8, 5:55 am, John McWilliams <> wrote:
    > the Omrud wrote:
    > > tony cooper wrote:

    > >> To boink?  (In-joke)

    > > Good grief, certainly not.  I have never taken any of my family on a boink.

    > Curious now about the "nearest capital city".  Does that mean if the
    > winner lives in Eastern Central California he has to go to Nevada's
    > capital, Carson City, instead of Sacramento, the capital city of
    > California? What if there's no air service to the desginated capital
    > city? Does the capital city have to have a capitol?
    >
    > Does Jasin use a compact camera or DSLR? Brand? If the winner "will
    > have" said Jasin fly to ....anywhere, nearest of not.....why should he
    > or she have to bear the cost?

    If you are in California you are out of luck anyway, the only two
    countries that are covered are Australia and New Zealand.

    http://www.madisonmag.com.au/Content.aspx?id=6844

    --

    Scott
    Scott W, Jan 8, 2009
  12. Brian

    the Omrud Guest

    Scott W wrote:
    > On Jan 8, 5:55 am, John McWilliams <> wrote:
    >> the Omrud wrote:
    >>> Good grief, certainly not. I have never taken any of my family on a boink.

    >> Curious now about the "nearest capital city". Does that mean if the
    >> winner lives in Eastern Central California he has to go to Nevada's
    >> capital, Carson City, instead of Sacramento, the capital city of
    >> California? What if there's no air service to the desginated capital
    >> city? Does the capital city have to have a capitol?
    >>
    >> Does Jasin use a compact camera or DSLR? Brand? If the winner "will
    >> have" said Jasin fly to ....anywhere, nearest of not.....why should he
    >> or she have to bear the cost?

    > If you are in California you are out of luck anyway, the only two
    > countries that are covered are Australia and New Zealand.
    >
    > http://www.madisonmag.com.au/Content.aspx?id=6844

    Oh. I was going to point out that although I'm in England, I'm a lot
    closer to Dublin and Cardiff than to London. Golly, look at that, I'm
    about equidistant from the capitals of Wales and Ireland, and also (a
    different) equidistant from the capitals of England and Scotland.

    --
    David
    the Omrud, Jan 8, 2009
  13. Brian

    tony cooper Guest

    Re: What life changing moments,do you wish you had photographed much better and why ?

    On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 15:08:25 GMT, the Omrud
    <> wrote:

    >tony cooper wrote:
    >> On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 09:56:16 GMT, the Omrud
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> How strange. Why would I want to have myself and my family photographed
    >>> in a city hundreds of miles away from my home, and which I almost never
    >>> visit?

    >> To boink? (In-joke)

    >Good grief, certainly not. I have never taken any of my family on a boink.

    I think your family would be both allowed and welcomed, but I do
    suggest prior clearance for the pet.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Jan 8, 2009
  14. Brian

    DT Guest

    the Omrud wrote:
    > Scott W wrote:
    >>> Curious now about the "nearest capital city". Does that mean if the
    >>> winner lives in Eastern Central California he has to go to Nevada's
    >>> capital, Carson City, instead of Sacramento, the capital city of
    >>> California? What if there's no air service to the desginated capital
    >>> city? Does the capital city have to have a capitol?
    >>>
    >>> Does Jasin use a compact camera or DSLR? Brand? If the winner "will
    >>> have" said Jasin fly to ....anywhere, nearest of not.....why should he
    >>> or she have to bear the cost?

    >> If you are in California you are out of luck anyway, the only two
    >> countries that are covered are Australia and New Zealand.
    >>
    >> http://www.madisonmag.com.au/Content.aspx?id=6844

    > Oh. I was going to point out that although I'm in England, I'm a lot
    > closer to Dublin and Cardiff than to London. Golly, look at that, I'm
    > about equidistant from the capitals of Wales and Ireland, and also (a
    > different) equidistant from the capitals of England and Scotland.

    I'll bet you're also about equidistant from the capitals of Australia
    and New Zealand. At least in practical terms. ;-)

    DT
    DT, Jan 8, 2009
  15. Brian

    the Omrud Guest

    DT wrote:
    > the Omrud wrote:
    >
    >> Oh. I was going to point out that although I'm in England, I'm a lot
    >> closer to Dublin and Cardiff than to London. Golly, look at that, I'm
    >> about equidistant from the capitals of Wales and Ireland, and also (a
    >> different) equidistant from the capitals of England and Scotland.

    > I'll bet you're also about equidistant from the capitals of Australia
    > and New Zealand. At least in practical terms. ;-)

    True.

    --
    David
    the Omrud, Jan 8, 2009