    Jim Guest

    How do I find out what kind of memory my PC has in order to
    buy some more? Can I find out using XP?

    Jim, Nov 7, 2003

  2. Jim

    rifleman Guest

    Go to www.crucial.com and check your pc against their database.

    rifleman, Nov 7, 2003

  3. Jim

    slumpy Guest

    With a rumble and a belch Jim decided to put the World to rights with this
    little speech from the heart...

    www.belarc.com
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Nov 7, 2003
  4. Jim

    Ed Mullikin Guest

    If you are using XP you can go to the following: Start/Accessories/System
    Tools/System Information. In the table that you will see on your screen
    about 2/3 of the way down "Total Physical Memory" will be listed. That will
    tell you how much you have.

    Ed Mullikin, Nov 7, 2003
  5. Jim

    Jim Guest

    thanks!

    Jim, Nov 7, 2003
  6. Jim

    Billh Guest

    He wanted to know what kind of memory he had not how much. Even so to find
    out how much memory he had you sure ran him around to find out when all he
    had to do was right click my computer and go to properties. Or even better
    hold the windows key and the Pause Break key.

    Billh, Nov 8, 2003
  7. Jim

    Computer Guy Guest

    Hello,
    Download and install Aida32. The enterprise edition (free) tells you
    everything about the computer. I mean
    everything. Get it here: http://www.aida32.hu/aida-download.php?bit=32
    Computer Guy

    Computer Guy, Nov 8, 2003
  8. Jim

    RooPar

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    He wanted to know what kind of memory he had not how much.

    Exactly!
    So how do you find out what kind. I've been given 1GB DDR2 DIMM, 240 pin. How do I tell if I can use it on my laptop?

    RooPar, Feb 18, 2008