    Knut Willy

    Sendt med M2 - Operas revolusjonerende e-postprogram:
    http://www.opera.com/m2/
    Knut Willy, Mar 15, 2005

  2. Knut Willy

    Old Gringo Guest

    Knut Willy wrote:
    > Not ironically meant.
    > BUT - is this a 24hour helpdesk for "Opera" - or for any topic?

    Anything you desire. Someone will have an answer for you.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life
    Old Gringo, Mar 15, 2005

  3. Knut Willy

    Knut Willy Guest

    På Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:27:30 GMT, skrev Old Gringo
    <>:

    > Knut Willy wrote:
    >> Not ironically meant.
    >> BUT - is this a 24hour helpdesk for "Opera" - or for any topic?
    >>

    > Anything you desire. Someone will have an answer for you.

    _____________ o ________________

    I intended to come up with "Opera" software related questions.
    But as I realize this is not the hotline to the "Opera" software house,
    then I am not sure what to do.

    Well here goes:
    1. I am a fully paid user of Opera 7.54, but just today came this popup
    saying something like "Be a member and get rid of annoying advertising
    popups". It was gone for a long time, but today.....

    2. I've tried to look for info on Opera's Search-and-find function. It
    doesn't seem logical.

    Knut Willy, Mar 15, 2005
  4. Knut Willy wrote:
    > Not ironically meant.
    > BUT - is this a 24hour helpdesk for "Opera" - or for any topic?

    This group is a combination of Keystone Kops, Abbot and Costello,
    Benny Hill, and every turgid soap opera you can think of. It's a
    combination of real life and fantasy, with a blend of sex and
    violence. Ask your question, and you'll get answers, smart, stupid,
    smart-assed, and otherwise.

    --
    Higgy
    The Right Honourable Edwin P. Higglesthwaite, Mar 15, 2005
  5. Knut Willy

    Old Gringo Guest

    Knut Willy wrote:
    > På Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:27:30 GMT, skrev Old Gringo
    > <>:
    >
    >> Knut Willy wrote:
    >>
    >>> Not ironically meant.
    >>> BUT - is this a 24hour helpdesk for "Opera" - or for any topic?
    >>>

    >> Anything you desire. Someone will have an answer for you.
    >>

    > _____________ o ________________
    >
    > I intended to come up with "Opera" software related questions.
    > But as I realize this is not the hotline to the "Opera" software
    > house, then I am not sure what to do.
    >
    > Well here goes:
    > 1. I am a fully paid user of Opera 7.54, but just today came this
    > popup saying something like "Be a member and get rid of annoying
    > advertising popups". It was gone for a long time, but today.....
    >
    > 2. I've tried to look for info on Opera's Search-and-find function.
    > It doesn't seem logical.

    I am sure someone will be able to help you here, unfortunately I can
    not. I might suggest you repost the last with a new subject line,
    like Opera Browser Help or something to that effect. Good luck.

    Old Gringo, Mar 15, 2005
  6. Knut Willy

    Vanguard Guest

    "Knut Willy" <> wrote in message
    > Not ironically meant.
    > BUT - is this a 24hour helpdesk for "Opera" - or for any topic?
    >
    > --
    > Knut Willy
    >
    > Sendt med M2 - Operas revolusjonerende e-postprogram:
    > http://www.opera.com/m2/

    Opera, as an NNTP client, doesn't let you specify a partial string on
    which to search for newsgroups (that your particular NNTP carries)? I
    entered "opera" in OE and there were lots of newsgroups with "opera" in
    them (I use Giganews for my NNTP server), like "opera.mail+news". You
    might find other more active opera newsgroups.

    I suspect your questions are that of a newbie user since you didn't even
    look at their home page of their web site to find the support pages to
    their very own online community (i.e., their own forum), plus Opera has
    its own NNTP server for their own newsgroups. You can do it. Just
    visit their home page, hover the mouse over the Support link in the
    menubar, and click on Communities. You'll find their online forums and
    how to use their NNTP for newsgroups. You'll definitely find a group of
    users far more focused and experienced on the Opera browser.

    Vanguard, Mar 15, 2005
  7. Knut Willy

    soup Guest

    Knut Willy popped their head over the parapet saw what was going on and
    said
    > Not ironically meant.
    > BUT - is this a 24hour helpdesk for "Opera" - or for any topic?

    This NG is for any and all questions regarding anything.
    Mainly the questions are computer related but someone will
    know whatever you ask about, some get very upset if you
    don't try and find the answer to the problem yourself first via
    Googling, or don't give enough information of the problem.
    It is a bit like shouting out your question on a bus, you will
    get some lewd replies, some abusive replies, but in among
    all the dross there will be someone who knows the answer.
    The trick is knowing what is the answer and what is a pile
    of **** and who's advice to follow and who will shout out
    an answer but be 'wrong'.

    --
    yours S

    soup, Mar 15, 2005
  8. Knut Willy

    neville Guest

    Its not any kind of helpdesk its an abuse desk.
    Ask a question, get abuse.

    neville, Mar 15, 2005
  9. Knut Willy

    Tezza Guest

    "neville" <> wrote in message
    > Its not any kind of helpdesk its an abuse desk.
    > Ask a question, get abuse.

    oh, shut up
    Tezza, Mar 15, 2005
  10. Knut Willy

    Guest

    On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:34:51 GMT, "Knut Willy" <> wrote:

    |> 1. I am a fully paid user of Opera 7.54, but just today came this popup
    |> saying something like "Be a member and get rid of annoying advertising
    |> popups". It was gone for a long time, but today.....

    In Opera Menu > register Opera
    Put your number in (again). Making sure your name and company are
    correct.

    --
    , Mar 15, 2005
  11. On 15 Mar 2005, neville scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Its not any kind of helpdesk its an abuse desk.
    > Ask a question, get abuse.

    Only in the case of fuckwits such as yourself.

    snip

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    I felt bad because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet. I
    The Old Sourdough, Mar 15, 2005
  12. Knut Willy

    Guest

    On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 17:34:32 GMT, wrote:

    |> In Opera Menu > register Opera
    |> Put your number in (again). Making sure your name and company are
    |> correct.

    Shoot, Opera Menu, Help > register Opera

    --
    , Mar 15, 2005
  13. Knut Willy

    Evan Platt Guest

    wrote:

    >Well here goes:
    >1. I am a fully paid user of Opera 7.54, but just today came this popup
    >saying something like "Be a member and get rid of annoying advertising
    >popups". It was gone for a long time, but today.....

    Sounds more like a pop-up spam than a "Register Opera" thing.

    >2. I've tried to look for info on Opera's Search-and-find function. It
    >doesn't seem logical.

    I don't believe it's from Opera. What site were you on? Do you have
    pop-ups enabled?
    Evan Platt, Mar 15, 2005
  14. Knut Willy

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:34:51 GMT, Knut Willy wrote:

    >På Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:27:30 GMT, skrev Old Gringo
    ><>:
    >
    >> Knut Willy wrote:
    >>> Not ironically meant.
    >>> BUT - is this a 24hour helpdesk for "Opera" - or for any topic?
    >>>

    >> Anything you desire. Someone will have an answer for you.
    >>

    >_____________ o ________________
    >
    >I intended to come up with "Opera" software related questions.
    >But as I realize this is not the hotline to the "Opera" software house,
    >then I am not sure what to do.

    Try

    Help | Opera on the Web | Support
    http://www.opera.com/support/

    Help | Opera on the Web | Community
    http://my.opera.com/community/

    >Well here goes:
    >1. I am a fully paid user of Opera 7.54, but just today came this popup

    Check the Help | About Opera screen
    for the registration info.

    Press F12 and use the block popup options, get a firewall and block
    everything and open ports / allow apps as you need.

    >saying something like "Be a member and get rid of annoying advertising
    >popups". It was gone for a long time, but today.....

    The text in the title bar of the popup was what?

    Never had one of those in Opera, for Opera itself.

    >2. I've tried to look for info on Opera's Search-and-find function. It
    >doesn't seem logical.

    What isn't logical, looking for info or the search and find?

    Never used it, or do you just mean Edit | Find?

    Me
    why?, Mar 15, 2005
  15. Knut Willy

    Knut Willy Guest

    På Tue, 15 Mar 2005 16:51:09 -0000, skrev neville <>:

    > Its not any kind of helpdesk its an abuse desk.
    > Ask a question, get abuse.
    > "Knut Willy" <> wrote in message
    >> Not ironically meant.
    >> BUT - is this a 24hour helpdesk for "Opera" - or for any topic?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Knut Willy
    >>
    >> Sendt med M2 - Operas revolusjonerende e-postprogram:
    >> http://www.opera.com/m2/

    --------------- 0 o 0 ------------------

    Here is the 64,000 dollar question:
    Has England still that old fashioned Pound - shilling - pence,
    or has her Majesty converted to EURO ??

    Knut Willy, Mar 15, 2005
  16. Knut Willy

    jda^fx Guest

    On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 20:07:25 GMT, Knut Willy wrote in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > På Tue, 15 Mar 2005 16:51:09 -0000, skrev neville <>:
    >
    >> Its not any kind of helpdesk its an abuse desk.
    >> Ask a question, get abuse.
    >> "Knut Willy" <> wrote in message
    >>> Not ironically meant.
    >>> BUT - is this a 24hour helpdesk for "Opera" - or for any topic?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Knut Willy
    >>>
    >>> Sendt med M2 - Operas revolusjonerende e-postprogram:
    >>> http://www.opera.com/m2/

    > --------------- 0 o 0 ------------------
    >
    > Here is the 64,000 dollar question:
    > Has England still that old fashioned Pound - shilling - pence,
    > or has her Majesty converted to EURO ??

    I think you will be able to call that the 64,000 Pound question for
    quite some time.
    --
    jda^fx
    jda^fx, Mar 15, 2005
  17. Knut Willy wrote:

    > Not ironically meant.
    > BUT - is this a 24hour helpdesk for "Opera" - or for any topic?

    I'm wondering why would you think it's got anything to do with Opera.
    Is OperaMail now coming with the group already subscribed? Seems like
    with the existence of various Opera-specific groups, they'd point you
    to a few of those, where you'd get the most help.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
    Blinky the Shark, Mar 15, 2005
  18. Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:34:51 GMT, "Knut Willy" <>
    > wrote:

    >>Well here goes:
    >>1. I am a fully paid user of Opera 7.54, but just today came this popup
    >>saying something like "Be a member and get rid of annoying advertising
    >>popups". It was gone for a long time, but today.....

    > Sounds more like a pop-up spam than a "Register Opera" thing.

    I agree -- I've never seen a *popup* from Opera. Granted, I'm still
    running 7.23, but I've never heard of any, either. They just put ads
    in the permanent ad space at the end of the toolbar.

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 15, 2005
  19. Knut Willy

    Knut Willy Guest

    På Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:34:22 GMT, skrev soup <>:

    > Knut Willy popped their head over the parapet saw what was going on and
    > said
    >> Not ironically meant.
    >> BUT - is this a 24hour helpdesk for "Opera" - or for any topic?

    > This NG is for any and all questions regarding anything.
    > Mainly the questions are computer related but someone will
    > know whatever you ask about, some get very upset if you
    > don't try and find the answer to the problem yourself first via
    > Googling, or don't give enough information of the problem.
    > It is a bit like shouting out your question on a bus, you will
    > get some lewd replies, some abusive replies, but in among
    > all the dross there will be someone who knows the answer.
    > The trick is knowing what is the answer and what is a pile
    > of **** and who's advice to follow and who will shout out
    > an answer but be 'wrong'.

    ________________________

    thanks for your reply, "soup" !! (What a hilarious name!)
    I'll take a bus ride to Oslo tomorrow, and shout out that question there
    and then.

    Knut Willy, Mar 16, 2005
  20. Knut Willy

    Knut Willy Guest

    På Tue, 15 Mar 2005 08:44:31 -0600, skrev Vanguard <use_ReplyTo_header>:

    > "Knut Willy" <> wrote in message
    >> Not ironically meant.
    >> BUT - is this a 24hour helpdesk for "Opera" - or for any topic?
    >>
    >> -- Knut Willy
    >>
    >> Sendt med M2 - Operas revolusjonerende e-postprogram:
    >> http://www.opera.com/m2/

    > Opera, as an NNTP client, doesn't let you specify a partial string on
    > which to search for newsgroups (that your particular NNTP carries)? I
    > entered "opera" in OE and there were lots of newsgroups with "opera" in
    > them (I use Giganews for my NNTP server), like "opera.mail+news". You
    > might find other more active opera newsgroups.
    >
    > I suspect your questions are that of a newbie user since you didn't even
    > look at their home page of their web site to find the support pages to
    > their very own online community (i.e., their own forum), plus Opera has
    > its own NNTP server for their own newsgroups. You can do it. Just
    > visit their home page, hover the mouse over the Support link in the
    > menubar, and click on Communities. You'll find their online forums and
    > how to use their NNTP for newsgroups. You'll definitely find a group of
    > users far more focused and experienced on the Opera browser.

    Yes Vanguard. Correct guess. A newbie here.

    Knut Willy, Mar 16, 2005