    I went to a website and it said that a program called XNview will open the
    file but apparently it doesn't.

    Thanks for the help.

    Bud Light, Jul 3, 2005

  2. Bud Light

    PanHandler Guest

    "Bud Light" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a Canon A75 and everytime I download my pictures from my camera to
    >my
    > computer it would only download the JPEGS. I recently had to reinstall my
    > operating system. After I did this I noticed that for every folder
    > containing my pictures there is an added file called ZBThumbnail.info.
    > This
    > file never used to be there.

    I'll be interested in the answers. I had the same issue, but after
    reinstalling Win XP, it hasn't recurred.

    PanHandler, Jul 3, 2005

  3. Bud Light

    Celcius Guest

    Does it have something to do with the Zoombrowser?
    Personally, I don't install the "goodies" that come with Canon, except the
    Wia driver.
    Marcel

    Celcius, Jul 3, 2005
  4. Bud Light

    PanHandler Guest

    "Celcius" <> wrote in message
    > Does it have something to do with the Zoombrowser?
    > Personally, I don't install the "goodies" that come with Canon, except the
    > Wia driver.
    > Marcel
    >
    > "PanHandler" <> wrote in message

    >> I'll be interested in the answers. I had the same issue, but after
    >> reinstalling Win XP, it hasn't recurred.

    Bet that's it! I didn't reload Zoom Browser this time, and mebbe that's why
    I don't see it anymore.

    PanHandler, Jul 3, 2005
  5. Bud Light

    Bud Light Guest

    "Jim Townsend" <> wrote in message
    > Bud Light wrote:
    >
    > > I have a Canon A75 and everytime I download my pictures from my camera

    to my
    > > computer it would only download the JPEGS. I recently had to reinstall

    my
    > > operating system. After I did this I noticed that for every folder
    > > containing my pictures there is an added file called ZBThumbnail.info.

    This
    > > file never used to be there.
    > >
    > > Does anyone know what the purpose of this file is and how it is used? Or

    can
    > > I just delete it.

    > Canon's ZoomBrowser EX software creates the zbThumbnail.info files.
    > The files are *always* there but normally they're hidden..
    >
    > These hidden files obviously got 'unhidden' by something that
    > happened during the reinstall you did.

    That makes perfect sense to me. Alot of my files had their statuses changed
    from archive to read-only to hidden to unhidden. I'll try to find a way to
    hide them.

    Bud Light, Jul 3, 2005
  6. Bud Light

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Jim Townsend, Jul 3, 2005
  7. Bud Light

    Bud Light Guest

    "Bud Light" <> wrote in message

    > "Jim Townsend" <> wrote in message
    > > Bud Light wrote:
    > >
    > > > I have a Canon A75 and everytime I download my pictures from my camera

    > to my
    > > > computer it would only download the JPEGS. I recently had to reinstall

    > my
    > > > operating system. After I did this I noticed that for every folder
    > > > containing my pictures there is an added file called ZBThumbnail.info.

    > This
    > > > file never used to be there.
    > > >
    > > > Does anyone know what the purpose of this file is and how it is used?

    Or
    > can
    > > > I just delete it.

    > > Canon's ZoomBrowser EX software creates the zbThumbnail.info files.
    > > The files are *always* there but normally they're hidden..
    > >
    > > These hidden files obviously got 'unhidden' by something that
    > > happened during the reinstall you did.
    > >

    > That makes perfect sense to me. Alot of my files had their statuses

    changed
    > from archive to read-only to hidden to unhidden. I'll try to find a way

    > hide them.

    Done....found all those files and changed them to "Hidden". Thanks.

    Bud Light, Jul 3, 2005
  8. Bud Light

    Roy Guest

    "Bud Light" <> wrote in message
    >I have a Canon A75 and everytime I download my pictures from my camera to
    >my
    > computer it would only download the JPEGS. I recently had to reinstall my
    > operating system. After I did this I noticed that for every folder
    > containing my pictures there is an added file called ZBThumbnail.info.
    > This
    > file never used to be there.
    >
    > Does anyone know what the purpose of this file is and how it is used? Or
    > can
    > I just delete it.
    >
    > I went to a website and it said that a program called XNview will open the
    > file but apparently it doesn't.
    >
    > Thanks for the help.

    Hi.

    If you are running XP, and select Thumbnails in "View" instead of "Icons",
    you will also find another "Thumbnail File" hidden in each Folder. These
    often come into sight when you are copying to a CD.

    Roy G

    Roy, Jul 3, 2005