What is your intelligence?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Mr.Coolmaster@gmail.com, Jul 19, 2006.

  1. Guest

    , Jul 19, 2006

  2. ~misfit~ Guest

    wrote:
    > Test it out with this IQ test

    <snip URL>

    I passed!!! I didn't click on the URL.

    :)
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jul 20, 2006

  3. Jerry Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Test it out with this IQ test

    > <snip URL>
    >
    > I passed!!! I didn't click on the URL.
    >
    > :)

    That's a worry, my IQ is the same as Misfit's :p

    Jerry, Jul 20, 2006
  4. ~misfit~ Guest

    Jerry wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > > Test it out with this IQ test

    > > <snip URL>
    > >
    > > I passed!!! I didn't click on the URL.
    > >
    > > :)

    > That's a worry, my IQ is the same as Misfit's :p

    What do you mean? I'm not worried. Should I be? ;-)
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jul 20, 2006
  5. JBS Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    >> Test it out with this IQ test

    > <snip URL>
    >
    > I passed!!! I didn't click on the URL.
    >
    > :)
    > --
    > Shaun.

    I agree, the most intelligent thing you can do is not submit yourself to
    intelligence tests as they are such shallow measures of a person's overall
    capabilities and often don't take into account emotional intelligence. But
    if you do have to do one of these tests, you can improve your score
    significantly by practicing in advance and doing lots of different tests.
    You can become expert at IQ tests, just as you can with most things that you
    devote yourself to!

    JBS, Jul 20, 2006
  6. ~misfit~ Guest

    JBS wrote:
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > > wrote:
    > > > Test it out with this IQ test

    > > <snip URL>
    > >
    > > I passed!!! I didn't click on the URL.
    > >
    > > :)
    > > --
    > > Shaun.

    > I agree, the most intelligent thing you can do is not submit yourself
    > to intelligence tests as they are such shallow measures of a person's
    > overall capabilities and often don't take into account emotional
    > intelligence.

    Indeed, there's even a term for it, EQ as opposed to IQ, and, (wouldn't ya
    know it?) several institutes are working on testing for it.

    > But if you do have to do one of these tests, you can
    > improve your score significantly by practicing in advance and doing
    > lots of different tests. You can become expert at IQ tests, just as
    > you can with most things that you devote yourself to!

    Yes, I knew a guy like that. He'd hose IQ tests but had absolutely no common
    sense and was, IMO, not very 'bright'. <g>
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jul 21, 2006