    Forte Agent capabilities.

    Thanks,

    Boaby
    Boaby, Jun 13, 2007

  2. Boaby wrote:
    > Can anyone suggest any decent free newsreaders that exist to download on
    > the internet? I am looking to try alternatives rather than using Windows
    > Mail as it has limited functionality. I would like the free newsreader
    > be similar to Forte Agent capabilities.

    I use Thunderbird for text groups, XNews for binaries. Agent is also
    very good, but it's not free. There *is* Free Agent, but doesn't have
    the same functionality.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 13, 2007

  3. Boaby

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 16:05:14 +0000, wrote:

    > Can anyone suggest any decent free newsreaders that exist to download on the
    > internet? I am looking to try alternatives rather than using Windows Mail as
    > it has limited functionality. I would like the free newsreader be similar to
    > Forte Agent capabilities.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Boaby

    PAN

    http://pan.rebelbase.com/
    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    #8 AUK Hate Machine Cog
    COOSN-266-06-25794
    Meat Plow, Jun 13, 2007
  4. Boaby wrote:

    > Can anyone suggest any decent free newsreaders that exist to download
    > on the internet? I am looking to try alternatives rather than using
    > Windows Mail as it has limited functionality. I would like the free
    > newsreader be similar to Forte Agent capabilities.

    http://k75s.home.att.net/tips.html#newsreaders

    Note that 40tude Dialog is at the top of the list. It will do anything
    any normal or advanced user would want to do, for text, binaries,
    various flavors of encoding, and so on.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 13, 2007
  5. "Boaby" wrote in

    > Can anyone suggest any decent free newsreaders that
    > exist to download on the internet? I am looking to try
    > alternatives rather than using Windows Mail as it has
    > limited functionality. I would like the free newsreader
    > be similar to Forte Agent capabilities.
    >
    > Thanks, > > Boaby >

    OE, and it comes with Windows for free.

    People only pick on it because they like it a lot.

    --

    Stock tip: Corn-dog Flavored Popcicles

    http://www.misternicehands.com/

    (Click on either hand...)
    Bucky Breeder, Jun 13, 2007
  6. Boaby

    Leythos Guest

    In article <_AUbi.142710$>, "Boaby"
    <:-(> says...
    > Can anyone suggest any decent free newsreaders that exist to download on the
    > internet? I am looking to try alternatives rather than using Windows Mail as
    > it has limited functionality. I would like the free newsreader be similar to
    > Forte Agent capabilities.

    Since you're on Windows, the best, tried and true, free, simple, no
    malware, is Super Gravity. While old, it's the most reliable, easy to
    thread, can download mime, and is 100% Usenet compliant.

    http://gravity.tbates.org/

    and put on his website: http://www.futurehardware.in/595578-2.htm all
    exposed to children (the link I've include does not directly display his
    filth). You can find the same information by googling for 'PCBUTTS1' and
    'exposed to kids'.
    Leythos, Jun 13, 2007
  7. Boaby

    Gordon Guest

    "Bucky Breeder" <> wrote in
    message news:Xns994E74DB02238DRiVEBYESLY@216.151.153.41...

    > it comes with Windows for free.

    [Rant mode on] - no it doesn't - it is either FREE or you get it FOR
    NOTHING - "for free" is meaningless.....[Rant mode off]
    Gordon, Jun 13, 2007
  8. Boaby

    Evan Platt Guest

    On 13 Jun 2007 16:34:26 GMT, Bucky Breeder
    <> wrote:

    >OE, and it comes with Windows for free.
    >
    >People only pick on it because they like it a lot.

    One of my favorite sigs:

    "Using Outlook Express is the moral equivalent of
    putting on spike heels, fishnets, and a bustier, walking down to the
    corner of Virus St and Trojan Ave, and shouting 'Hello, Sailor!'.
    Evan Platt, Jun 13, 2007
  9. Boaby

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-06-13, Boaby <> wrote:
    > Can anyone suggest any decent free newsreaders that exist to download on the
    > internet? I am looking to try alternatives rather than using Windows Mail as
    > it has limited functionality. I would like the free newsreader be similar to
    > Forte Agent capabilities.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Boaby

    Slrn. But that doesn't mean that you will like it, or even be able to
    make it run.

    See <http://www.newsreaders.com/> for more about what programs are
    available for your operating system. Most are free for personal use. See
    also the newsgroup news.software.readers :))

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Jun 13, 2007
  10. Boaby

    sittingduck Guest

    Boaby wrote:

    > I would like the free newsreader be similar to
    > Forte Agent capabilities.

    The closest thing to Agent, is probably OE. Most agree that they BOTH suck
    huge donkey balls though.

    If you want a newsreader that will provide hours and hours of enjoyment and
    learning, and also excellent functionality, get Xnews.
    http://Xnews.newsguy.com
    Download the "Latest" version, extract it, then overwrite the .exe with the
    "Test" version.
    sittingduck, Jun 13, 2007
  11. Leythos wrote:

    > "Boaby" says...
    >> Can anyone suggest any decent free newsreaders that exist to download
    >> on the internet? I am looking to try alternatives rather than using
    >> Windows Mail as it has limited functionality. I would like the free
    >> newsreader be similar to Forte Agent capabilities.

    > Since you're on Windows, the best, tried and true, free, simple, no
    > malware, is Super Gravity. While old, it's the most reliable, easy to
    > thread, can download mime, and is 100% Usenet compliant.

    As I recall, one of the disadvantages of Gravity is that it can only
    access one news server at a time. Then you need to switch to access
    another. 40tude Dialog, on the other hand, can access many servers all
    at once.

    Otherwise, Gravity is a nice program.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 13, 2007
  12. Boaby

    Leythos Guest

    In article <SFVbi.82250$>,
    lid says...
    > Leythos wrote:
    >
    > > "Boaby" says...
    > >> Can anyone suggest any decent free newsreaders that exist to download
    > >> on the internet? I am looking to try alternatives rather than using
    > >> Windows Mail as it has limited functionality. I would like the free
    > >> newsreader be similar to Forte Agent capabilities.

    > > Since you're on Windows, the best, tried and true, free, simple, no
    > > malware, is Super Gravity. While old, it's the most reliable, easy to
    > > thread, can download mime, and is 100% Usenet compliant.

    > As I recall, one of the disadvantages of Gravity is that it can only
    > access one news server at a time. Then you need to switch to access
    > another. 40tude Dialog, on the other hand, can access many servers all
    > at once.
    >
    > Otherwise, Gravity is a nice program.

    Unless you're downloading files, masses of them, it's great. I don't
    download images and don't read binary groups, so, it's a great
    application.

    You can also download and run PAN on Windows, but PAN on windows is not
    very stable.

    --
    Leythos - (remove 999 to email me)

    Leythos, Jun 13, 2007
  13. Boaby

    Jim S Guest

    On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 17:18:42 GMT, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Leythos wrote:
    >
    >> "Boaby" says...
    >>> Can anyone suggest any decent free newsreaders that exist to download
    >>> on the internet? I am looking to try alternatives rather than using
    >>> Windows Mail as it has limited functionality. I would like the free
    >>> newsreader be similar to Forte Agent capabilities.

    >> Since you're on Windows, the best, tried and true, free, simple, no
    >> malware, is Super Gravity. While old, it's the most reliable, easy to
    >> thread, can download mime, and is 100% Usenet compliant.

    > As I recall, one of the disadvantages of Gravity is that it can only
    > access one news server at a time. Then you need to switch to access
    > another. 40tude Dialog, on the other hand, can access many servers all
    > at once.
    >
    > Otherwise, Gravity is a nice program.

    Agreed.
    40tude dialog will show all servers in one column. It's a bit of a fiddle to
    set up, but nowhere as fiddly as Xnews. Both are worth the effort tho'
    Gravity is ok if you want a newsreader working 'out of the box'.
    --
    Jim S
    Tyneside UK
    Jim S, Jun 13, 2007
  14. "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > "Bucky Breeder" <> wrote in
    > message news:Xns994E74DB02238DRiVEBYESLY@216.151.153.41...
    >>
    >> it comes with Windows for free.
    >>

    > [Rant mode on] - no it doesn't - it is either FREE or you get it FOR
    > NOTHING - "for free" is meaningless.....[Rant mode off]

    Keep the Rant mode on, it's obvious that that's what Boaby wanted to get
    away from.

    --
    Brian J. Whiting

    Brian Whiting, Jun 13, 2007
  15. "Boaby" <:-(> wrote in

    > Can anyone suggest any decent free newsreaders that
    > exist to download on the internet? I am looking to try
    > alternatives rather than using Windows Mail as it has
    > limited functionality. I would like the free newsreader
    > be similar to Forte Agent capabilities. > > Thanks,> > Boaby

    > On 13 Jun 2007 16:34:26 GMT, Bucky Breeder
    > <> wrote
    > in news:Xns994E74DB02238DRiVEBYESLY@216.151.153.41:
    >
    >>OE, and it comes with Windows for free.
    >>
    >>People only pick on it because they like it a lot.

    Evan Platt <> wrote in

    > One of my favorite sigs:
    >
    > "Using Outlook Express is the moral equivalent of
    > putting on spike heels, fishnets, and a bustier, walking
    > down to the corner of Virus St and Trojan Ave, and
    > shouting 'Hello, Sailor!'.

    I guess that's why it's my "favourite newsreader" !
    Maybe I'll post some of my favorite sigs when "Boaby"
    asks which favourite sigs to use in his favourite
    newsreader. (^%

    Bucky Breeder, Jun 13, 2007
  16. > "Boaby" wrote in

    >> Can anyone suggest any decent free newsreaders that
    >> exist to download on the internet? I am looking to try
    >> alternatives rather than using Windows Mail as it has
    >> limited functionality. I would like the free newsreader
    >> be similar to Forte Agent capabilities.
    >>
    >> Thanks, > > Boaby >

    >> "Bucky Breeder" wrote in
    >> message news:Xns994E74DB02238DRiVEBYESLY@216.151.153.41...
    >>>
    >>> OE, and it comes with Windows for free.
    >>>
    >>> People only pick on it because they like it a lot.

    > "Gordon" the Gay-Tard wrote on his OE this moron-evidence in
    >>
    >> [Rant mode on] - no it doesn't - it is either FREE
    >> or you get it FOR NOTHING - "for free" is
    >> meaningless.....[Rant mode off]

    "Brian Whiting" writes
    in news::

    > Keep the Rant mode on, it's obvious that that's what
    > Boaby wanted to get away from.

    LOL! And *this* branch emanating from OE...
    That *is* why it's *my* "favourite" of all time!
    (^%

    Bucky Breeder, Jun 13, 2007
  17. > Boaby wrote:

    >> I would like the free newsreader be similar to
    >> Forte Agent capabilities.

    sittingduck <> wrote in

    > The closest thing to Agent, is probably OE. Most agree
    > that they BOTH suck huge donkey balls though.

    ROTF-LMAO!!! And *that* is probably why OE is my most
    "favourite" of all time!

    Bucky Breeder, Jun 13, 2007
  18. "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > "Bucky Breeder" <> wrote in
    > message news:Xns994E74DB02238DRiVEBYESLY@216.151.153.41...
    >>
    >> it comes with Windows for free.
    >>

    > [Rant mode on] - no it doesn't - it is either FREE or you get it FOR
    > NOTHING - "for free" is meaningless.....[Rant mode off]

    another stupid one from uk
    that does NOT even make sense
    Sunshine Superstudent, Jun 14, 2007
  19. After much thought,Boaby aka :-( came up with
    this jewel:

    > Can anyone suggest any decent free newsreaders that exist to download
    > on the internet? I am looking to try alternatives rather than using
    > Windows Mail as it has limited functionality. I would like the free
    > newsreader be similar to Forte Agent capabilities.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Boaby

    XanaNews
    http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/xananews.htm

    max
    --
    My Pages:
    Virus Removal Instructions:
    What's in a Name?, Jun 14, 2007
  20. Boaby

    Dustin Cook Guest

    "Boaby" <:-(> wrote in

    > Can anyone suggest any decent free newsreaders that exist to download
    > on the internet? I am looking to try alternatives rather than using
    > Windows Mail as it has limited functionality. I would like the free
    > newsreader be similar to Forte Agent capabilities.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Boaby

    I've been a very happy user of Xnews for sometime now.
    http://www.download.com/3000-2164-10144167.html

    --
    Dustin Cook
    Author of BugHunter - MalWare Removal Tool - v2.2c
    Dustin Cook, Jun 14, 2007