    - Eolake
    --

    http://MacCreator.com
    Eolake Stobblehouse, Dec 13, 2004

  2. Current....not yet! But they have been announced...

    Mamiya ZD (if I win the lottery)
    Fuji S3 (most likely choice for price reasons)
    Nikon (Whatever they best will be)
    Kodak 14n (if they ever get their problems worked out)

    Gene Palmiter, Dec 13, 2004

  3. Eolake Stobblehouse

    TAFKAB Guest

    The Sony 828, with the noise performance of a 1DMkII would come awful close.

    TAFKAB, Dec 13, 2004
  4. Eolake Stobblehouse

    Crownfield Guest

    Gene Palmiter wrote:

    > Current....not yet! But they have been announced...
    >
    > Mamiya ZD (if I win the lottery)
    > Fuji S3 (most likely choice for price reasons)

    not yet.
    fuji has had a 24x36mm sensor for larger formats.
    if the S4 has a full frame sensor, yes.

    Crownfield, Dec 13, 2004
  5. Eolake Stobblehouse

    DaveGK Guest

    "Eolake Stobblehouse" wrote in message ...

    > What is your dream camera?
    > Limit it to current technology please...

    H1 + P25 :)

    --
    Cheers,
    DaveGK
    DaveGK, Dec 13, 2004
  6. Eolake Stobblehouse <> writes:

    > What is your dream camera?
    > Limit it to current technology please...

    Mine is a small metal brick. It has a Nikon lens mount on the front,
    an LCD (on a very flexible gimbal) on the back, a button on the top
    (shutter release), a compact flash slot in the side, and a battery
    well in the bottom. The other side is reserved for future expansion
    :).

    I know the problems with preview from current high-quality CCDs, and
    that's an area where this device violates your "current technology"
    requirement.

    Oh, open source software of course, too.
    David Dyer-Bennet, Dec 13, 2004
  7. by the way, I was not clear: by current technology, I meant what they
    *could* build right now if they wanted and the market was there.

    --
    - Eolake
    --

    http://MacCreator.com
    Eolake Stobblehouse, Dec 13, 2004
  8. Eolake Stobblehouse

    Crownfield Guest

    DaveGK wrote:

    > "Eolake Stobblehouse" wrote in message ...
    >
    > > What is your dream camera?
    > > Limit it to current technology please...

    > H1 + P25 :)

    or H1 + 528c
    multi shot mode can give 4x sharpness.

    Crownfield, Dec 13, 2004
  9. Eolake Stobblehouse

    Crownfield Guest

    David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

    > Eolake Stobblehouse <> writes:
    >
    > > What is your dream camera?
    > > Limit it to current technology please...

    > Mine is a small metal brick. It has a Nikon lens mount on the front,

    or a turret that takes canon or nikon lenses! :)
    and a built in hand grip so your hand fits into the camera.

    Crownfield, Dec 13, 2004
  10. Eolake Stobblehouse

    Guest

    Re: What is your dream camera?

    My favorite camera is my Fuji s7000, though I am told they also make
    another pro camera that makes even this lovely thing look shabby.
    Frankly I am a digital girl and though I also like my 35MM film
    cameras, a Sears Ricoh and Yashica G series respectively, this one is
    for me my "ultimate" camera.

    It just does it all and for a digital camera it's picture quality
    cannot be beat. I'm taking larger and much clearer pics than by rights
    I should be with a 6MP camera, and this far in almost every setting it
    hasn't let me down in terms of quality and reliability.

    I can't really afford the "pro" model above this one, but if I ever do
    go "up" you can be it will be another Fuji. This is my 3rd Fuji
    digital and I am a confirmed fan...

    , Dec 13, 2004
  11. The leaf back my partner and I use with mamiya. Otherwise we shoot a lot of
    120 and scan it in to get enough detail. Fixed lenses are the way to go.
    Personally I'd like a 20Mp 35mm format slr with fixed lenses 24, 50, 105, &
    400. I'd want to have 25-50 ISO! If I want grain I'll shoot film, hp5 or
    tmax

    graciette belform, Dec 14, 2004
  12. Eolake Stobblehouse

    Ken Davey Guest

    I doubt if this will ever meet the criteria of marketability but....
    A (affordable) module/data pack that is a direct replacement of the standard
    film holder on a 4 X 5 view camera.
    Just imagine....................

    Ken.

    --
    http://www.rupert.net/~solar
    Return address supplied by 'spammotel'
    Ken Davey, Dec 14, 2004
  13. > not yet.
    > fuji has had a 24x36mm sensor for larger formats.
    > if the S4 has a full frame sensor, yes.

    I am anxious to see test files from the S3. If it really has substantial
    improvements in the dynamic range I will buy it. It really is more
    affordable than other cameras in it's class. And while its hard to classify
    it by MP, going by what I have seen and read on the S2 the slanted sensor is
    effective. It really is a 6mp camera (the other 6mp don't add resolution)
    but if its as effective as the S2 it will be as sharp as an 8mp.
    Gene Palmiter, Dec 14, 2004
  14. Eolake Stobblehouse

    Hunt Guest

    In article <131220041735104966%>,
    says...

    >What is your dream camera?
    >Limit it to current technology please...
    >
    >One of mine is a "super-Leica"... A very compact digicam, weighing
    >under a pound, with a large sensor for noise-free images at high ISO,
    >and a super-quality wideangle lens. Zoom or not. Probably a fixed lens,
    >like a 28mm equivalent, F1.4.
    >(Either good low-light autofocus, or a wide rangefinder.)
    >
    >--
    >- Eolake
    >--
    >
    >http://MacCreator.com

    Sinar P2e with an Apo 45mm - 450mm f/2.8 zoom with 8x10 coverage, that is as
    sharp as a prime throughout the range. Oh, and a motor drive that allows about
    2 sheets/sec with something less than a 5hp Briggs & Stratton! Hey, maybe
    throw in auto-focus too!!!! <G>

    Hunt
    Hunt, Dec 14, 2004
  15. Eolake Stobblehouse

    Crownfield Guest

    Re: What is your dream camera?

    wrote:

    > My favorite camera is my Fuji s7000, though I am told they also make
    > another pro camera that makes even this lovely thing look shabby.
    > Frankly I am a digital girl and though I also like my 35MM film
    > cameras, a Sears Ricoh and Yashica G series respectively, this one is
    > for me my "ultimate" camera.
    >
    > It just does it all and for a digital camera it's picture quality
    > cannot be beat. I'm taking larger and much clearer pics than by rights
    > I should be with a 6MP camera, and this far in almost every setting it
    > hasn't let me down in terms of quality and reliability.
    >
    > I can't really afford the "pro" model above this one, but if I ever do
    > go "up" you can be it will be another Fuji. This is my 3rd Fuji
    > digital and I am a confirmed fan...

    the 'feel' of the color seems right to me.

    Crownfield, Dec 14, 2004
  16. Eolake Stobblehouse

    Crownfield Guest

    Hunt wrote:

    > In article <131220041735104966%>,
    > says...
    > >

    > >What is your dream camera?
    > >Limit it to current technology please...
    > >
    > >One of mine is a "super-Leica"... A very compact digicam, weighing
    > >under a pound, with a large sensor for noise-free images at high ISO,
    > >and a super-quality wideangle lens. Zoom or not. Probably a fixed lens,
    > >like a 28mm equivalent, F1.4.
    > >(Either good low-light autofocus, or a wide rangefinder.)
    > >
    > >--
    > >- Eolake
    > >--
    > >
    > >http://MacCreator.com

    > Sinar P2e with an Apo 45mm - 450mm f/2.8 zoom with 8x10 coverage, that is as
    > sharp as a prime throughout the range. Oh, and a motor drive that allows about
    > 2 sheets/sec with something less than a 5hp Briggs & Stratton!

    with the p4x5 digital back,
    4x5 inches, at about 400 MegaPixels,
    you will no longer need film or motordrive.

    you will need a very large disk drive.

    Crownfield, Dec 14, 2004