    What is "Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Version 2003"? I think I know what
    "Windows XP 64-Bit Edition" is.

    Kaz

    honjo, Sep 12, 2005

  2. honjo

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "honjo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > What is "Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Version 2003"? I think I know what
    > "Windows XP 64-Bit Edition" is.
    >
    > Kaz

    There is no such thing as Windows XP 64-Bit Edition version 2003 or Windows
    XP 64 -Bit Edition.

    There *is* Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Sep 12, 2005

  3. honjo

    James Park Guest

    James Park, Sep 12, 2005
  4. Actually, Bobby, there was an XP 64-bit Edition -- the old Itanium version
    that is no longer available.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 12, 2005
  5. honjo

    zekolas Guest

    honjo wrote:
    > What is "Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Version 2003"? I think I know what
    > "Windows XP 64-Bit Edition" is.
    >
    > Kaz

    They are probably the same the same thing, just differnt people calling
    them differnt names. I assume the 2003 comes from the fact that XP pro
    64, is based off of the windows server 2003 kernel, although this is all
    just a guess and I may be wrong.

    zekolas, Sep 12, 2005
  6. honjo

    honjo Guest

    Thanks to James and everyone responded to my post.

    The name is followed by "for Itanium-based System" in the downloaded doc
    file from the link. The name I saw did not include this but I am now
    sure that the OS is for Itanium. I saw the OS name somewhere at MS website.
    Thanks again.

    Kaz

    honjo, Sep 13, 2005