    All the People I know that have computers say about 20 or more, none know a
    thing about Usenet at all.

    Has the Net Guide ever published a article on how to use Usenet..
    Woger, Jul 17, 2009

  2. Woger

    Alan Guest

    "Woger" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Well a few years back there were over 100 post a day now its lucky
    > to be over
    > 20.
    >

    > All the People I know that have computers say about 20 or more, none
    > know a
    > thing about Usenet at all.
    >
    > Has the Net Guide ever published a article on how to use Usenet..

    I think volume dropped off when Xtra killed their NNTP server, and
    others have also done the same thing probably.

    The casual posters probably just use web forums instead.

    Just my guess!

    Alan.

    My unmunged email is: (valid for 30 days
    min probably much longer).
    Alan, Jul 17, 2009

  3. Woger

    Woger Guest

    On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 15:37:56 +1200, "Alan" <> wrote:

    >"Woger" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Well a few years back there were over 100 post a day now its lucky
    >> to be over
    >> 20.
    >>

    >> All the People I know that have computers say about 20 or more, none
    >> know a
    >> thing about Usenet at all.
    >>
    >> Has the Net Guide ever published a article on how to use Usenet..
    >>

    >I think volume dropped off when Xtra killed their NNTP server, and
    >others have also done the same thing probably.
    >
    >The casual posters probably just use web forums instead.
    >
    >Just my guess!
    >
    >Alan.

    Yes but plenty of free NNTP servers as I use 2 of them..
    Woger, Jul 17, 2009
  4. Woger

    Alan Guest

    "Woger" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 15:37:56 +1200, "Alan" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>"Woger" <> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> Well a few years back there were over 100 post a day now its lucky
    >>> to be over
    >>> 20.
    >>>

    >>> All the People I know that have computers say about 20 or more,
    >>> none
    >>> know a
    >>> thing about Usenet at all.
    >>>
    >>> Has the Net Guide ever published a article on how to use Usenet..
    >>>

    >>I think volume dropped off when Xtra killed their NNTP server, and
    >>others have also done the same thing probably.
    >>
    >>The casual posters probably just use web forums instead.
    >>
    >>Just my guess!
    >>
    >>Alan.

    > Yes but plenty of free NNTP servers as I use 2 of them..

    Me too, but most casual users probably just couldn't be bothered, and
    found it easier to post to a web forum.

    Sad, but seems likely to me.

    Alan, Jul 17, 2009
  5. Woger

    Mutlley Guest

    Woger <> wrote:

    >Well a few years back there were over 100 post a day now its lucky to be over
    >20.
    >

    >All the People I know that have computers say about 20 or more, none know a
    >thing about Usenet at all.
    >
    >Has the Net Guide ever published a article on how to use Usenet..

    Most likely that lots NZ ISPs have dropped USENET and you have to
    use one overseas and people don't want to pay for them plus allot of
    discussion is done online these days..
    Mutlley, Jul 17, 2009
  6. Woger

    Woger Guest

    On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 16:41:58 +1200, Mutlley <> wrote:

    >Woger <> wrote:
    >

    >>Well a few years back there were over 100 post a day now its lucky to be over
    >>20.
    >>

    >>All the People I know that have computers say about 20 or more, none know a
    >>thing about Usenet at all.
    >>
    >>Has the Net Guide ever published a article on how to use Usenet..

    >Most likely that lots NZ ISPs have dropped USENET and you have to
    >use one overseas and people don't want to pay for them plus allot of
    >discussion is done online these days..

    Plenty of free ones, I use 2..

    I think the main problem is no one knows a thing about Usenet, its the
    Web.Google that is constantly promoted and they think that is what the
    Internet is..
    Woger, Jul 17, 2009
  7. Woger

    Gordon Guest

    On 2009-07-17, Woger <> wrote:

    > Well a few years back there were over 100 post a day now its lucky to be over
    > 20.

    Huh?

    > All the People I know that have computers say about 20 or more, none know a
    > thing about Usenet at all.
    >
    > Has the Net Guide ever published a article on how to use Usenet..

    From memory yes.

    In fact Usenet is starting to appear on the media radar as it carries on and
    on and on. Maybe it is niche but it is not going to die anytime soon.
    Gordon, Jul 17, 2009
  8. Woger

    Alan Guest

    "Woger" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 16:41:58 +1200, Mutlley <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Woger <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Well a few years back there were over 100 post a day now its lucky
    >>>to be over
    >>>20.
    >>>

    >>>All the People I know that have computers say about 20 or more,
    >>>none know a
    >>>thing about Usenet at all.
    >>>
    >>>Has the Net Guide ever published a article on how to use Usenet..

    >>Most likely that lots NZ ISPs have dropped USENET and you have to
    >>use one overseas and people don't want to pay for them plus allot of
    >>discussion is done online these days..

    > Plenty of free ones, I use 2..
    >
    > I think the main problem is no one knows a thing about Usenet, its
    > the
    > Web.Google that is constantly promoted and they think that is what
    > the
    > Internet is..

    Absolutely.

    For most people: Internet = Web

    Most people even effectively think SMTP / POP3 / IMAP = HTTP(S) since
    they do all their email on GMail or Hotmail or whatever.

    {Sigh}

    Alan, Jul 17, 2009
  9. On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 17:27:57 +1200, Woger <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 16:41:58 +1200, Mutlley <> wrote:
    >
    >>Woger <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Well a few years back there were over 100 post a day now its lucky to be over
    >>>20.
    >>>

    >>>All the People I know that have computers say about 20 or more, none know a
    >>>thing about Usenet at all.
    >>>
    >>>Has the Net Guide ever published a article on how to use Usenet..

    >>Most likely that lots NZ ISPs have dropped USENET and you have to
    >>use one overseas and people don't want to pay for them plus allot of
    >>discussion is done online these days..

    >Plenty of free ones, I use 2..
    >
    >I think the main problem is no one knows a thing about Usenet, its the
    >Web.Google that is constantly promoted and they think that is what the
    >Internet is..

    I reckon it's (usenet) morphed into Twitter.......
    Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce, Jul 17, 2009
  10. Woger

    Rhino Guest

    On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 22:47:01 +1200, Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce
    <> wrote:

    >I reckon it's (usenet) morphed into Twitter.......

    You have to be joking :(

    Once you sort the wheat from the chaff, Usenet has some valuable
    content.

    Twitter is just a bunch of Z-list celebs saying "look at me, I am
    important."

    Cheers, Rhino
    Rhino, Jul 17, 2009
  11. Woger

    Jeff Guest

    Rhino wrote:

    > Twitter is just a bunch of Z-list celebs saying "look at me, I am
    > important."

    That is human nature.

    "There are two kinds of egotists:
    Those who admit it,
    and the rest of us."
    Jeff, Jul 17, 2009
  12. In message <>, Rhino wrote:

    > Once you sort the wheat from the chaff, Usenet has some valuable
    > content.

    Once you sort the wheat from the chaff, even a sewer has some valuable
    content.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 17, 2009
  13. In message <>, Woger wrote:

    > Well a few years back there were over 100 post a day now its lucky to be
    > over 20.

    I happily post on all kinds of topics that interest me, but it's a bit hard
    to sustain a conversation when others are not as widely read as you.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 17, 2009
  14. Woger

    victor Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In message <>, Woger wrote:
    >
    >> Well a few years back there were over 100 post a day now its lucky to be
    >> over 20.

    > I happily post on all kinds of topics that interest me, but it's a bit hard
    > to sustain a conversation when others are not as widely read as you.

    You are just conceited and narcissistic.
    Not that there's anything wrong with that, just don't get pissed off
    when your boyfriend says your cock is tiny.
    victor, Jul 18, 2009
  15. In message <h3r1tl$11f$-september.org>, victor wrote:

    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >> In message <>, Woger wrote:
    >>
    >>> Well a few years back there were over 100 post a day now its lucky to be
    >>> over 20.

    >> I happily post on all kinds of topics that interest me, but it's a bit
    >> hard to sustain a conversation when others are not as widely read as you.

    > You are just conceited and narcissistic.
    > Not that there's anything wrong with that, just don't get pissed off
    > when your boyfriend says your cock is tiny.

    Hey, I'm not the one obsessing about cocks and boyfriends...
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 18, 2009
  16. Woger

    victor Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In message <h3r1tl$11f$-september.org>, victor wrote:
    >
    >> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    >>> I happily post on all kinds of topics that interest me, but it's a bit
    >>> hard to sustain a conversation when others are not as widely read as you.

    >> You are just conceited and narcissistic.
    >> Not that there's anything wrong with that, just don't get pissed off
    >> when your boyfriend says your cock is tiny.

    > Hey, I'm not the one obsessing about cocks and boyfriends...

    Whatever you say ;-)
    victor, Jul 18, 2009