    have it just heard people talking about it
    thanks
    sean

    Sean, Sep 29, 2003

  2. Sean

    Marko Guest

    Hello Sean

    The fact that you were able to send this post would
    suggest that you do have winsock which is actually
    a .dll. Seach your windows folder for winsock.dll.

    Short for Windows Socket I believe.

    Marko, Sep 29, 2003

  3. Sean

    billyw Guest

    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/windows/winsock-faq/ try that

    billyw, Sep 29, 2003
  4. Sean

    Kendal Emery Guest

    From webopedia

    Short for Windows Socket, Winsock is an Application Programming Interface
    (API) for developing Windows programs that can communicate with other
    machines via the TCP/IP protocol. Windows 95 and Windows NT comes with
    Dynamic Link Library (DLL) called winsock.dll that implements the API and
    acts as the glue between Windows programs and TCP/IP connections.
    In addition to the Microsoft version of winsock.dll, there are other
    freeware and shareware versions of winsock.dll. However, there is no
    official standard for the Winsock API, so each implementation differs in
    minor ways.

    Systems Administrator
    Coordinated Home Care

    remove me to email to me

    Kendal Emery, Sep 29, 2003
  5. Sean

    sean Guest

    thanks mate

    sean, Sep 30, 2003
  6. Sean

    winsoc Guest

    hey,

    Im winsock ;)

    Winsock is used for building socket connections...

    winsoc, Oct 4, 2003